1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure Dave is thrilled that people on his forum are encouraging factories to recast his employer's products.
They're doing it anyway and I've reached out to
DD asking about a possible followup figure in the series (a blue eyed Selene) to no avail. I have to get my blue eyed version some how. I've stanned for this figure since it's release on multiple forums.

Sorry to have pushed you over the edge. :monkey3
It was meant to be. I haven't opened it up yet, I have a complicated DAM Military figure to put together first.

I'm sure Dave is thrilled that people on his forum are encouraging factories to recast his employer's products.
Considering that you'll need the whole SA Selene figure to use that new head, it only benefits the sales of Star Ace's Selene, which has already sold out at most places. You could use that Kumik unlicensed Selene set, but I consider it inferior to Star Ace's licensed Selene figure.

Got the recast in the mail today, and boy, what an improvement. If you need a proof that a paint job can make or break a sculpt, this is definitely it!

Told you! Her face doesn't look like plastic now. Post some pics.

Likely next week.

49862f05a73247b5e142ba1aa29253b2.jpg

That looks good Underworld54!
How does this head scale to the original? There's a small percentage of shrinking expected in recasts.
Also is that resin or plastic?

That looks good Underworld54!
How does this head scale to the original? There's a small percentage of shrinking expected in recasts.
Also is that resin or plastic?

I haven't added mine to my figure yet but it looks like the same size to me. I'm honestly not sure what material they use.

I haven't added mine to my figure yet but it looks like the same size to me. I'm honestly not sure what material they use.

Is the hair a bit soft and moves a bit when you squeeze it (like the original head sculpt) or hard as a rock and unmovable?
Resin would be hard and Plastic would be softer.

Is the hair a bit soft and moves a bit when you squeeze it (like the original head sculpt) or hard as a rock and unmovable?
Resin would be hard and Plastic would be softer.
I don't think my original squeezes at all, but these have good weight to them...very solid. Definitely not barbie heads.

I don't think my original squeezes at all, but these have good weight to them...very solid. Definitely not barbie heads.

I just went and squeezed the hair on my original so there is a bit of give to the plastic. It sounds like this is full resin if it's heavy and hard. I'm going to think about it, maybe I'll contact the seller about what the head is made of.

I just went and squeezed the hair on my original so there is a bit of give to the plastic. It sounds like this is full resin if it's heavy and hard. I'm going to think about it, maybe I'll contact the seller about what the head is made of.

Is resin bad?

Is resin bad?

Not really. I own quite a few resin heads myself, just curious of the quality as plastic can cost more to produce but have more resilience and that give in the hair can allow a greater range of movement and not damage the clothing caused by hard points. If you drop a resin head it will break and chip though, plastic will bounce and be fine so be sure not to drop a resin casting.

Not really. I own quite a few resin heads myself, just curious of the quality as plastic can cost more to produce but have more resilience and that give in the hair can allow a greater range of movement and not damage the clothing caused by hard points. If you drop a resin head it will break and chip though, plastic will bounce and be fine so be sure not to drop a resin casting.

Interesting, all great points. I'll fondle my headsculpt later and doube check if it's flexible or not.

Back