1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find calling CS is more efficient than waiting on an email response... I just call back if I get a recording and eventually get through :lol

Speaking of which I do need to get my holster and one of the pouches replaced as the closure tabs popped off of them :lol

Yeah Plissken that DAM Revenger looks badass.

I would love for DAM to do MGS.

Without question, it's the 'Revenger' who's stealing the limelight in that line-up.

Just imagine if VTS/DAM had the license to produce Snake...

Sitting next to the Revenger, Snake looks out of proportion and like his head is really big unless its the position of the figures, so maybe VTS/Dam would fix that as well as maybe make the paint apps better.

It's been 3 days and I haven't heard from them about my arm.

So it's almost 3 people here that either broke their right arm by accident or have trouble with it.

Its too bad SS has gone the cheap route with this figure, when I bought figures from them in 2000 their Universal Monsters never had any broken parts. I would recommend getting on live chat with them, if you don't want to call them up MatchaJelly

:pray:

I'd give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt and put it down to perspective. Compared to recent Hot Toys the VTS Revenger has a fairly small head, more comparable to the MMS136 Terminator.

I'd love for VTS to see Sideshow's and knock out a sneaky Snake!

I'd be happy with Art Figures or DID releasing some kind of "New York Escapist" or "A Snake From New York" (play on words like Escape but using Snake ;)

It's been 3 days and I haven't heard from them about my arm.

So it's almost 3 people here that either broke their right arm by accident or have trouble with it.

They are probably being bombarded with return and replacement requests for this and the SSC Superman figure!

I called and spoke to someone and for the first time I was directed to the online return form. Hope everyone gets their problems taken care of!

HFlciE8.jpg

Yeah the snake figure looks so toyish compared to the revenger and Robocop figures. Look the size of his head lol! Not only does the headsculpt look nothing like kurt Russell but the proportions of the figure are way off also.

Without question, it's the 'Revenger' who's stealing the limelight in that line-up.

Just imagine if VTS/DAM had the license to produce Snake...

:rotfl
Yeah that's what I want to see, a version of Snake Plissken that looks less like Kurt Russell than Sideshow's with tons of inaccuracies!

Both the VTS Revenger and the Art Figures Saves (which has a superior likeness) are flawed and need work to look screen accurate. Even combining the best of both figures doesn't make them screen accurate, you'd still have to custom make a right sided kydex holster for the M-500.

Art and VTS most likely made intentional errors because they were unlicensed.

Whereas Sideshow just made unintentional errors since they didn't really care... :monkey1

Seriously. You can look at DAM's military releases to see the amazing quality of sculpts and gear/uniforms, at a price less than or equal to this figure.

Got mine in, initial look and it's definitely not as bad as some photos and reviews made it looks. The skin tone is darker than most pictures show it to be. Looking forward to checking it out when home from work and starting to figure out what can be done to improve it.

Art and VTS most likely made intentional errors because they were unlicensed.

Whereas Sideshow just made unintentional errors since they didn't really care... :monkey1

Right...VTS intentionally gave their Revenger the wrong holsters and detail on their vest to avoid copyright infringement, and they thought the huge fu**'n skull on his chest wouldn't get noticed. :rotfl

Seriously. You can look at DAM's military releases to see the amazing quality of sculpts and gear/uniforms, at a price less than or equal to this figure.

Got mine in, initial look and it's definitely not as bad as some photos and reviews made it looks. The skin tone is darker than most pictures show it to be. Looking forward to checking it out when home from work and starting to figure out what can be done to improve it.
What like this unlicensed USMC Sniper headsculpt that looks like a microcephalic Tom Berenger?

View attachment 162422

What like this unlicensed USMC Sniper headsculpt that looks like a microcephalic Tom Berenger?

View attachment 162422

Every company has duds. The paint apps and skin texture alone on that are much better. The gear and tailoring on uniforms are among the best. The weapons are top of the line. Do you own any DAM figures or just ***** about them?

Every company has duds. The paint apps and skin texture alone on that are much better. The gear and tailoring on uniforms are among the best. The weapons are top of the line. Do you own any DAM figures or just ***** about them?

Of course I do. I disagree that Dam's sculpts are of amazing quality, often times they look good, but never capture an actual person's likeness all that well. If they tried to make something look like Kurt Russell, I don't think it would be better than Sideshow's attempt. I agree that they have good paint apps and weapons but they also make unlicensed figures, I'm sure the costs would go up if they had to make them legal.

Of course I do. I disagree that Dam's sculpts are of amazing quality, often times they look good, but never capture an actual person's likeness all that well. If they tried to make something look like Kurt Russell, I don't think it would be better than Sideshow's attempt. I agree that they have good paint apps and weapons but they also make unlicensed figures, I'm sure the costs would go up if they had to make them legal.

4.jpg

They did a amazing job with this guy, and it looks like the actor to me. But I also don't own any Dam toys :dunno

Just opened mine...Haven't taken any pics, but these are just a few things I noticed....

As others have said, the body is ridiculously too tight...I couldn't bend the elbows at all....
I don't care for all the soft rubber used in the accessories, pouches, boots...
Is it just me, or are the guns a bit too over scale?...in the sideshow pics they seemed ok, but looking at them in person they seem kinda big...I know, I know...most of SS guns are kinda on the big side...

On a plus side, the head looks better than I expected...

I really want one licensed figure of Snake, but Im so tempted to return it...It isn't wowing me the way I really hoped it would...The way we all hoped it would...I know people on here are going to customize the heck out of this to make it look good...But I don't trust my skills enough to make it look like I'd want it to look...

As others have said, the body is ridiculously too tight...I couldn't bend the elbows at all....

Yer don't bend too hard, think someone said they broke anarm while attempting?

I took a few pics last night. Really hard to photograph him properly without him looking bland :/ Really need to repaint him.

yhzWnAz.jpg

AXsDjbb.jpg

His white " scar " is terrible.

Yer don't bend too hard, think someone said they broke anarm while attempting?

I took a few pics last night. Really hard to photograph him properly without him looking bland :/ Really need to repaint him.

yhzWnAz.jpg

AXsDjbb.jpg

His white " scar " is terrible.

What throws it off is the head is too big and thus the eye is as well, goes back to what someone said before its more of a caricature of Snake Plissken then a realistic look of Kurt Russel.

Pretty sure that sculpt is by Blitzway (Blitzway/DAM collaboration figure).

:slap Damn you are right forgot about that, but its still being released by Dam so does that count as them making it? Prob. not in the same way a publisher isn't given credit for making a video game like a developer is.

Back