1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he goes alright with a mullet to.

204987-ef9fa462-3251-11e4-b9e7-d00f86afd90e.jpg

It's up to him, but personally, I don't really see a problem with him acting as Snake at his age. He could pull it off. But, it seems like Kurt has some high maintenance issues. If I recall correctly, he even turned down a role in The Expendables, because he claimed that he couldn't identify with action movies :lol.

But, for me, it's Russell or no one else. If he doesn't want to play Snake, then a remake shouldn't even happen.

It's up to him, but personally, I don't really see a problem with him acting as Snake at his age. He could pull it off. But, it seems like Kurt has some high maintenance issues. If I recall correctly, he even turned down a role in The Expendables, because he claimed that he couldn't identify with action movies :lol.

But, for me, it's Russell or no one else. If he doesn't want to play Snake, then a remake shouldn't even happen.

He got in shape for Stuntman Mike in Death Proof, but I think even for him it would be hard to get back into shape like that at his age now... although Mr. Stallone can give him some of his stash :monkey1

Yeah no kidding, when's the last time eric bana did anything good?

He was great in Hanna. There's a scene in that movie that is a four minute single shot steadicam scene with no cuts where he gets off a bus and is being followed by a bunch of suits, they follow him into an underpass, and he wastes them all. All done in one single continuous shot.
I am not saying he'd be great for Snake, but he's a great actor.

Kurt can grow a bad ass beard and get in shape and still pull it off, make the movie about escaping some type of underground place where the army is hunting him get some young faces as support and sell it to hollywood !

Kurt+Russell+Entertainment+Weekly+CapeTown+MbGb2i5devsl.jpg

On the Big Trouble In Little China commentary Kurt said that action movies should star younger guys and that it doesn't seem right for older guys to continue portraying those rolls. Also that he's feeling his age now. So he's out.

Like all the remakes I don't see the need to remake EFNY, just seems like a cash grab by the studios on something proven. That said I can't wait to see the Road Warrior remake. :lol

I think one of the inherent problems that come with trying to capture lightening in a bottle from remakes is that often those movies or heroes are specific to their era. I don't see Snake Plissken as provocative with today's generation as he was with ours. Escape from LA kind of suffered from that as well. Many of us old timers loved seeing Snake again, but newer generations didn't click with him or the style/sensibilities of the film.

Ok seriously I don't mind SS delaying this guy if he's not ready or something, but I would really like to see some
new pics at this point of how he looks. Hopefully by next month we get to see something, WIP pics anything.
They're being so quiet about this figure.

We rarely (almost never) see new pics between the initial solicitation and the first shipped figure. They don't give updates of any kind. Also, didn't someone say the figure at SDCC was a production sample?

His un-weathered jacket bugs me, but I kinda figured it would get a pristine jacket. I hope it was bad lighting, but there was some bad translation from the press shots to the SDCC version.

the SDCC was a pre production piece. they showed pics of other figures released beofre shipping last months like Batman, the droid from star wars and other figures.

Back