1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might work.

DAM-93015-05.JPG

From DAM toys' woodland riverine OPs SEAL.

Pretty good idea, that might work. You don't even need to remove Sideshow's collar, it'd be easier to just make your own red collar.
You could also do that same with a leather WWII Nazi jacket if you prefer that look more.

If you don't plan on him being bare-chested, might as well just roll with the stock Sideshow look.

You DO realize the original figure was NEVER bare-chested right? It was an (ugly) yellow shirt. The more I compare the original figure and card art, the more I realize the original high collar jacket was a horrible, horrible fashion idea from the early 80s and would never translate into something looking realistically good. If I were an enemy of M.A.R.S. I wouldn't take Destro seriously looking like that.

Also unless there are seams and rivets....how on earth would you get a seamless steel helmet on him unless you poured it on him and let it harden? Makes no sense (it was an innocent toy line designed to please 8 year old boys 30 years ago). For the adult (more sophisticated?) collector, Sideshows approach makes so much more sense......

I'm now officially moving from "Liking" this figure....to "Loving" this figure. Yall can butcher him to your hearts content...it's your money and your dolly.....but I for one can't wait to get him as is.

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

You DO realize the original figure was NEVER bare-chested right? It was an (ugly) yellow shirt. The more I compare the original figure and card art, the more I realize the original high collar jacket was a horrible, horrible fashion idea from the early 80s and would never translate into something looking realistically good. If I were an enemy of M.A.R.S. I wouldn't take Destro seriously looking like that.

Also unless there are seams and rivets....how on earth would you get a seamless steel helmet on him unless you poured it on him and let it harden? Makes no sense (it was an innocent toy line designed to please 8 year old boys 30 years ago). For the adult (more sophisticated?) collector, Sideshows approach makes so much more sense......

I'm now officially moving from "Liking" this figure....to "Loving" this figure. Yall can butcher him to your hearts content...it's your money and your dolly.....but I for one can't wait to get him as is.

right with ya! Can't wait for him myself....I think folks will be surprised when we get him in hand

That the same hand you use while you wax on and on about him? :lol

I recall you get excited over a turded looking figure that literally looks like something you'd find in a toilet

It's always awesome to see that the visually impaired enjoy the hobby just as much as I do. :wave

45694.jpg

Before you start to troll the post, notice the "Destro The Enemy!" and "With Swivel-Arm Battle Grip!" are in yellow, and the art and figure are clearly done in a flesh-tone. You can see yellow also used in the reflections and highlights, so I've no doubt that if he was, in fact, wearing a yellow shirt, the artist would've been more than capable of painting it yellow, and Hasbro doing the same on the figure.

Last edited:
:slap Yellow shirt???

EDIT - piggybacking off Nam's point, the Marvel comics clearly showed him **** out too, and Hasbro was all over them in the early days about visual approval etc, worked pretty closely together on design and such. That would have been swatted down really early on I'd imagine if it wasn't what it was supposed to be.

It's always awesome to see that the visually impaired enjoy the hobby just as much as I do. :wave

45694.jpg

Before you start to troll the post, notice the "Destro The Enemy!" and "With Swivel-Arm Battle Grip!" are in yellow, and the art and figure are clearly done in a flesh-tone. You can see yellow also used in the reflections and highlights, so I've no doubt that if he was, in fact, wearing a yellow shirt, the artist would've been more than capable of painting it yellow, and Hasbro doing the same on the figure.

Sound to me he's got himself an aged, color faded Destro.
Need to pick up yourself a ME 25th Destro...or check for color blindness:dunno

Sound to me he's got himself an aged, color faded Destro.
Need to pick up yourself a ME 25th Destro...or check for color blindness:dunno

Yea you hit that one on the head. The original figure was painted VERY yellow (hence the shirt). Yo Joe has a much better picture (see below) and NO other human skin tone is that yellow as can be referenced on their site under the "1983" lineup.

45691_zpsa13b0012.jpg

And a comparison to "Skin tone color"

2steeler1p5_zps5c521543.jpg

and NO other human skin tone is that yellow as can be referenced on their site under the "1983" lineup.

a_zps49d55b3c.jpg

And Finally.....as to my "trolling"......I've been a community member here since this site went live. I don't always open my mouth (or type with my fingers) on every singe topic, but just because my opinion pokes a few holes in your perspective Nam....doesn't make me a troll, just makes me a little more bully resistant.
:nana:

I had about 14 Destros at one time and none of them had a yellow chest.

This is a accurate image of the figure and card art. It's flesh, not a shirt.
45694.jpg

Why didn't Sideshow give him a yellow shirt then? :lol

Back