1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics look good! The EX Sculpt is the best of the two! For those asking about the other Sculpt, Neck Post etc., trying to get the pics uploaded!

I am glad that I grabbed Destro! If the Vest were a Jacket instead, short of supplying the original Disco Jumpsuit, that would make this guy near perfect!

so is that neck piece a sleeve and peering through gap of t-shirt it looks like chest is flesh tone am I correct?

Sadly if i get this head it will have to be repainted gloss black and then chromed, which if Sideshow would have done in the 1st place we wouldn't have to. and i aggree the standard head is terrible just terrible it looks like he had a stroke and is in permanent gesture and they built mask around the deformity

hey fuzz head can you remove his shirt so we can see what is underneath see if body is not a total waste

So with the leg extenders how does he look next to any of the other cobra figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham, not had him at home with other Figs yet. Irezumi may have a better idea.

That normal head is truly pitiful, EX head doesn't look too bad.

Word!

so is that neck piece a sleeve and peering through gap of t-shirt it looks like chest is flesh tone am I correct?

Groovy, you are correct, it is just a neck sleeve/joint and the Chest is Flesh Tone.

Last edited:
awesome so that means if shirt is removed then a classic destro could be had with this one

hey fuzz head can you remove his shirt so we can see what is underneath see if body is not a total waste

Groovy, I am still waiting on a response from SSC on how they are going to handle a replacement on my EX Head that had the scuffed nose so I do not want to pull him apart too much yet. As soon as I know what they are going to do for me I will strip him down.
:wink1:

lol that's funny right now i have a kp03 set aside but the idea of sculpting a neck around it's own without cutting the rubber down to the marrow kinda makes me nurvious. so i will wait. I was just going to buy head or sculpt I may do both ,necklace,and gauntlets and his pistol and start from scrap. your better off calling them emailing them get's slow reply

He looks fantastic...mine is on the Fed Ex Truck right now!!!!

where are complainer's at???? waiting to hear their daily whines over this figure

Here's my 2 pennies worth, How come no one seems to get that the standard head is based on the Cartoon version of Destro and the EX head is based on the Comic one? Yeah the eyebrow is raised but that's how he was in the series. As a "Commanding look" I think he looks cool although I think the majority of collectors will swap it out for the Ex head as it just looks like a more quality piece with the 3 piece design. The more I read each thread about the SSC Joe line the more I just see people just hating any kind of "Artistic licence" that has gone into it by Sideshow. I now own 18 figures in the line and each has a certain quality or gimmick to make it stand out. If these figures were truly just 1/6th scale versions of the original 3 3/4 inch figures I wouldn't have bothered with any! Literally for the last 100 pages all that I'm reading is about how crap the standard head looks, how crap his suit looks, how crap his case is, blah blah blah, If you don't like it just don't buy it! I joined this site to see how the community was responding to these figures but to be honest all this negativity just makes me want to go back to collecting in private and keeping any opinion I have to myself! Surely if Sideshow themselves were to read back though this thread it'd start them thinking that maybe the Joe line should be fazed out? Which I really hope doesn't happen! I'm not done giving them my money yet!

Pretty happy with mine. My only complaint is that there's no gripping left hand, as I'd like to have him holding both his pistol and his case. The neck looks a little long, but if you pull the t shirt up over the riveted part it looks better.

The exclusive is a must have. Based on the mask's backstory (i.e. a 16th century punishment handed down over generations), it's a very good representation.

Back