1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I request a poll.

Teemu and willfookfortoys will be the only people who actually buy this piece of ****.

Put it this way, it's the best you're going to get. They're not going to retool the whole figure at this stage. And they're not going to modify it, then re- release it. At least not for a long, long time. So if you collect the Cobra line like I do, it's this, or no Destro. And Destro's too key not to have in the line. With some futzing it can def be improved but for now, it's what you've got.

Put it this way, it's the best you're going to get. They're not going to retool the whole figure at this stage. And they're not going to modify it, then re- release it. At least not for a long, long time. So if you collect the Cobra line like I do, it's this, or no Destro. And Destro's too key not to have in the line. With some futzing it can def be improved but for now, it's what you've got.
True im getting destro for sure..

For $200 we shouldn't have to settle for "This is the best you are going to get." There isn't going to be a "Deluxe" Destro or "Destro 2.0" the line has been winding down and with no other pre-orders or product previews or diddly squat from SSC to indicate the line will continue at this point you can pretty much infer that it's over for Joe. They've moved on to DC now. That's where their priorities are.

For $200 we shouldn't have to settle for "This is the best you are going to get." There isn't going to be a "Deluxe" Destro or "Destro 2.0" the line has been winding down and with no other pre-orders or product previews or diddly squat from SSC to indicate the line will continue at this point you can pretty much infer that it's over for Joe. They've moved on to DC now. That's where their priorities are.

I got my Destro for $157 :dunno (he isn't $200 :cuckoo:)

Wait till SDCC...then complain "it's over" after/if no reveals

Still TONS of Joes and many Cobra figs left. And what I mean with this is the best you're going to get is that this fig went thru a whole development process where some people at SSC worked on a design and submitted it to some honcho who gave it the green light. They put up money to get this produced. I don't think they said "hey, let's release a questionable figure and hope ppl buy it." They thought it was good. Some ppl disagree. But they're not making another one. So this is the Destro you have. and frankly, this is the best one for many years that will be mass produced. that's just fact.

Still TONS of Joes and many Cobra figs left. And what I mean with this is the best you're going to get is that this fig went thru a whole development process where some people at SSC worked on a design and submitted it to some honcho who gave it the green light. They put up money to get this produced. I don't think they said "hey, let's release a questionable figure and hope ppl buy it." They thought it was good. Some ppl disagree. But they're not making another one. So this is the Destro you have. and frankly, this is the best one for many years that will be mass produced. that's just fact.

Yeah they gave it to some "Honcho" who doesn't know Joe or Jack about Joe or who this guy even is and knowing is half the battle. :lecture

Te sky is falling the sky is falling!

4 figures per year per line at most. This was said way back when the DC line was announced.

Let's see what sdcc brings.

I request a poll.

Teemu and willfookfortoys will be the only people who actually buy this piece of ****.

No....im getting him too, I really dont think he looks bad. Making a steel head look realistic without being ridiculous isnt easy, and I for one would feel that making his outfit "realworld" would make him look like a gigolo, (although not as much as pinpdaddy Destro.) If you like him...buy him. If you dont, dont but for hevans sake quit your sniveling, its gone way beyond "constructive criticism"

No....im getting him too, I really dont think he looks bad. Making a steel head look realistic without being ridiculous isnt easy, and I for one would feel that making his outfit "realworld" would make him look like a gigolo, (although not as much as pinpdaddy Destro.) If you like him...buy him. If you dont, dont but for hevans sake quit your sniveling, its gone way beyond "constructive criticism"

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm looking forward to receiving mine, & much prefer the modern attire to the classic skintight jumpsuit.

Mines shipped and I should have it Monday, are we going to get any decent reviews of Destro before then? (da bomb show)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back