1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is still a chance for chrome. The Viper Proto didn't have it after all, but the final product did. I can't imagine them not giving him chrome after the Viper and the new CC. I know the chroming process is complex so it might not be something they could do in house or have the time for. Or it might be that we get a better look of the actual head sculpt without it being chromed. Things get smoothed over and mirrored out in the chrome in pics.

Hell, they should cast the head in real metal and polish it up.

Even that would be preferred. They basically couldn't have dropped the ball much worse with the head on this.

(Apparently. I'll wait to see the proto at SDCC. But I'm now expecting complete disappointment)

Duke - "Let off some steam, Destro!"

tin-man-toot-toot.gif

Destro - "I'll get you next time, GIJoe!!!""

I am not a massive GI Joe fan at all. I was as a kid and my favourite villains were always Cobra Commander, Barnoness and Destro.

Soi decided to pick up the new CC and his throne and wait for Baroness. I thought I would have a long wait for Destro though so I was over the moon when I got my email yesterday...

UNTIL I SAW THE PIC!!!

I can tell you as a part time fan with no major insight into the character even I can see just how bad looking this initial pic is. It just doesn't look quality at all.

Really disappointed with the reveal and hope that by SDCC they can pull this one back otherwise I will be sticking with CC and Baroness only.

not sure about it. will have to wait to see what pimp daddy comes with. They could do a second body for the Baroness and make her into a high class hooker :pray:

I actually like it,its different,but COOL....he still has his ARAH elements and who knows if his black shirt is removable to expose the chest, along with the Robe closing up to get a similiar the Vintage look.I notice he has elements from the GI Joe Hall of Fame 12" figure we got in the early 90's

Still ordering 2 because its Destro...

No, I think you're ordering this because it says SIDESHOW GI JOE, and would have the original logo with "A Real American Hero" on its box.

If this lame excuse for Destro -- the same exact ugly design SSC decided to use -- was used for Retaliation and made into a figure by HT you'd be bashing it and would repeatedly say that it's not the character the movie claims it's supposed to be just like how you repeatedly say that this figure IS Destro and that it's cool.

This is not Destro, and SSC could have given us a way better figure after all the wait and the lame teases, PERIOD.

No, I think you're ordering this because it says SIDESHOW GI JOE, and would have the original logo with "A Real American Hero" on its box.

If this lame excuse for Destro -- the same exact ugly design SSC decided to use -- was used for Retaliation and made into a figure by HT you'd be bashing it and would repeatedly say that it's not the character the movie claims it's supposed to be just like how you repeatedly say that this figure IS Destro and that it's cool.

This is not Destro, and SSC could have given us a way better figure after all the wait and the lame teases, PERIOD.

:exactly: :lol

Just found this old freak thread from 2009.
SS you really dont listen to the fans do you
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56993

Then you guys were just setting yourselves up for disappointment. This line has always taken liberties, when did you expect that to change?

I'm not saying that I love (or even like) this figure, but that's because I haven't seen the full reveal. When I do, then I'll decide. Bottom line, I'll probably be getting him one way or the other. And for all the good your complaining does, most of you will be getting him same as me. If you hate the figure, save your money or bash your own. Some of you claim that you can bash a better figure; I'd love to see it. Fact is, I haven't seen too many customs that come remotely close Sideshow's efforts.

I'm not sticking up for Sideshow, far from it. I've had my complaints in the past about certain figures. And while it does bother me that HT basically blows Sideshow out of the water quality, attention to detail, and design-wise; for figures from a film that is Joe only in name no less; I still choose to give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt.

Back