1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lack of any info regarding product in development or the future of the line creates an impression of line abandonment and collectors stop buying. We need a teaser of something to look forward to so we know what we can expect from the future of the line to keep supporting it. For all intents and purposes, Sideshow has abandoned this line and collectors have moved on with customs and other licenses.

Lack of any info regarding product in development or the future of the line creates an impression of line abandonment and collectors stop buying. We need a teaser of something to look forward to so we know what we can expect from the future of the line to keep supporting it. For all intents and purposes, Sideshow has abandoned this line and collectors have moved on with customs and other licenses.

not really, no. by that logic, Sideshow abandoned Star wars several times over the years.
SDCC is less than 60 days from now, IF we hear nothing then, then we might have something to worry about. but even then, they're under no obligation to tell us anything.

Further, if people do move on, as soon as something new is announced, they'll come scurrying back to pick it up as well. destro is a great example. he's at a low quanity warning, yet no one seems to be keeping him, if the vocal haters are to be believed.

GRANTED, YES, bandwagoners will drop the line the next time hot toys announces a new ironbatman figure, but they're not the bread and butter of the line.

sideshow joe has had this happen every year.
Products are released, and then several months of silence, then, an onslaught of preorders. wash, rinse, and repeat.

I have to disagree. With Star Wars there has ALWAYS been something shown in product development or at least something on pre-order. Joe has neither right now. The line has apparently ended with a Disastro.

The line has apparently ended with a Disastro.

:rolleyes2 just like Turd Foot ended the Zica Bionic Man line too right?

The line hasn't ended yet....wait till Sdcc to get our answers

some of you probably say Firefly would of ended the joe line too because he doesn't carry over the vintage Card Art exactly either :rolleyes2

:rolleyes2 just like Turd Foot ended the Zica Bionic Man line too right?

The line hasn't ended yet....wait till Sdcc to get our answers

some of you probably say Firefly would of ended the joe line too because he doesn't carry over the vintage Card Art exactly either :rolleyes2

im with you teemu, destros update does make sense, i cant see the 70s leather jumpsuit, being on the battlefield

im with you teemu, destros update does make sense, i cant see the 70s leather jumpsuit, being on the battlefield

Steven_Seagal_zoomed.gif

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually think Destro looks great..... in context to the rest of the line. As much as I wish Sideshow, or any company, would make card art accurate, high quality figures from the G1 and G2 lineup, nobody is doing it. I decided at Firefly, that I was ok with their modern interpretation, and in that context, he looks great. I'm looking forward to adding him to the case.
That said, after Baroness, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman, I fully expect Scarlett to be the next release. I'd be happy if they stop making the Joe line after Scarlett, Gung Ho, Roadblock, Snowjob, and maybe Shipwreck.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually think Destro looks great..... in context to the rest of the line. As much as I wish Sideshow, or any company, would make card art accurate, high quality figures from the G1 and G2 lineup, nobody is doing it. I decided at Firefly, that I was ok with their modern interpretation, and in that context, he looks great. I'm looking forward to adding him to the case.
That said, after Baroness, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman, I fully expect Scarlett to be the next release. I'd be happy if they stop making the Joe line after Scarlett, Gung Ho, Roadblock, Snowjob, and maybe Shipwreck.

I agree . I think he looks absolutely fantastic ! I can't wait to get this in the lineup . And it's and awesome deal . 2 head sculpts and two jackets . I don't have a ****ing clue what people are pissed about . Great job sideshow !

Last edited:
Trench coat is Brandon Lee 90's and the vest is straight up L.L. Bean hipster. I don't know how anyone could possibly see unrepentant international non-religious global domination terrorist arms dealer there, but who am I to judge.

:monkey1

I agree . I think he looks absolutely fantastic ! I can't wait to get this in the lineup . And it's and awesome deal . 2 head sculpts and two jackets . I don't have a ****ing clue what people are pissed about . Great job sideshow !

He isn't an ARAH card back look-a-like no! but he looks great as an update for Sideshow's Joe line.I think people will change some of their tune when we actually get him in hand

Trench coat is Brandon Lee 90's and the vest is straight up L.L. Bean hipster. I don't know how anyone could possibly see unrepentant international non-religious global domination terrorist arms dealer there, but who am I to judge.

:monkey1

:rolleyes2 you don't give up do you?

It hasn't changed, was great before, still is unless they have tweeked it, it may be better! Can't wait!!!

Back