1/6 scale Hunger Games from Star Ace Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SA is done Thanks to this release- done. Marilyn will be just as bad I'm sure. Too bad as their McQueen was very very high quality

Star Ace needs to shut their doors. Between Seline, Katniss and Marilyn they really show their very low level of quality control.

The Katniss figure is nearly $400 on Aussie site PopCultcha, LOL, thats more expensive than some HT figures.

Their HP figures are really nice overall, IMO - more hits than misses there. But their female figures outside of Hermione have been really lackluster to poor - Katniss just falls straight into the "poor" category and I'm being generous. There's just no excuse for how she turned out vs. the price they're charging for her. That brown paint on the back of her head...I still can't get over that. I mean, WTF?

Seline was lackluster to me due to the lack of paint detail, helmet hair, and the look of warping to her head. But Katniss is straight up ridiculous.

Looks like a cheap knock off head sculpt.

Not to mention it doesn't look anything like Jennifer Lawrence.

Oh, I don't know...she looks alright to me.

36588178522_8c9ff5bfd1_k.jpg
[/url]

$40 toy based on those pics..... but to each their own if you like it...

The HS looks very little like her and it is much too young looking

I still think the Catching Fire black label Barbie doll looks more like her, to be honest. And they sure didn't cheap out on the hair the way Star Ace did. And for the price there's no excuse.

Star ace HS are way to soft for my taste.. For the amount they are charging the paint apps should be way better then they are. They lack detail and the it factor that Hot Toys figures have. They need to either lower prices or get better sculptors and painters

Received mine today. Not as bad in person but glad I didn't pay retail price for it.

Anyways, I wonder why nobody has ever made a female body without a neck. Just like on some male characters, the chest isn't exposed so it isn't necessary. I feel a lot of female figures, including this one, would've benefited from a sculpted neck.

Hey, Katniss. What would you score your figure likeness and quality out of ten?

36767476365_11e96df11d_k.jpg

Have they mentioned if they will be doing more figures or not? Would love a Catching Fire Finnick.

Here's a quick unboxing, review, and posing session with the figure.

thanks for posting your pics, Rook.

They make me feel a little better about my purchase and will give me some ideas to pose... the paint apps on the headsculpt is sorely lacking but I still wanted to add Katniss to my collection.

Great pics, Rook! And really nice review. I agree about the likeness. I think it's there. I'm really, really tempted to pick this one up.

Nice choice of outfit and the sculpted hair looks better, but isnt that a Catching Fire outfit from the start of the film?. Likeness is still only ok amd the price tag is insane considering the quality.

Back