1/6 IN-FAMOUS - Infinity War - Shadow Void (Proxima Midnight) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought this was the best gauge for heights relative to one another...

View attachment 553615
Yes, that’s the shot most people reference when discussing the Black Order, so it’s surprising to have the same company make 2 of the 4 characters and they end up so mismatched. Which is why I’m displaying them at opposite ends of my basement. :lol

Ebony Maw looks great. This thing? Not so much lolz.
Still better than hot toys. I think I may just keep the figure stock because switching the body seems to only trade one problem for another plus I would need to paint the next to match the face color.

Cv3aDJi.png

She's certainly massive to Widow. I wish they got this one right... but in the end they just cheaped out and used a regular body with ridiculous extensions. It's silly to try and justify it, as if the company did make it accurate.

HT and many others have massive fails in their relative size scales, so it happens. Just a cost issue I suppose. In any event, a body swap can make her look better but still not give you quite the size especially with the smallish head.

She is better off displayed at some distance from the Order.

She's certainly massive to Widow. I wish they got this one right... but in the end they just cheaped out and used a regular body with ridiculous extensions. It's silly to try and justify it, as if the company did make it accurate.

HT and many others have massive fails in their relative size scales, so it happens. Just a cost issue I suppose. In any event, a body swap can make her look better but still not give you quite the size especially with the smallish head.

She is better off displayed at some distance from the Order.
I agree with displaying with distance. It works

I always thought this was the best gauge for heights relative to one another...

View attachment 553615
You know, I thought that was the best gauge as well, but I was flipping channels a little while ago and Endgame was on TV (again lol). I couldn't help noticing something just prior to the final battle...

Screenshot 2022-01-02 at 20-44-07 Black Order Returns Thanos Calls His Army Avengers Endgame [...png

I'm so confused right now. :lol

Yeah, I posted that picture some time ago. The CGI is all over the place in Endgame.

I wouldn't use that one shot as gospel unless you really need justification for your doll. :lol

Yeah, I posted that picture some time ago. The CGI is all over the place in Endgame.

I wouldn't use that one shot as gospel unless you really need justification for your doll. :lol
I must have missed that post of yours - was that in the Ebony Maw thread? And I'm not using that shot to justify the figure, but now I'm wondering if In-Famous referenced it. :lol

And I'm not using that shot to justify the figure, but now I'm wondering if In-Famous referenced it. :lol

If they did, then their Ebony Maw should have been much bigger and broader.

Honestly though, they just used a regular female body with extensions so they likely never bothered to crosscheck her height.

If they did, then their Ebony Maw should have been much bigger and broader.

Honestly though, they just used a regular female body with extensions so they likely never bothered to crosscheck her height.

From the outside you would think that’s the case, but her overly long calves use the shortest extensions possible. They purposely gave her non-standard length calves rather than just using long extensions, so they didn’t go the ultra-cheap route. Actually the more I look at them, I’m thinking they may have reused the calves from the Ebony Maw figure, because they look longer than those on all the other figures I have save for him. OK so not the ultra-cheap route, but definitely a cost effective one. :lol

Really strange choice whatever they did.

I suppose if someone here finds an affordable body that solves these problems I would be more inclined to pick her up.

BTW, is the bodysuit a simple zippered back, or more complicated?

Really strange choice whatever they did.

I suppose if someone here finds an affordable body that solves these problems I would be more inclined to pick her up.

BTW, is the bodysuit a simple zippered back, or more complicated?
The suit is sewn in the back. Seems to be the thing to do now as I can't remember the last time I could just unzipa suit.

Yes, but IMO doing the body swap trades one issue (short torso) for another (pin head effect). The TBLeague body has broader shoulders as well as a long, slender neck which makes the sculpt look undersized (it's borderline as it is on the In-Famous body). I think putting her in a more dynamic pose helps to somewhat camouflage her odd proportions. Here she is posed side-by-side with IW Black Widow (obviously I need to find BW's batons as they shouldn't both have Proxima's spear lol).

View attachment 553568

I also found a wide angle view of them battling in the movie, which if you zoom in on shows her proportions to be not all that different to what In-Famous delivered.

View attachment 553569

She towers over them....this figure is massively undersized

Best route for this figure would probably be a statue, if anyone ever releases one in the appropriate scale. In-Famous wasn't interested in creating a custom body for her, but a custom body is what she requires. That's leaving aside the fact that the headsculpt is a complete and utter miss in every respect and the only reason it bears any resemblance to the character whatsoever is the face paint and the horns. Honestly, every picture I've seen of it in this thread has looked awful.

Back