1/6 Hot Toys -TMS056 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett and Throne (REPAINT ARMOR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These 2 year out release dates kills all the excitement
Hence why I wait on till figures are actually revealed. No worry about sell outs in regular POs, exclusives clearly different. Might lose interest, Book of Boba Fett might show a flashback to Bib Fortuna banging a frog lady on the throne, newer figure announcements might take priority, quality might not be up to your snuff in production photos and in hand, etc.

I love seeing this at an angle. Really sells it for me.

Capture.JPG

2.5 years out...

December 2023

So with shipping time to you, maybe late Jan 2024 :lol

December 2023??? Are we already assuming this is going to arrive a year late? :slap Barring the emergence of a new, vaccine resistant COVID variant I expect HT to start getting pretty aggressive on their delivery times. I'm sure Howard wants to recoup lost earnings ASAP, and this Boba is just more of the same (of his last figure) with a different paint job & the throne. I wouldn't be shocked if it arrives early.

December 2023??? Are we already assuming this is going to arrive a year late? :slap Barring the emergence of a new, vaccine resistant COVID variant I expect HT to start getting pretty aggressive on their delivery times. I'm sure Howard wants to recoup lost earnings ASAP, and this Boba is just more of the same (of his last figure) with a different paint job & the throne. I wouldn't be shocked if it arrives early.

My mistake, was thinking of Mark I recast.

That said, 2022 Q2-Q4 has a ton of stuff due. I just see several figures get the Gamora Delay. But probably not Boba Fett since by then they'll have another two ready for PO.

That said, 2022 Q2-Q4 has a ton of stuff due. I just see several figures get the Gamora Delay. But probably not Boba Fett since by then they'll have another two ready for PO.
I wasn't directing that at you per se as the 2 to 2-1/2 year delivery was brought up several posts back - yours just happened to be last in the chain. :lol You're not wrong about things starting to pile up in Q2-Q4 2022 though, and that doesn't count all the stuff forecast between now and Q1 2022 that could still slip.

I don't care for the throne. But man I want the unmasked head.

Also agree with what others have said.... that armor is way too textured. I hope they go back and fix this, otherwise I'll likely skip.
I wouldn't worry too much about the texture on the final production version. It was most likely just HT rushing to get this Fett up for sale imo.

This remarkable run on Boba Fett and Mandalorians in general is both the greatest and worst thing to ever happen to me...

I wouldn't worry too much about the texture on the final production version. It was most likely just HT rushing to get this Fett up for sale imo.
Agreed. HT really put out a lot of stuff this year. Props to them and I hope they go to production on all the revealed figures. No more teases then never see again figures.

But Fett has spent a significant portion of his life working for Jabba. Why would BoBF therefore not actually show Jabba? The show is delving into Fett's past, after all.

HT is going in very deep with Fett, I could absolutely see a HT Jabba happening. My hat is off to everyone with the money and space to add him to their collections.
Dad-bod Boba didn't though. You think they might do flashback episodes involving Jabba? Would be awesome, but Mando doesn't really suggest it could happen (though yeah, this is BF.)

All I'm saying is that the expereince so far with Mando has been taking OT icons and giving them a spin that qualifies them as a OT, but also not. So we got A Yoda, but not THE Yoda - same with Jawas, Scout troopers, Speeder bikes, Gamorreans etc. It seems like they bring these characters back, but do a Mando spin on them so any HT fig you do get is close to OT, but also not.

Maybe BOBF will be different, but my guess is this show will be more about current era intersections with Mando and less about ep after ep throwbacks to OT era.

Back