1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap I love this. Fixes everything I didn't like about the figure and I guess I'll finally break down and pick it up.

What did you pad it with? I'm thinking paper or gauze would slide in well enough.
How did you get the padding in the shoulders and upper arms and get it to stay?
Can the shoulders still move with .. however you widened them?

Yea all the padding I did was very subtle cuz HTs got it pretty close, just needed some slight adjustments. I used some cloth to widen the shoulders, an index card wrapped around each calf, then I sculpted trap muscles out of sugru, a rubbery material, to tightly sit up against his neck to create the slope. The shoulder padding is the one I’m most worried about moving but the suit is pretty tight to keep it in place.

One of the better mods I've seen so far. Looks much better proportioned than stock.

Thanks man!

Is it easy to yank off the neck joint? Or do you have to apply a lot of pressure to pull it out?

I tried but didn't wanna it force it to pop out. Anyone know?

To pull the head off the body? Or to pull the neck joint/plug out of the neck? Because that was actually pretty hard. The glue was extremely strong on mine so it took a lot of dipping in boiling water and yanking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To pull the head off the body? Or to pull the neck joint/plug out of the neck? Because that was actually pretty hard. The glue was extremely strong on mine so it took a lot of dipping in boiling water and yanking.

Yeah I'm talking about the neck joint. I tried it a few times but it was really in there so I didn't wanna force it. Now that you're telling me it's glued on I def won't try it again haha.

Yea all the padding I did was very subtle cuz HTs got it pretty close, just needed some slight adjustments. I used some cloth to widen the shoulders, an index card wrapped around each calf, then I sculpted trap muscles out of sugru, a rubbery material, to tightly sit up against his neck to create the slope. The shoulder padding is the one I’m most worried about moving but the suit is pretty tight to keep it in place.

had to lok up sugru - that looks like amazing stuff. So the trap muscles - you sculpted a ramp or cone shape out of sugru, and slid them in through the neck hole? After cloth for shoulders, or did you work that up the sleeves?
The chest and upper arms are not changed?

So far, no one has been able to remove the suit without permanently stretching out it's waist? Where is the seam for the shirt, on the sides? Did they glue the suit together right on the figure? Weird.
If they had just used the proportions of the prototype, or made the suit removable, everything would be great.*

(*after a spray coat of matte for the helmet. what did you use, Yodasodabo? )

Having a tough time pulling the trigger on this guy. Love Daredevil and the show, but the outfit just isn't that appealing to me. I like the headsculpt and the accessories, but I just keep wondering if they are going to be coming out with a new suit in Season 3. I have no idea if HT will make another, but I'd really like to see a new one with a lot more red to it and the DD on the chest.

Having a tough time pulling the trigger on this guy. Love Daredevil and the show, but the outfit just isn't that appealing to me. I like the headsculpt and the accessories, but I just keep wondering if they are going to be coming out with a new suit in Season 3. I have no idea if HT will make another, but I'd really like to see a new one with a lot more red to it and the DD on the chest.

This is Hot Toys we're talking about. The same company that put out the entire House Party protocol, which had a combined screen time of probably 5 minutes.

If DD season 3 has a new suit you bet HT will put out a new figure.

had to lok up sugru - that looks like amazing stuff. So the trap muscles - you sculpted a ramp or cone shape out of sugru, and slid them in through the neck hole? After cloth for shoulders, or did you work that up the sleeves?
The chest and upper arms are not changed?

So far, no one has been able to remove the suit without permanently stretching out it's waist? Where is the seam for the shirt, on the sides? Did they glue the suit together right on the figure? Weird.
If they had just used the proportions of the prototype, or made the suit removable, everything would be great.*

(*after a spray coat of matte for the helmet. what did you use, Yodasodabo? )

Well for the traps, I sculpted what the muscles in that area would look. I guess you could say a ramp but placed in vertically, not horizontally, otherwise you’d have to extend the neck even further. And yes, everything was done from the neck hole, just the shoulders and traps, no other padding.

Yea I feel like they sewed the shirt on. I tried pulling it up over the top like a t shirt, but I could see the pleather stretching so I stopped.

I used testors dullcote Clear matte spray for the helmet. Very light coats from afar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Hot Toys we're talking about. The same company that put out the entire House Party protocol, which had a combined screen time of probably 5 minutes.

If DD season 3 has a new suit you bet HT will put out a new figure.
I don't know about that. I think because of how popular iron man is overseas and in general, HT was able to justify making all those iron man figures. Given that Daredevil hasn't sold out yet, I would say there's a lower chance for HT to release a 3rd season suit (if there are any major changes). HT hasn't released a 1st season suit yet, which would be really easy for them to do considering the simple design of that costume.

This is one of my favorite's this year along with the good Doctor Strange so much presence on the shelf from them both. I'm waffling if want sideshow's version cant wait to add kingpin to the collection.

Well for the traps, I sculpted what the muscles in that area would look. I guess you could say a ramp but placed in vertically, not horizontally, otherwise you’d have to extend the neck even further.

Now I'm confused. I know what the trapezius looks like, just not sure what ... hrm.

Do you have a drawing app or some way to make a quick picture, without too much trouble??

^^ or you could google it to find a picture. Or if you are talking about a pic of what he did,
he should just be able to show you without the assistance of an app.

Got my DD some time ago but since I have been away from the forums for a while, I didn't have the chance to post a pic yet. :) I really like this figure and tbh I don't think he needs the mod. I don't see much of a difference so mine is gonna stay as is.

Hopefully we'll get an unmasked head one day! :D

DSC_7173-2.jpg

Got my DD some time ago but since I have been away from the forums for a while, I didn't have the chance to post a pic yet. :) I really like this figure and tbh I don't think he needs the mod. I don't see much of a difference so mine is gonna stay as is.

Hopefully we'll get an unmasked head one day! :D

View attachment 380205

Fantastic photo! Nice use of the base too.

Anyone wants mine shoot me a message, I took him out of the box to photograph the contents resulting in slightly creased box flaps but the actual figure itself is untouched and was never removed from his plastic prison.ill give you a flat cost with free shipping in the US

BE0C34B9-DF35-485C-9825-C94B083897C8.jpeg

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but here’s what I’m hoping the season3 suit upgrade is (if there is a suit upgrade...)

That's an awesome suit, but I highly doubt this sleek, tailored suit could be made with their TV budget.

It's not practical for the show anyways, Murdock is doing all of this on his own, so his current suit looks exactly what it should look like if it was just put together by someone with few resources. A suit like the one above would have to be made for him by somebody with money and experience

It's not practical for the show anyways, Murdock is doing all of this on his own, so his current suit looks exactly what it should look like if it was just put together by someone with few resources. A suit like the one above would have to be made for him by somebody with money and experience

Ummm... You probably don't remember the show that well. :lol
Actual DD suits and sticks were made by Melvin - a blacksmith and armorer.

"I haven't had enough time to get all of it through the process
black parts will give the most protection red might deflect
a knife depending on the angle, might not."

Ummm... You probably don't remember the show that well. :lol
Actual DD suits and sticks were made by Melvin - a blacksmith and armorer.

"I haven't had enough time to get all of it through the process
black parts will give the most protection red might deflect
a knife depending on the angle, might not."

I know that but all those things where made with practical materials with the exception being his mask. Everything from his jacket, pants, down to his boots are everyday materials. The proposed suit above is not something practical, it looks like its one piece and made with high quality materials. I've never had a problem with his S2 suit, its realistic for the character. Something he can take on and off and be stored easily.

Back