1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Strange figure, but if I missed out, I wouldn't really fret since HT is gonna pump out other versions of him anyways.

Let scalpers do there thing, once a version 2 comes out, V1 will go down in value (esp for ppl looking to upgrade), or you can get V2 at retail price. Win win.

Remember the ridiculous prices on V1 Hawkeye when it sold out? As long as the character is not killed off, they will make more.

I dunno - this DS came fully loaded. I kind of like having an intro fig this good. It would have to be pretty special for me to get another DS.

Sure, I'm willing to bet the profit you make, that if you were on the other side selling a profitable item, that you would sell at the higher price. :lol

Touche... :rotfl but it still wouldn't justify an overly inflated price...although in the end it is worth what a potential buyer is willing to pay.

I dunno - this DS came fully loaded. I kind of like having an intro fig this good. It would have to be pretty special for me to get another DS.

I agree. I don't see HT doing an IW release for DS. He'll go the same way as Vision did in CW.

Based on what we've seen from the trailer, there doesn't appear to be any/enough changes to Strange's outfit/look to justify another release of his figure exclusive to the IW line.

I agree. I don't see HT doing an IW release for DS. He'll go the same way as Vision did in CW.

Based on what we've seen from the trailer, there doesn't appear to be any/enough changes to Strange's outfit/look to justify another release of his figure exclusive to the IW line.

Maybe not for IW no, but potentially for Avengers 4 and almost certainly for Doctor Strange 2 (whenever that is).

Also, while we may consider costume changes small, some fans will notice every detail. I mean, look at the forums regarding Vader's costume and its changes. Some are more major than others, but there is a Vader release for every movie (or at least there will be soon).

I've been a Strange fan since I was a kid and Ditko's art introduced me to the character through his Spider-man work. There was no way I wasn't getting this day one and I've never regretted or gave this a second thought. Other Strange figures may come and go but there will only be this one for me. Sheer perfection in almost every way! I love reading other people's love for the figure and character!

I just got my Doctor Strange and Chirrut Imwe (regular) figures from my LCS. I was a bit surprised that Doctor Strange's box (with contents inside) was much heavier than Chirrut's box with contents. The backdrop seems to be made of a thicker cardboard and the mandalas of light look more attractive to me in person.

I'd missed out on the first release too but finally put my hand on one two weeks ago. For quite a decent price. Well, "decent"... Everything is relative, obviously. :rolleyes2

It's so expensive to buy HT figures when you are in Europe...

You either buy them from the States or from China and then have to add about $50 for shipping and from $70 to $90 import taxes (which is insane :cuckoo: ), or you buy them from a European seller: no tax, but the prices are much higher (and I'm not even talking about second market here!) so it pretty comes down to the same thing in the end...

Anyway, got mine from a Polish eBay seller for about $320. It is in perfect condition and I absolutely love him. I'd only seen pics of him and already thought he looked amazing, but he's really beyond my expectations. Coold accessories and nice headsculpt (the likeness to Cumberbatch is incredible) but I especially love the outfit and all its details.

I considered waiting for an IW version, but i'm not sure there'll be one, and if there is, I doubt it will come with all those nice accessories, so... I regret nothing :lol

Which component has been used to make DS's cloak flow in the air? It's obviously not a wire.

Got really lucky and found this guy for retail last week. He just arrived today. My personal favorite HT so far. I think they really knocked it out of the park with this guy. Tons of accessories and he has a really great shelf presence.

IMG_6285.JPG

I traded mine, and I have no regrets!

...okay, one regret: I wish I coulda kept that book accessory.

Probably one of hot toys best figures in a long time. Hope you traded for something good.

Doctor Strange isn't my favorite character or anything, but glad I have him. Looks great with the other Avengers and is just all around well made.

I agree, he's a masterpiece. He just didn't lend himself to my hobby for some weird reason. I got an HT of lesser value (Nick Fury) plus a hundred bucks. I want to photograph Fury, so I'm content with the deal.

I made a rule not to get into Marvel HT simply because of space constraints.....

This was the one figure I really was sad to pass up.....but once the flood gates were open .....DareDevil would be next.....then the winter soldier .....Cap.....

And eventually Iron Man....and we all know where that leads..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know exactly where it leads. Started with Star Wars then decided to pick up this guy. Ordered three more Marvel figs and have three more pre-ordered. It’s a slippery slope.

I was strong enough to let this figure go in favor of more money for my SW collection, but i perfectly understand everyone who felt into the pit with this figure. He is amazing. It must be hands down one of the best figures in anyone's collection. Sculpt is amazing, tailoring is perfect, accessories, posing. Top tier figure.

Back