1/6 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire (Legends)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe there is hope - was able to add it to the cart and got an e-mail confirming order...let's see if it sticks or I get some cryptic "we regret to share we oversold" e-mail in a day or two.

This is the type of **** that supports higher pricing across the board.

Once they get a good chunck of their customer base willing to not bat an eye at throwing $400+ at their products, oh lord.

Whadda'ya think it cost them to produce Mr Meany Luke with his carpet?

Let’s see how any of these Artisans turn out before wanting hair with sweat effects :lol

Maybe they can include a handstand hair piece and magnetic hands to attach him to a base with Yoda on one of this legs. Let’s get nuts!

Oh sure, Artisan is nice...but are you guys ready for Artisan LEVEL 2?! :oops:

Latest photos makes this look a little better, so I went ahead and ordered the Artisan. I don't particularly care for the helmet hairstyle but mushing up the Artisan a bit might actually improve it.
HT seriously needs to redo ANH Luke. What everyone seems to miss is Hamill’s wide-eyed innocence and optimism. I think the eyes need to be wider and more crystal blue, his chin should be fixed, and his hair should be lighter and/or have blond highlights. I don’t know if his hair was dyed in the first movie or it was just the lighting, but I always picture ANH Luke as having sandy blond hair.
While not perfect, I think these tweaks to the eyes, chin and hair starts to get closer., but there are other things off in the portrait.
ANH_Luke_Skywalker.png

This is the type of **** that supports higher pricing across the board.

Once they get a good chunck of their customer base willing to not bat an eye at throwing $400+ at their products, oh lord.

Whadda'ya think it cost them to produce Mr Meany Luke with his carpet?
Time. It costs time.
It's the same reason why InArt rooted figures are so expensive. I personally don't like the look, and don't think the added cost is worth it to me, and so I always get the sculpted versions instead.

But it costs a lot in payroll to have all that hair rooted into place. It took InArt well over six months to ship out all their Gandalf figures.

I never had an artisan edition before, so I went in anyway. I figured if I get it, good. If not, fine.

I started at around 1500th queue (if that is accurate) and got an order placed.

I've always liked that sculpt. It doesn't look like Mark Hamill much at all, but it still felt like ANH Luke to me.
It looks better with different hairpieces. The hairpiece to be was more than 50% of the problem. Like half a watermelon resting on his head, and way too dark in color.

But messy Bespin hair seems easy -- even f'd up it would look good.
Dunno - the Artisan to me seems best suited to characters with longer/bigger head of hair, or longer/greasier hair, like Anakin and Joker.

Luke obviously had a healthy head of 70s hair but I do worry how an ESB Luke would look with the Artisan bouffant look.

Or worse with the more evenly/smoothly combed hair in ROTJ - Artisan seems to work best for messier styled hair. Even with it slightly longer in ANH its still pretty smooth/even which I'm not sure Artisan would look great for.

I'm also still confused about how much the Artisan hair can be tweaked in-hand, and if too much tweaking ends up releasing the doll-hair Kraken that won't be able to be undone. Once you mess with it the risk might be the visual volume would permanently increase - you can already see the Dark Empire hair is right on the outside edge of too much volume.

Last edited:
Think the artisan looks dreadful,vehicle the sculpted looks ok. Something really throwing off the headsculpt though...

I'm happy to see some 'outside the box' figures like this are getting green lit though even if it is a miss.

Back