1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4590BAAE-EA20-4698-A162-A18BDD97AA6C.jpeg
300ED68D-F38F-4E62-A7BA-43C30DE22AAA.jpeg

I ordered him so fast when I got the special ss email. I loved the show and especially this fight. HT will make tweaks as they do and the in person images look incredible. Can't wait for Vader, Reva, and Grand Inquisitor. I think I'll also get a chance to pick up some stormtroopers too from this show. I've missed them.

I was thinking about this yesterday.

They’ve done a good job of skirting around it but as far as I can figure the USB-C port would have to be on the LED hilt Itself.

The figure doesn’t come with a swappable arm; just hands for holding the lightsaber. There’s a second regular hilt included with the figure. We don’t know which we’re seeing in the promo pics.

That leads to some questions. Is the USB-C port going to detract from the LED hilt? Will it make the final production version a little oversized? Will there be a cover for it when not in use?

It’s still better than the terrible battery arm, but there‘s a lot of unknowns since it’s uncharted territory. It will likely be a bit more awkward to get some poses and hands to work with the LED lightsaber than their photos imply, along with a bit awkward cable management.

Video here shows a thin cable going from the base under the robe, presumably to the LED lightsaber. (@21min mark).

At least this would give some flexibility for posing and still hide the LED cable behind.

View attachment 588466

I'll just quote myself here re: the USB LED. See cable in picture.

As his top has long arms the cable will simply go under the clothing to the wrist and plug into the hilt. Then it's easy for them to assemble the wire, no risk of the cable being cut or damaged if they went within the articulated figure/body.

That's just my thinking based on that image.

I was thinking about this yesterday.

They’ve done a good job of skirting around it but as far as I can figure the USB-C port would have to be on the LED hilt Itself.

The figure doesn’t come with a swappable arm; just hands for holding the lightsaber. There’s a second regular hilt included with the figure. We don’t know which we’re seeing in the promo pics.

That leads to some questions. Is the USB-C port going to detract from the LED hilt? Will it make the final production version a little oversized? Will there be a cover for it when not in use?

It’s still better than the terrible battery arm, but there‘s a lot of unknowns since it’s uncharted territory. It will likely be a bit more awkward to get some poses and hands to work with the LED lightsaber than their photos imply, along with a bit awkward cable management.
Yeah I'm very curious how it's actually going to work and look in practice.

In an ideal world, the body of the figure would contain a small rechargeable lithium ion battery and hidden usb charge port; charge the battery with a cable and then operate it wirelessly from there for a duration of time. And the body would transfer power to the light saber through a magnetic attachment in the hand. When the power is switched on and the light saber attaches to the magnet, it'd illuminate.

That however, probably isn't what Hot Toys is doing here. We're probably talking about a wire hanging directly out of the end of the lightsaber.

Deluxe edition is not worth it in this case imo. 300HKD ($40) more for a box with 2 lightsabers is pretty steep.

I went for the Standard.

I'll just quote myself here re: the USB LED. See cable in picture.

As his top has long arms the cable will simply go under the clothing to the wrist and plug into the hilt. Then it's easy for them to assemble the wire, no risk of the cable being cut or damaged if they went within the articulated figure/body.

That's just my thinking based on that image.

It would be better if they actually pull off something unobtrusive like that, but I’m sure at this point. They’ve intentionally not really been too open about how it works so it might be something they’re still finalizing.

They might just go with the easiest and cheapest option since they’re not even including a USB-C cable. We‘ll see what happens. Excpect the worst, hope for the best.

Yeah I'm very curious how it's actually going to work and look in practice.

In an ideal world, the body of the figure would contain a small rechargeable lithium ion battery and hidden usb charge port; charge the battery with a cable and then operate it wirelessly from there for a duration of time. And the body would transfer power to the light saber through a magnetic attachment in the hand. When the power is switched on and the light saber attaches to the magnet, it'd illuminate.

That however, probably isn't what Hot Toys is doing here. We're probably talking about a wire hanging directly out of the end of the lightsaber.

Yeah, exactly. There’s a couple ways to do it in an ideal way which are unlikely, though hopefully they’ve put some thought into it.

Batteries were likely off the table from the start in this case. But it would be nice if the final lightsaber design is not an eyesore.

I think one of the issues with how the shape of his face looks is that the sculpt of the beard has the quality of a very tight to the face, short beard, so it doesn't look like a big bushy beard, it looks like that's the shape of his jaw with just a little beard over it.

OWK1.jpg

OWK2.jpg

I think the other issue is that the shapes of his eyes looking squinting some, but the rest of his face, like his cheek bones, have more of a neutral look, if he's squinting it would look more like this.

33.jpeg

Last edited:
I think one of the issues with how the shape of his face looks is that the sculpt of the beard has the quality of a very tight to the face, short beard, so it doesn't look like a big bushy beard, it looks like that's the shape of his jaw with just a little beard over it.

View attachment 588524

View attachment 588525
This is exactly the issue. The sculptor mistook a fuller, longer beard for a fuller, longer face. The reason it looks sort of ok in wider shots is because our eyes can't see the beard hair length. In the close-ups, like you say it's tight stubble over a long wide jaw instead of a long beard.

Back