1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shape isn’t bad it’s the lack of detail especially where the paint is concerned that is the problem.

Also the hair has a really soft sculpt really bad.

Then the hands yikes lol
My problem with it is pretty same
-Hair
-Paint Details
-pegs is loose

The only 2 things which are superior to the HT is the white flap and no fat suit.

HT made Luke look like a chubby dude lol

He was super thin.
I know that why I removed when I had HT version but got rid of it because of the open mouth HT sculpt (it really bother me when character have open mouth expression)

Mine just left Hong Kong. Must be the fastest TWL ever sent me a figure!

Never usually pay first batch prices, just an impulse thing after still being on a high from the S2 finale.

Intrigued to see if the USB lightsaber is any good or as underwhelming as the battery powered ones.

Wow now the reg deluxe ed says low stock on SS …I think people are liking how the trooper accessory is looking in hand

The exclusive deluxe looks like it’s still good for preordering. But it seems like people are jumping aboard now

Gotta say I'm not seeing this huge upgrade in likeness that others are. Looks exactly like the proto to me, but just with the usual softening of the sculpt and paint we usually get.

The Blogger photos aren't doing it any favors this time. Let's see how the usual suspects show it in their video reviews. So far, not blown away here.

I didn't want to be a negative Nancy with all the positivity in this thread so far, but I have to agree, I'm not feeling the sculpt so far. I'm looking forward to more reviews and pictures in hand, hopefully that will change my mind.

I have the regular on pre-order, and mainly ordered him for the sculpt and gloved hands. But if the sculpt doesn't blow me away in reviews, this might just be the first pre-order ever that I cancel.

Don't get me wrong, he looks quite good overall, but I'm already very happy with my customized ROTJ, and I'm trying to be very selective nowadays.

I'm good with my Deluxe ROTJ Luke. This is dope, but I still feel the ROTJ version takes the cake.

Woo-boy. Just flipped through the HT blogger photos again and was struck by two things. First, most of the posing in the shots are making Luke look like he's hitting the catwalk...lots of "strike a pose". Not helping the figure's look there. Despite being movable, the eyes in a lot of the shots are looking pretty dead too.

The other thing is...said it already, but the little plasticy hard-molded Grogu has GOT to go. Just looks like a little toy at this point, especially when figures like Luke, Mando or Ashoka are holding it. Some of those shots make it look like Luke is making off with Moff Gideon's lawn gnome. (at least we know if Mando gets cancelled that Grogu can find work at Travelocity hawking vacation travel)

Looking forward to Regan's video....

Back