1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I was afraid of ... they would actually try and match the CGI Luke head, instead of making it look like ROTJ Luke. It ends looking less like who it's supposed to look like in the first place.
The thing is if they had done the sculpt more accurate to ROTJ would people have complained that it wasn’t accurate?

I mean even though he looks off in the show that appearance is post ROTJ by a couple years so he probably wouldn’t look exactly the same.

The thing is if they had done the sculpt more accurate to ROTJ would people have complained that it wasn’t accurate?

I mean even though he looks off in the show that appearance is post ROTJ by a couple years so he probably wouldn’t look exactly the same.

People complaining that it wasn't accurate to the bad CGI version would be pretty on-brand.

This is what I was afraid of ... they would actually try and match the CGI Luke head, instead of making it look like ROTJ Luke. It ends looking less like who it's supposed to look like in the first place.
Well, look at it this way: Luke is also 5 years older than he was at the end of ROTJ - plenty of time for his appearance to change a bit. Hamill was 37 in 1988. Here he is in Night Of The Eagles from that time frame:

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 11-31-27 Night of the Eagles (1989).png

Well, look at it this way: Luke is also 5 years older than he was at the end of ROTJ - plenty of time for his appearance to change a bit. Hamill was 37 in 1988. Here he is in Night Of The Eagles from that time frame:

Yeah, but the sculpt still doesn't look like an older Luke.

It seems pretty on par for Hot Toys to me. They have a tendency with all of their head sculpts, unless they are old or ugly, to over-idealize and put them in the “uncanny valley” realm.

Yeah, but the sculpt still doesn't look like an older Luke.
Blame LucasFilm for that horrendous CGI Luke. Hot Toys has done their best to match with the provided source material. What do you want? Replicate their own version of Luke or replace it with ROTJ head instead ?

Nice release but this shouldn't be DX. I don't really care about the eyes and the mandalorian brand gives HT cause to jack the price up enough.

Much to my collectors shame I don't have a single Luke in my collection so this is a worthwhile release for me.
The headsculpt does look like like his appearance in The Mandalorian so can't grumble about that.
Price will dictate which version I get.
I'm in the same camp. But I'll wait for Bespin Luke.

Does the hood need to touch the sides of the face and neck, or only the hair?View attachment 533253

Looks like only the hair to me.

You know what I would do? Seriously. Cut a little triangular corner off of a sandwich baggie and put it on his head like a cap, then put on hood on top of that. That would keep the fabric off his hair and face to avoid staining, and be invisible. There's a million little ways you could keep this fabric off him. Which would be worth doing, because hood-up is definitely badass.

Yay! He’ll be my fourth “Jedi” Luke. Have 3 ROTJ already. And my… 8th or maybe more Grogu by the time it drops. Ugh I have no will power. Hope they do R2 because I totally $&@! The bed on that one and waited too long and never got it

Hoping this Luke is the fullstop on the Mando figures. Let’s have a couple of OT and PT figures before BoBF drops and we get saturated with characters from that series.
Definitely plan to display this with his hood on in one of his action poses, probably the blade behind the head, force pushing. 2023 is going to be a long wait.
How about NO.

Although some OT and PT people would be okay.

Say what you will about the CGI, I'm more inclined to have a head sculpt that represents Luke from the show rather than Hot Toys doing their own interpretation/kit bash.

Every time I look at it on my shelf, I'll always revisit that scene. I can't ask for anything better.

I’d be interested to see this head sculpt with some of the previous HT Luke hair pieces if they are compatible: the ROTJ, Bespin DX07, or even the ANH hair piece. It might be worth picking up the head sculpt if it looks better since I’m not interested in the entirety of the figure.

Back