1/6 Echo Base Power Droid (Eg4 Gonk)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OT Freak

Super Freak
Reaction score
First and foremost I want to thank Mark for doing the research and Cad drawings for these little guys. The hardest part to me was figuring out the #'s and Snow providing me with a few general measurements so I could get started.

I didn't want to derail Marks AWESOME thread so I started my own. Getting some pointers and #'s from Mark I decided to jump in and try to scratch build one of these babies. So far it has been fun and building something like this on your own is very rewarding. So here's what I have completed so far in 3 days in my spare time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Echo Base Power Droid

Thanks so much guys.

Question for you. Does anyone have reference pics of the Power Droid in the Echo Hoth Base? I really don't want to go off of hasbro's version too much, but I went through all my books and I found nothing.

Re: 1/6 Echo Base Power Droid (Gonk)

I'm also planning on making one of mine the "Echo" version.
This is the only reference image I found, not the best for detail.

I did find out that Wookieepedia calls this version of Gonk…Eg4.

I found this too.

Eg4.jpg

Its better for the color than the other one since its not lit up from behind.

I found this too.

Eg4.jpg

Its better for the color than the other one since its not lit up from behind.
Awesome guys! It looks like hasbro did a pretty good job. My donut looks to be a tad too small. I think I will stick to it for now.

Your donut looks great, is that a found object or did you sculpt it?

Thank you thank you. The donut was one of the things I didn't really think about too much until I got to it. I racked my brain for a while and thought of 2 things. An old RC air plane tire I had at my parents or using Sculpey. No matter what I would have to use Sculpey so I went with 100% Sculpey. I have never used it before, so I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was hard to get it into a donut shape. Getting the finger prints off was impossible and I didn't have rubber gloves. I will next time. I added the little ribs and threw it in a little convection oven I have for 1 hour @ 300 degrees and it looks to be hard, but a bit rubbery. I guess that's what it does?

So anyway here's the prototype Mickey Ears made out of .060" Styrene. Now to go to a hardware store and find some washers or something to add detail. Another problem is what color to paint this little guy and where to find it. I think I'm OK with building and tec stuff, but when it come down to painting and weathering I fall short. Nothing like a nicely built model with a lack luster paint job.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
Back