1/6 did apollo 11 astronaut fiftieth anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have to disagree these look really nice to me. The portraits are nicely sculpted, I think some of the likeness issue is from the paint. I think given the price point however, I do not think I would want to go in on all three of them.

Are these figures officially licensed? I feel like some expense could be going into that, but I am not sure if that is the case here.

I did say they looked nice, just not enough to justify the high price-point. I think that the sculpts are good enough to hide under the snoopy caps and helmets, providing enough resemblance to the crew. Paint apps actually appear fine to me, which leads me to think that the issue may be with the sculpts.

I've already got a Dragon/DML Armstrong, Aldrin and a Hobby Master Apollo 17 Cernan on display. I also have a pair of extra Aldrins and an update set to convert one to Alan Shepard. If the price for DID's figures had been significantly less, say at around $200.00 each, I would have definitely picked up the three to display just like the last pics posted above. No way I'm paying approximately $900.00 for the set. I'll wait out the initial sales and hopefully these will hit the discount bin. If not, I'm ok with the ones that I have.

I'm imagining a triangle of figures...fully suited Armsrong planting the flag, spaceman Stan Lee waving to him, and the SW Spacetroopers with one guy pointing at him.

:rotfl You left out having an "Aliens" face-hugger on one of the astronaut's helmet!

I'm imagining a triangle of figures...fully suited Armsrong planting the flag, spaceman Stan Lee waving to him, and the SW Spacetroopers with one guy pointing at him.

:lol

That would be very cool actually.

DiD has always set a very reasonable price point, so 300 bucks was definitely a surprise.

Definitely cashing in on the 50th anniversary.

DiD has always set a very reasonable price point, so 300 bucks was definitely a surprise.

I agree. They've done some fantastic figures for good prices. I've got several of their military figures and they are fantastic.

As Wor-Gar mentioned, they are most likely just trying to cash in on the 50th anniversary. I do hope that they continue the "Space" line but at a better price-point.

Collins should really be priced lower that the other 2, as he would not come with the EV gear. I think DiD are cashing in on the fact that non 1/6 collectors, who have an interest in space / NASA stuff will likely want them. I don't think these will be hard to shift, even at these prices.

Some more details on the internal structure for Portable Life Support System and Oxygen Purge System:
https://www.facebook.com/DidCorporation/videos/479201922866569/

Seeing this I wonder if they're planning a more basic figure following this detailed release.

It's cool to see the interior of the backpack but I'm never going to display it.
They've consistently replied to people complaining about the price being too high to wait for an announcement.

Do get the sense from the replies to the price complaints on there fb page some kind of announcement on a base figure is in the works , just bought armstrong but would really like all three, do like the details but not for display purposes, if cheaper option is down the line, would be onboard.

Would definitely be interested in a cheaper option but the figures are pretty much bare-boned as is. Perhaps the base would be simpler, along with the simpler PLSS. They are definitely over-priced currently. I would expect a large number of those that pre-ordered a figure(s) would cancel and order the "slim" version if the price was $100+ less.

C0CAD48D-2094-42A9-B799-A091F2B7BA72.jpeg

:clap

This is hands down the most accurate 1/6 scale Apollo era suit I've seen mass produced:

70816945_2487931604577576_2499783683393716224_o.jpg

70633660_2487930547911015_147062467648815104_o.jpg

70610269_2487931377910932_6100253981651501056_o.jpg

Edit: Somehow I missed this before but only Aldrin comes with the flag. :mad:

Considering the high price point I'm only going with Armstrong, but dammit- Armstrong should come with a flag too or at least there be an option to get this also.

They do look nice but are definitely not the "Giant Leap" expected for the price.

As I watched the video, I kept looking back and forth between the figures in the video and my old Dragon/DML astronauts and I couldn't find enough differences to justify the ridiculous price.

Head sculpts are nice, the exposed PLSS is great and the moon base is cool. If these ever get broken down, I may get them loose.

I?m late to the party but I recently saw the Apollo 11 documentary and was inspired to get this set.

As others have mentioned, the figures are a tad overpriced but I didn?t get the last astronauts that were produced so I?ll roll with these.

Where can you still get anyone of these?

Is $300 USD the base price?

Bought the set of 3 at Timewalker for $825.

Individually, Buzz and Neil are $300, Collins is $260. YMMV.

I believe I've seen them cheaper elsewhere but TW has free shipping and no sales tax. And their customer service is good, so I'm loyal to them for purchases.

You guys didn't know that Lance biked on the moon?

I ordered the trio from Timewalker as well. if I had to boil it down I probably would go just Neil Armstrong. The price is high but the amount of detail they are putting into these is really nice.

Back