1/6 Custom Kabe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enaud

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yet another custom cantina patron in 1/6
DSC00165.jpg

The recipe for this fellow consists of a custom head with a jawa(later plastic robe release)with hand,feet & robe details sculpted.The vest is a modified Mego chips shirt.
DSC00171.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

Awesome work! I made a Blue Snaggletooth awhile back... they should have a drink together sometime :lol

those are really cool! wish i had the talent and dedication to practice to do customes.

Awesome work! I made a Blue Snaggletooth awhile back... they should have a drink together sometime :lol

Haha,Most definitely.
Funny you mention,I have a blue Snag in the works.The head is sculpted,just needs to be painted.Also waiting on a blue jumpsuit to come in the mail.It's not as dark of a blue as I'ld like but more bluer than his birthday suit.
I too had thought of doing a red Snag with the short gorilla-like body in homage to the vintage line.

This is one of the more creative and well executed customs I've seen. Its not often someone goes to this much effort for a background character.

Great job!

Haha,Most definitely.
Funny you mention,I have a blue Snag in the works.The head is sculpted,just needs to be painted.Also waiting on a blue jumpsuit to come in the mail.It's not as dark of a blue as I'ld like but more bluer than his birthday suit.
I too had thought of doing a red Snag with the short gorilla-like body in homage to the vintage line.

I was thinking about doing a short version of him as well... but wasn't sure what would work. I used a Dragon jumpsuit for mine (only cost $1.25) but dyed it a darker blue.

I went with a Kenner look, instead of screen accurate. I've been thinking about doing a V2 on him, but was a fun project.

snaggled.jpg

I was thinking about doing a short version of him as well... but wasn't sure what would work. I used a Dragon jumpsuit for mine (only cost $1.25) but dyed it a darker blue.

I went with a Kenner look, instead of screen accurate. I've been thinking about doing a V2 on him, but was a fun project.

snaggled.jpg

Chuffin brilliant!!!!

One of the beauties of doing custom aliens in the SW universe is that you don't have to 100% screen accurate if you don't want to...IMO.If you strive for deadnuts likeness...That's fine & dandy.The way I see it,As long as he/she/it is within the characteristic range,you've just created a new identity within that species.:D

One of the beauties of doing custom aliens in the SW universe is that you don't have to 100% screen accurate if you don't want to...IMO.If you strive for deadnuts likeness...That's fine & dandy.The way I see it,As long as he/she/it is within the characteristic range,you've just created a new identity within that species.:D

Man I could not agree more. I know lots of folks love screen accurate stuff and that is fine but for me its all about the feel. None of my stuff is screen accurate. I just don't have the skill of time, but I really enjoy myself making it all :)

The pic I used the most for referrence for my Snag was this one...
Snaggletooth.jpg

He's a bit more docile as apposed to the other "wild boar" looking snags.I haven't gotten around to taking pics of what i have done as of yet.I would be willing to bet money that this fellow's mug is who kenner used to model for the vintage figures.I think wookiepiedia say's his name is Takel-or something like that.

I may have to reconsitter my jumpsuit for mine.It's not that dark of a blue.I almost forgot how dark of a blue his suit was till you posted the pic.For boots,I was going to use the boots from a hasbro Dr Zaius.The POTA boots have that ape toe detail.I was going to paint them silver & put them on backwards(i.e. the wrong feet)to get the somewhat look of the kenner figure's feet.

You were mentioning how to go about the red Snag.My plan was to use the Zaius body-since he has hairy hands,cut his legs at the knees & sculpt feet on them.Maybe cut to shorten the torso a bit.I think that would creat a decent short gorrila like body.I got the idea to atempt that method when I made an Ugnaught & had to shorten the body used.

Great image of Snaggletooth... I like that a lot better than what GG came up with. And I agree it does look more in line with what Kenner came up with.

And great idea on the Zaius boots, that would be a good alternative. The boots I used were just some cheapo Dragon boots that I thought had a unique enough look to work. You're definitely getting me thinking about revisiting this one soon :lol

One thing I definitely want to change is the overall shape of the head... on the original Kenner it tapers down to more of a slim neck, but that doesn't look quite as alien as the image you have.

snaggleh.jpg

Back