Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was posted yesterday on FB what a stunner. Glad i made the choice with sculpted even though i am paying a fair bit more to get it to me.

Attachments

• sups.jpg
    sups.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 164
Looks great! Wish I had room for the sculpt cape but happy enough with the fabric version when it finally gets to me.

As much as I like the fabric cape for its potential and overall less weight/space use, messing with the cape is so, so aggravating. If I get a chance to get the sculpted version, I think I may sell the fabric version even if it’s at a loss.

That is the main reason why i went sculpted cause i am not a fan of fiddling with wired capes. Also you can change the head sculpts without the drama of removing the cape. This convenience will cost me a good $700aud to $900aud but it is what it is i am ok with that for Superman.

If seen every fabric picture over the last few months and have thought "eh, maybe I'll cancel my sculpted cape version. I'm not impressed." But this ONE sculpted cape production phones makes me think "oh... now I remember why I ordered this. Bring it on!"

As much as I like the fabric cape for its potential and overall less weight/space use, messing with the cape is so, so aggravating. If I get a chance to get the sculpted version, I think I may sell the fabric version even if it’s at a loss.

I am not someone who likes playing with my figures or statues but I prefer the look of the cloth cape ovet thick sculpted one. I hope when I get this next month the cape is not super annoying to set up. It doesn't seem to be too hard looking at the review videos

I am not someone who likes playing with my figures or statues but I prefer the look of the cloth cape ovet thick sculpted one. I hope when I get this next month the cape is not super annoying to set up. It doesn't seem to be too hard looking at the review videos

I think the options with this cape are pretty limited. I think there's only 3 wires in it so there's only so much you can do with it.

I think the options with this cape are pretty limited. I think there's only 3 wires in it so there's only so much you can do with it.

From what I feel in the cape, I believe there are 4 wires total. 1 on the left, 1 on the right, and 2 along the bottom. The display possibilities are there, it's just so cumbersome to mess with that once you feel like you have a look that's acceptable you just don't feel like messing with it again. I mean the statue looks amazing, I guess fabric capes just aren't for me.

And how convenient....the day after I post about this my sculpted cape waitlist at P1 converts lol. Guess I'll be finding a way to sell the fabric version.

From what I feel in the cape, I believe there are 4 wires total. 1 on the left, 1 on the right, and 2 along the bottom. The display possibilities are there, it's just so cumbersome to mess with that once you feel like you have a look that's acceptable you just don't feel like messing with it again. I mean the statue looks amazing, I guess fabric capes just aren't for me.

And how convenient....the day after I post about this my sculpted cape waitlist at P1 converts lol. Guess I'll be finding a way to sell the fabric version.

I can't wait to see more in hand sculpted cape versions.

I also found the wires to be cumbersome, specifically the bottom wire...it just wouldn't behave. I wanted a nice simple drape so I removed the bottom wire & I'm much happier with the result.

Last edited:
Guess I need to figure out how I'm going to sell my fabric cape version. I'm hoping someone will bite locally on Craigslist so I don't have to deal with shipping/eBay. I live in a larger metro area, so it's not impossible.

Back