Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1-3 months, that's not bad at all. Hopefully Collectibles Direct here in the UK get mine within that time frame to. Part of me wishes I'd gone through Sideshow and have him already but the potential import fees scared me...already gotta take a hit on that with Hush Batman.

The cape is VERY FAR from cheap, and 10 mins playing around with it makes it look epic!!! I had a great time playing around with it today and posted new pics of it a few pages back. I’m not writing this to say the fabric is better than sculpted or vice versa, I’m just saying the fabric is gorgeous ...is flows, it’s red is beautiful, the wire is strong, the stitched yellow S shield on the back is Amazing.

My Prime 1 Doomsday came in a couple weeks after it was released by sideshow. I guess it all depends when shipment containers come in.

That’s extremely fast!

Now if only Popcultcha shipped in stock items faster. I’ve had a few statues which I’m almost certain came into stock almost two weeks ago, but their site still hasn’t updated their status. As Ikons being their distributor registered as in stock and if anything the boxes are usually already at Popcultcha’s warehouse a few days prior.

I’ve got an Akham Joker which came in at latest last Monday (if not much earlier) of which still hasn’t processed for shipping even though it’s fully paid.

If you look at their Facebook page it’s negative after negative message asking for orders to be processed, shipped and cancelled, but then they’re mostly Pop! collectors, so it has never really been an issue for me, but when it starts to spread to statues...

The cape is VERY FAR from cheap, and 10 mins playing around with it makes it look epic!!! I had a great time playing around with it today and posted new pics of it a few pages back. I’m not writing this to say the fabric is better than sculpted or vice versa, I’m just saying the fabric is gorgeous ...is flows, it’s red is beautiful, the wire is strong, the stitched yellow S shield on the back is Amazing.
Theres no problem if you think the fabric or the sculpted cape is better, every opinion should be respected, so no problem at all :wink1:
When I said the fabric cape looks cheap, I didnt want to make anybody feel bad, what I wanted to say is the material they used for the cape doesnt match the other materials, looks weird... wouldnt look that bad IMO, with a 1/6 or 1/4 scale piece. About the S logo on the cape, again I dont want anybody to get angry but it looks like a patch that I would use on a sweater... and if anybody is going to put this piece next to Batman Hush, you are going to have a fabric cape next to a sculpted cape... Batman & Superman Hush sculpted cape are great, theres no excuse to get the fabric if you have the option to get the sculpted.

That’s extremely fast!

Now if only Popcultcha shipped in stock items faster. I’ve had a few statues which I’m almost certain came into stock almost two weeks ago, but their site still hasn’t updated their status. As Ikons being their distributor registered as in stock and if anything the boxes are usually already at Popcultcha’s warehouse a few days prior.

I’ve got an Akham Joker which came in at latest last Monday (if not much earlier) of which still hasn’t processed for shipping even though it’s fully paid.

If you look at their Facebook page it’s negative after negative message asking for orders to be processed, shipped and cancelled, but then they’re mostly Pop! collectors, so it has never really been an issue for me, but when it starts to spread to statues...

I watch these aussie guys that do reviews they are all over the forums the odd couple statue and they said never pay in advances items from popcultcha always put a deposit on and you will get that pre ordered item faster. Make sense they want to collect the owing money asap. I wonder if there is truth in that.

I also see that negative feedback/complaints over pops.

I watch these aussie guys that do reviews they are all over the forums the odd couple statue and they said never pay in advances items from popcultcha always put a deposit on and you will get that pre ordered item faster. Make sense they want to collect the owing money asap. I wonder if there is truth in that.

I also see that negative feedback/complaints over pops.

I actually only pay the balance when either I know it’s coming in soon, as Ikons actually updates their ETA’a, or when it’s actually in stock. So Popcultcha are just really running behind. If it doesn’t ship by Monday (at which point it’ll be two weeks), I’ll give them a call to expedite. But I shouldn’t need to.

Best Superman statue either way. If they actually get it right with the sculpted cape however that should prove to be the more magnificent of the two. Glad I didn't listen to those idiots who kept going on and on about virtues of fabric. I don't mind being crude because there was so much talk about fabric being "epic" and it is honestly nice but not worthy of this sculpt.

There should be a separate thread for fabric versus sculpted capes so that those of us who are tired of the debate can read on in peace. The fact that Prime 1 gave collectors the option is incredible. Next topic.

Best Superman statue either way. If they actually get it right with the sculpted cape however that should prove to be the more magnificent of the two. Glad I didn't listen to those idiots who kept going on and on about virtues of fabric. I don't mind being crude because there was so much talk about fabric being "epic" and it is honestly nice but not worthy of this sculpt.

In your opinion you mean :rotfl

There should be a separate thread for fabric versus sculpted capes so that those of us who are tired of the debate can read on in peace. The fact that Prime 1 gave collectors the option is incredible. Next topic.

Exactly.

I don’t understand the point of debating. There are two options. Choose one and move the frak on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabric cape FTW!! :yess:

Supes 58.jpg

Just Kidding :wave

The point of debating is to see different points of view from other people.

But there is nothing to debate. One is not better than the other and never will be. It's simply a matter of opinion and personal preference.

It's tiresome when people are trying to force their opinion on others, even calling them idiots for prefering one or the other. Just not necessary.

But there is nothing to debate. One is not better than the other and never will be. It's simply a matter of opinion and personal preference.

It's tiresome when people are trying to force their opinion on others, even calling them idiots for prefering one or the other. Just not necessary.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with stating which one you prefer and why, but it's pointless trying to convince someone else their opinion is wrong and the name calling is ridiculous. That's the world we live in now unfortunately. Everyone thinks their opinion is the right one and if someone disagrees then you call them names.

Above poster is correct, its completely a personal preference, lol there is no better or worse here. Having said that, one aspect that isn't debatable is the Fabric cape needs extra work and futzing to look good whereas the sculpted cape will look good out of the box. I said this before, people (like me) who aren't pro futzers or don't have the patience or time to fiddle with it for hours should stick with sculpted, that's not knocking the fabric, it just requires some innate posing talents and or extreme patience on the buyers part to get it too look good. If you are good at futzing or enjoy that sort of thing the fabric is perfect for you, if not go sculpted. It is a win win situation right??; unless you aint good at futzing or don't enjoy it and also missed out on sculpted version- in that case hopefully your wife/significant other is good at it or maybe you can just pay someone to do it for you (laundry cleaner/seamstress services good place to start-but they may not do house calls :( )

Well I can just look at every picture and say "hey looks good , looks perfect or that piece is the best!" but for me thats pointless. Ive never said to anybody Idiot or said anything bad to someone in this forum. You guys are making a simple thing like giving your opinion which saying I think this is best than this other, is part of it looks like a bad thing. I dont know wheres the problem of saying your opinion. Yes maybe you have spent 1000 $ in something which I dont like, and IN MY OPINION, is not that good, and if you want a false opinion Im sorry but it is what it is. Sometimes people act like kids, and want to hear only good things about your things, but guess what? This is not a charity forum, and maybe for you it makes no sense to say something is bad, but maybe for another guy who is trying to find out in this case which cape is better looking, it may help.
Guys come on... we are adults sharing points of view, and if somebody said something disrespectful just tell them *** the *** and thats it.

Back