Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol good lord, that 1/4 Superman looks like it belongs at Target in comparison.

And that link didn't work, no.

Sorry about that. Hopefully someone puts something on YouTube soon.

It does make the 1/4 Superman look rather small :rotfl The guy mentioned he was selling that one and putting the DKIII Batman in it's place.

Video has been posted on YouTube now. Quality sucks for now, seems to take a while for YT to make the higher resolutions available.

Absolutely AWESOME! I really hope that metal post goes all the way up through the body or that is going to be the scariest statue I own.

Holy ****, he is huge!!!!! I have that prime1 new 52 supes too, it’s not ****ing small but this supes makes it look like 1/10 scale lol. My god my wife is really going to freak out when I stick this bad boy in our main formal room lol. I cannot wait to see the look on her face, i pick my battles wisely but this is one she ain’t winning

Just paid off 2 out of 3 of my Flex payments. Trying really hard to figure out the math to buy this statue. Maybe after I make my last payment on the Fathom statue next week. Anyone know how quickly this might sell out? I'm just getting into the statue game and really have no idea how long these prime 1 statues stick around for.

Just paid off 2 out of 3 of my Flex payments. Trying really hard to figure out the math to buy this statue. Maybe after I make my last payment on the Fathom statue next week. Anyone know how quickly this might sell out? I'm just getting into the statue game and really have no idea how long these prime 1 statues stick around for.

The fabric one should be around a bit, they made a lot of them but the sculpted cape is already waitlisted.

This Superman puts the hush Batman to shame. And I'm not even a Superman fan. It'll easily outside the rest of the hush line as well

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

This Superman puts the hush Batman to shame. And I'm not even a Superman fan. It'll easily outside the rest of the hush line as well

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I’ve only got the Ivy on preorder and honestly I think it’s a better overal statue, but I must admit I’m slightly regretting not preordering the piece locally before a fellow forum member snagged the last one.

Well I just put my order in with sideshow. Not exactly sure how I'm going to pay for it. It will be fine if I can manage to stay on budget, but I was never really one for budgets.

I wouldn’t wait much longer... the fabric version went to having a “low stock” alert last night soon after I put in my order. Assume it will go to waitlist here soon.

I cancelled my fabric order this morning so there is definitely 1 more available. I am glad I stuck with the sculpted cape, after watching that video I wouldn’t have the patience to futz with that cloth one.. that dude had one hell of a time just getting it seated under the head, and even after he got it in, one side still didn’t look like it was on right lol.. you even hear him mumble to his buddy “sculpted is way to go but I had to have it now”.

Eh, I’m not going to put a ton of stock in a guy who was just trying to get it setup quickly the first time for everyone. Just because he struggled a bit with it doesn’t automatically mean I will. You’re going to have to fully remove the sculpted cape whenever you want to switch heads, which may not be overly great either.

Anyway I usually prefer sculpted, but I went with fabric on this for the flexibility of posing (the cape itself and rotation of the pillar), less width it takes up, and just piece of mind on not having the huge sculpted cape ever being a potential leaning issue.

Eh, I’m not going to put a ton of stock in a guy who was just trying to get it setup quickly the first time for everyone. Just because he struggled a bit with it doesn’t automatically mean I will. You’re going to have to fully remove the sculpted cape whenever you want to switch heads, which may not be overly great either.

Anyway I usually prefer sculpted, but I went with fabric on this for the flexibility of posing (the cape itself and rotation of the pillar), less width it takes up, and just piece of mind on not having the huge sculpted cape ever being a potential leaning issue.

Yeah, can't read a lot into a quick unboxing. I couldn't understand why he didn't spin Supes around to futz the cape properly rather doing it with him jammed up against the wall.

I'm still not sure about the angels. They are really well done but looking through my copy of Hush I don't see them anywhere, not sure they add a lot to the piece. I like the Superman logo on the back of the base so I'm tempted to put it that way around and save a little depth by leaving the angels off. Only seen it displayed like that at one con but I think it looks good.

38039074_452854088554054_1101627315781107712_n.jpg

I cancelled my fabric order this morning so there is definitely 1 more available. I am glad I stuck with the sculpted cape, after watching that video I wouldn’t have the patience to futz with that cloth one.. that dude had one hell of a time just getting it seated under the head, and even after he got it in, one side still didn’t look like it was on right lol.. you even hear him mumble to his buddy “sculpted is way to go but I had to have it now”.

The cape actually doesn’t go under the head. His mistake was that he tried to switch portraits without removing the cape first, and the cape kept getting in the way.

yeah he wasn't' doing it right. regardless... the fabric cape is the only way to go with this in my opinion. batman's cape looks good as it's always been a rubbery type thing in my head and it looks right as plastic or whatever they used. superman always had a nice flowing cloth look to it, so to me the sculpted cape never looked right as it has a plasticy look to it. not to mention the size and how much more space it takes up. stoked to get the fabric version soon!!!

Yeah, can't read a lot into a quick unboxing. I couldn't understand why he didn't spin Supes around to futz the cape properly rather doing it with him jammed up against the wall.

I'm still not sure about the angels. They are really well done but looking through my copy of Hush I don't see them anywhere, not sure they add a lot to the piece. I like the Superman logo on the back of the base so I'm tempted to put it that way around and save a little depth by leaving the angels off. Only seen it displayed like that at one con but I think it looks good.

View attachment 446306

That's how I am going to pose him, with the S logo in front. I won't even bother putting the angels on the base.

yeah he wasn't' doing it right. regardless... the fabric cape is the only way to go with this in my opinion. batman's cape looks good as it's always been a rubbery type thing in my head and it looks right as plastic or whatever they used. superman always had a nice flowing cloth look to it, so to me the sculpted cape never looked right as it has a plasticy look to it. not to mention the size and how much more space it takes up. stoked to get the fabric version soon!!!

To each their own, sculpted cape version is sculpted so that it looks as if it’s blowing in the wind. One thing is for sure, the sculpted version will look good out of the box without any futzing. If I was a pro futzer or had patience for such things I may have stuck with fabric but that video did turn me off. I also don’t like the rotating feature it makes the statue seem less stable too me. When he spun it it wobbled quite a bit. But again you cant really go wrong with either, I just advise people who aren’t good at futzing stuff to stick with sculpted cause a badly futzed cape can ruin the whole look of the statue

Either sculpted or fabric is going to be an amazing centre piece.

I have the fabric on PO, there is bound to be some tutorials on how to futz the cape and one thing this statue deserves is some of my time. As you say a poorly futzed fabric cape would not do this piece justice. Blown away by the presence that this piece appears to have. A lot closer to 1/2 scale and that suits me fine.

Back