1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 & Coolprops 1/3 Alien Big chap maquette

interesting, looks good, but incomplete? No Predator? :(

interesting, looks good, but incomplete? No Predator? :(

On FB Prime 1 said only the 1/3 will be joint effort with CP. Apparently it isn't a done deal though. Wonderfest I presume?

If that's what we're getting, it'll be an instant pass for me. While it looks very detailed, it looks incredibly boring.

This looks very nice if that's it. It has that man in suit/Giger feel about it, it's not trying to be "cool" it's just trying to replicate the original. Interested.

With this pose it should have socks with sandals on and a calculator watch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wonder if there isn't a Dog Alien prototype that will also be revealed... Perhaps a painted version of the sculpt we saw a few months ago.

Fingers should be fused, jaw pipes connect to the head not the back, teeth are wrong - again, dome too clear, and that pose is like a 3 year old managed to at least get a figure to stand.
The sculpt is nice and detailed and has potential. I'm worried this is it...

The pose is perfect imo, especially given how big this is. We really need more info however, it looks unfinished, but it's a good start. Some possible wonkyness on the head which could be improved. Are P1 involved then?

The pose is perfect imo, especially given how big this is. We really need more info however, it looks unfinished, but it's a good start. Some possible wonkyness on the head which could be improved. Are P1 involved then?
No, Kelvin said on FB that they are not...this is only CoolProps.

I believe P1 are not involved with the 1/3 Big Chap. Indeed, it needs a little bit of work in the areas mentioned by Infecdead - especially the fingers, that's the most glaring issue for me... But overall, it's beautiful

oh, well, if it's coming from CP, I have no confidence in this piece then lol. Hopefully, Prime shows their version soon, but it wouldn't make much sense if these companies are working together, yet release the same character at the same time.

I'm going to wait and see what P1 has to offer. They mentioned having a reveal in the summer. So I'm guessing at Wonderfest at the end of the month.

I doubt prime 1 will be making a big chap of their own in this scale, it seems this is the one then. It's a good start, but it needs work. And I have very little faith in Coolprops to price this fairly, or to produce an high quality production piece. This has been the piece I'm most excited about in as far back as I can remember. I'm not losing my enthusiasm, but it has deflated a little.

Ideally, this will have improvements made to it, and production will be handed over to P1.

Here you go:

20156023_10159058850835022_3925305797733295030_n.jpg

20264671_10159058793415022_3422920008211302155_n.jpg

20245654_10159058851715022_7544228095442309230_n.jpg

It looks nicer there, hopefully we'll see and hear more soon...

Back