1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, understood.

I’m open-minded enough to accept your explanation...it made sense.

Anyway, after serious consideration, I’m going to pay the last Giger Maquette installment in July. Then I’ll start a Flex Payment on the Prime 1 Dog Alien.

Thanks for your input.

Sideshow themselves have done that in the past, one I remember even went to sold out then months later when secondary market was sky high they decided to "finish" the unmade numbers of the original ES. That is a bit shady, but exceeding their original amount worse, but sounds like that might not be the case here. It has happened before with other companies though so would be nice to get a definitive answer.

Received mine yesterday.

A few problems with mine, :( broken piece on underside of head where it?s bolted into the packaging. Display case is untidy looking with glue marks running into the glass area?s & paint chips on black frame. Shame really as this thing is very well packaged.

Anyone else have a head which is a different shade of black to the rest of the body ? Mine?s quite noticeable.

jFBZQSf.jpg

7vZhAu7.jpg

CouAP8d.jpg

wYhokSs.jpg

TU0bQjU.jpg

Thought I?d do some size comparisons with Sideshow?s Maquette & 12? X-plus Alien.

M68A4ds.jpg

J1999tV.jpg

Received mine with problems as well sith into the UK.

Same chip under the head where the bolts go in! The bolts were loose but luckily the main head is perfect.
Also lots of dust on the statue and base, box was factory sealed so guessing they all have dust?

Did yours suffer any paint rub / loss to the sides of the rear pipes?
I have a little paint missing from the groove area of the pipes on one side, you can see on the foam packaging where it rubbed.

I was think of getting an exchange BUT worry the replacement could be worse!!

ALIEN
P.S, It is an impressive piece though, bloody stunning!

Received mine with problems as well sith into the UK.

Same chip under the head where the bolts go in! The bolts were loose but luckily the main head is perfect.
Also lots of dust on the statue and base, box was factory sealed so guessing they all have dust?

Did yours suffer any paint rub / loss to the sides of the rear pipes?
I have a little paint missing from the groove area of the pipes on one side, you can see on the foam packaging where it rubbed.

I was think of getting an exchange BUT worry the replacement could be worse!!

ALIEN
P.S, It is an impressive piece though, bloody stunning!

Sorry to hear you’ve had problems with yours.
This is now the 4th person to have a damaged head due to the bolts not being in place properly. A couple of guys on a Facebook group also received theirs with the bolts loose in the box.

The black edge around my base was dusty also, no paint rub to any of the statue though. I was offered a replacement on mine but took $150 credit instead.

Hope you can get yours sorted.

With a product this expensive, you’d figured they could be a bit more careful and professional with their packaging.

Sorry to hear you?ve had problems with yours.
This is now the 4th person to have a damaged head due to the bolts not being in place properly. A couple of guys on a Facebook group also received theirs with the bolts loose in the box.

The black edge around my base was dusty also, no paint rub to any of the statue though. I was offered a replacement on mine but took $150 credit instead.

Hope you can get yours sorted.

Thanks for getting back to me, yer such a shame as it's an outstanding statue.

Seeing that it has some paint rub i should really request an exchange but worry the replacement could be worse!!
Even thought about buying another and seeing what condition that arrives in, i could then send back the worse one.

Still thinking what to do, such a great piece, I'll report back soon.

ALIEN :)

I decided to just go ahead and pay the last installment. I should have it in my home within a couple of weeks. My ALIEN collection would just not be complete without this. Yes, the paint app is not the greatest (I might do slight airbrush touchups). But I absolutely love the museum pose and the cabinet. It’s going to go great next to my Giger Li II framed poster.

Next? The Prime 1 Dog Alien of course! :rock

Quick question. Any of you have info on how much it weighs? Sideshow does NOT list the weight, just the dimensions. I’m looking at some cabinet stands. Want to see if it can hold it. Thanks.

Thanks!

I deleted the YouTube comment because I remembered you post here as well...so I didn?t want to repeat myself...

:wave

It’s all because of your video. I had doubts, but it looks great...and my Alien collection would not complete without that piece.

Thanks!

Burtial. Did you move your Maquette from the kitchen island to a different location? I saw it somewhere else (I think), but can’t find that video. If you did. What stand are you using?

And it is here!!!!!!!

48638225518_f7d9e49f9f_c_d.jpg

I am beyond ecstatic for one reason that may be stupid, but...it?s 444/1000...FOUR is my lucky and favorite number, man...444...lol...

I will open it later, gotta make some errands...

I now know what you said about the cabinet. Holy mother of god...that acrylic case attracts particles like a magnet.

I will have to get used to it...as I am OCD like you. But the Maquette looks nicer under the cabinet...it really pops...and feels like a proper museum piece.

While the cabinet frustrated me a bit...the statue itself is SPECTACULAR. I friggin love that thing. It is huge and imposing. My collection now looks much better with it. The statue is highly detailed. Love the head and dome...along with its proper chromed teeth. I love the stark black color app, and if you look closely, it has hints of dark brown. I airbrush, but I am not touching it...I love it as is.

The certificate with Gigers widow signature is a really nice addition. I am going to frame it and place it next to the statue.

So glad I did not canceled it. It arrived without a single scratch, nothing...perfect condition. I am very stoked it is numbered 444, lol.

It is an awesome, awesome piece. If you are on the fence (as I was for a while), snap out of it, go for it.

So glad I got it...

It is now in my Alien-themed man cave. No, that is not a closet to the right of the Big Chap, it is a Murphy Bed, lol.

48639197658_13b16d5690_c_d.jpg

48639197663_947f07db99_c_d.jpg

48639207628_b20799346b_c_d.jpg

48639207633_bb7d0b12c7_c_d.jpg

48639696012_5d2b8d3cd0_c_d.jpg

48639207218_0b010f244f_c_d.jpg

48639697252_11bac410d1_c_d.jpg

48639697362_56b6590465_c_d.jpg

48639697447_97cf5382d3_c_d.jpg

48639980346_ffcdc38fb2_c_d.jpg

48639980336_086be05839_c_d.jpg

48640123167_a28aaa2eeb_c_d.jpg

48639687367_43d344d8f5_c_d.jpg

48639687362_af5f05892c_c_d.jpg

48639278553_d87da02de5_c_d.jpg

Glad you like it!! Pictures really can’t show how awesome this statue is. I have exactely the same reaction when I saw mine for the first time. After reading your post I have gone to my cave to look at it again. So happy to own it and together with my cp bust, they are my alien grails in my collection.

Back