1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clothes is just outstanding!.. The headsculpt is well done but he has a blank expression which is not capturing the Joker character

This statue was first announced about April 2015, and in the many, many, months since we've seen it pop up at various events while they altered the final design. So, as we now have the villian of the story, does anyone here wanna guess when we will get to see the BaleBats?
I predict before Xmas, I suspect we haven't seen anything of the Bat-man because they want to get his design right so as to avoid a repeat of the Joker redesigns - and the justifiable nitpicking from collectors.
Be curious what you guys think is holding back this reveal.
(Another reason for the delay, no doubt, is that they have announced so much Batman stuff already.)

Finally they show him again: Tokyo Comic Con :)

15252593_1241819199198053_6557169547644045152_o.jpg
15259656_1241823862530920_5660605790513513267_o.jpg

Some new pics :) ! Credits goes to Ngai Hang Tse from Facebook.

Kato(ki) himself said as a comment on Facebook, that this is a production piece :)!

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.03.13.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.03.20.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.03.32.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.03.39.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.03.58.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.04.09.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.04.21.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 04.04.30.jpg

This is the ultimate tribute to Heath Ledger´s roleplaying as the joker :)

Agreed.

It's also the only statue ever made below 1:1 scale that looks like Ledger. I can't believe a lot of people would rather spend more money than this statue cost for 1/6 head to go on their 12 inch Action figure.

Also my biggest purchase!

Well looks like it's going to be mine to, since the head sculpt on Sideshows is just terrible, amongst other things. This seems to be the only sensible choice to have a statue of the Joker that looks like Ledger. The only problem now is finding somewhere to put it as space is a huge issue for me.

Last edited:
Agreed.

It's also the only statue ever made below 1:1 scale that looks like Ledger. I can't believe a lot of people would rather spend more money than this statue cost for 1/6 head to go on their 12 inch Action figure.

Well looks like it's going to be mine to, since the head sculpt on Sideshows is just terrible, amongst other things. This seems to be the only sensible choice to have a statue of the Joker that looks like Ledger. The only problem now is finding somewhere to put it as space is a huge issue for me.

Thats just what I thought lel...

And Adam Gu did some of the expensive costum Head sculpts for the dx11 Joker.
And now he did this 1:2 Head for prime 1, this is just an awesome piece of art :)
I definitely see Ledger in there, its a pure likeness for me.

I can't wait for that statue ! a centerpiece in any collection

Beyond jealous that I can't quite make the jump to 1/2 scale. P1 doing some good stuff. If they do end up making a Bale 1/2 scale though...deep deep trouble for me.

Thats just what I thought lel...

And Adam Gu did some of the expensive costum Head sculpts for the dx11 Joker.

He sure did but his older ones were actually pretty cheap when he was first starting out and most of them still have better likeness than any current mass produced one.

And now he did this 1:2 Head for prime 1, this is just an awesome piece of art :)
I definitely see Ledger in there, its a pure likeness for me.

I can't wait for that statue ! a centerpiece in any collection

I think most people agree with that, the problem people have with the sculpt is the expression and not the likeness.

Oh so that's the expression the sculpt is based on? Likeness looks pretty dead on.

Beyond jealous that I can't quite make the jump to 1/2 scale. P1 doing some good stuff. If they do end up making a Bale 1/2 scale though...deep deep trouble for me.

Well I don't want to jump to this scale but it's the only way to get a statue that looks like Ledger. The sculpt on Sideshows is just terrible, but that is not the only reason I am passing on it.

Last edited:
Sculpt on the production piece came out pretty awesome in the likeness department. Just wish they went for a better pose and expression. The mannequin look totally ruins it :(

Back