1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it typically cost for a repaint on these?

I don’t want the real hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a repaint only your looking at about $500, depending on which painter you choose. For real hair your looking and repaint you would be looking at over 1 K, that's what Jacob charged, not sure if he would just repaint one as he likes to add hair to his works.

For a repaint only your looking at about $500, depending on which painter you choose. For real hair your looking and repaint you would be looking at over 1 K, that's what Jacob charged, not sure if he would just repaint one as he likes to add hair to his works.

Luckily for me, I'm on his to do list for to finish one of these this year. I'm not going to discuss pricing on it, but he isn't charging me that amount. I know the guy that got that one done initially asked for glass eyes and then changed his mind, so Jacob had to do a lot of work to put in glass eyes and then change it. That's prolly why that one was so much. I agree though, that's the best one I've seen to date by anyone. Can't wait for him to get mine done.

Luckily for me, I'm on his to do list for to finish one of these this year. I'm not going to discuss pricing on it, but he isn't charging me that amount. I know the guy that got that one done initially asked for glass eyes and then changed his mind, so Jacob had to do a lot of work to put in glass eyes and then change it. That's prolly why that one was so much. I agree though, that's the best one I've seen to date by anyone. Can't wait for him to get mine done.

I am surprized you bought this, you were pretty reluctant about buying it after it first came out, did the meh HS on the Hot Toys one finally make you pull the trigger? I didn't mention the exact price either, I gave a ball park figure. So you getting real hair added to yours as well?

He hasn’t responded yet.

It can’t be easy for one guy to keep up demand on these sculpts.

Yeah I figured he wouldn't have yet, maybe give it a few days.

How long does it usually take for one of these to be made by a good artist?

It really depends on the artist, I think a repaint alone should only take a week, if the artist doesn't have other priorities. Jacob is usually so backed up, so many people want him to paint and hair their sculpts.

I am surprized you bought this, you were pretty reluctant about buying it after it first came out, did the meh HS on the Hot Toys one finally make you pull the trigger? I didn't mention the exact price either, I gave a ball park figure. So you getting real hair added to yours as well?

Yea man, I just figured this would be as good as it gets for a statue of Heath. The likeness was always there, I just needed someone to bring it out. After I saw what Jacob could do with 1/6 sculpts, I pulled the trigger. I still have the figure on order, but I'm thinking I will cancel it or just flip it for a couple bucks.

Gotcha on the price. He is charging me a very fair price imo. Yep, real hair.

He hasn’t responded yet.

It can’t be easy for one guy to keep up demand on these sculpts.

How long does it usually take for one of these to be made by a good artist?

I would be surprised if he is taking anything else on this year TBH. He hasn't even started mine yet.

Last edited:
Yea man, I just figured this would be as good as it gets for a statue of Heath. The likeness was always there, I just needed someone to bring it out. After I saw what Jacob could do with 1/6 sculpts, I pulled the trigger.

I still have the figure on order, but I'm thinking I will cancel it or just flip it for a couple bucks.

Only reason to buy the HT figure at least for me is to have him in the grenade pose, otherwise I wouldn't waste your money on the figure because the head sculpt is quite off.

Gotcha on the price. He is charging me a very fair price imo. Yep, real hair.

Ok cool can't wait to see your head finished, I am sure it's going to look so life-like! :yess:

Only reason to buy the HT figure at least for me is to have him in the grenade pose, otherwise I wouldn't waste your money on the figure because the head sculpt is quite off.

Ok cool can't wait to see your head finished, I am sure it's going to look so life-like! :yess:

I realistically was never expecting the HT head to be improved, but was hopeful. Since I have the Prime statue and a 1:1 bust in the works, I was contemplating keeping the figure for a Interrogation scene custom head/makeup. I noticed the Ex is already going for much more than retail, so if I decide I'm satisfied with the 1:2 and 1:1 Ledgers, I can hopefully make some profit off the figure.

Yea, I hope he will get to it soon and I will defn post pics.

I realistically was never expecting the HT head to be improved, but was hopeful.

Well I think they did improve it, just not by much, the made the nose more symmetrical (although not accurate to Ledgers) and eyes bigger, but they didn't improve much else.

Since I have the Prime statue and a 1:1 bust in the works, I was contemplating keeping the figure for a Interrogation scene custom head/makeup.

Just curious who is the artist making this 1:1 scale bust? I also wanted to have one for the Interrogation scene with a custom head but I think the head alone will cost more than the figure, so I don't think it's worth it.

I noticed the Ex is already going for much more than retail, so if I decide I'm satisfied with the 1:2 and 1:1 Ledgers, I can hopefully make some profit off the figure.

Yea, I hope he will get to it soon and I will defn post pics.

Hmm good idea, I have thought about doing the same with my order.

Well I think they did improve it, just not by much, the made the nose more symmetrical (although not accurate to Ledgers) and eyes bigger, but they didn't improve much else.

Just curious who is the artist making this 1:1 scale bust? I also wanted to have one for the Interrogation scene with a custom head but I think the head alone will cost more than the figure, so I don't think it's worth it.

Hmm good idea, I have thought about doing the same with my order.

BobbyC is doing the bust for me. Depending who you went through, the head could be around the cost of the figure.

BobbyC is doing the bust for me.

Ah k I thought it might have been Bobby C.

Depending who you went through, the head could be around the cost of the figure.

Yeah that's possible but I don't think I care enough to even pay that much for a custom head. The stock head is ok, not great but passable, I just hate that dam open mouth expression and the sloppy job they did on the hair! :gah:

Last edited:
Would love to see some pics of your BobbyC joker when you get him. Always love seeing his latest pieces.

Will do man. Not sure if i will post here, but definitely on my ig and possibly a fb group. I think he will be doing something with it he hasn't done with the joker yet, but has done with past busts. I've never seen one anyways.....

Ah k I thought it might have been Bobby C.

Yeah that's possible but I don't think I care enough to even pay that much for a custom head. The stock head is ok, not great but passable, I just hate that dam open mouth expression and the sloppy job they did on the hair! :gah:

Yea, agreed. It looks like I'm going to end up trading mine already lol.

Will do man. Not sure if i will post here, but definitely on my ig and possibly a fb group. I think he will be doing something with it he hasn't done with the joker yet, but has done with past busts. I've never seen one anyways.....

Yea, agreed. It looks like I'm going to end up trading mine already lol.

You will make a fortune for it, even the regular is sold out.

Back