The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pass for now, I'll let Inart annonce theirs before I take a decision.
1716276245237.png

Looked like he was made out of wax with dead eyes.
And now he looks like a vampire corpse/ Like you said he looks different depending on lighting/angles/different suits/weight/day of week yada yada - I can even post a pic where the HT Begins giraffe neck looks kinda correct I'm sure you know the one - but this one feels all kinds of off and that is just unacceptable/infuriating/sad at this point.

Especially coming hot off the heels of DX19 a figure I do not own btw (just the sculpt for Armory) - so I'm not butthhurt about that aspect or anything.

At this point it should be "perfect".

Last edited:
And now he looks like a vampire corpse/ Like you said he looks different depending on lighting/angles/different suits/weight/day of week yada yada - I can even post a pic where the HT Begins giraffe neck looks kinda correct I'm sure you know the one - but this one feels all kinds of off and that is just unacceptable/infuriating/sad at this point.

Especially coming hot off the heels of DX19 a figure I do not own btw (just the sculpt for Armory) - so I'm not butthhurt about that aspect or anything.

At this point it should be "perfect".
I also think it’s somewhat intentional.

Think about it. If they change the shape of the mouth/nose area, that makes it incompatible with the DX19 faceplates. It limits the options. No backwards compatibility. They’ve been doing that since the DX02, DX12, TDK Armory etc. It took a decade to finally get a new light up sonar head from them.

Then the next cowl will be somewhat improved with better face options and probably a better fit. It’s all so tedious and boring.

Hot Toys is just like Hasbro at this point. Hasbro does the same thing with Marvel Legends, GI JOE and Black Series. Instead of having universal head and ball joint sockets, they make them all different making easy customization impossible.

Changing it so it's incompatible is one thing but changing it so part of it is inaccurate when they didn't have that issue before on their 6 (8 with 1/4) previous attempts is wild.

It's even worse with their BVS bats... bunch of areas where the 1.0 is actually more accurate, no clue why they changed parts to be less accurate.

I’m honestly very excited for this armory… the idea of a non posable figure with a posable one is phenomenal. The forearm anatomy of Bruce is exquisite. Although I’m waitlisted I’m hopeful it rolls over…. Fingers crossed!

I’m honestly very excited for this armory… the idea of a non posable figure with a posable one is phenomenal. The forearm anatomy of Bruce is exquisite. Although I’m waitlisted I’m hopeful it rolls over…. Fingers crossed!
Yeah hopefully it will convert for you, you will not be disappointed!!

Wow I feel like we might be at the end of the hot toys catalog with another reissue 😆 Feels like they’re really just reacting to competition lately. Congrats to all of those who missed the original. The Bruce Alfred Armory set was one of the best they’ve ever done and had a better sculpt on the OG IMO.

Last edited:
Guys I just cancelled my PO on BBTS. Saw the corpse update by HT and tbh, I can't stand both of those sculpts. I'm just gonna wait for IA now. If any one is still looking for this set please head over to BBTS immediately.

Last edited:
Back