Shōgun ( FX 2024 Miniseries / James Clavell )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to finish watching this, and man, what a fine series it is! It absolutely didn't disappoint. Just like its predecessor series was in the 80's, this is an instant classic!

Not sure what they have in mind for a new season, but I'll keep an open mind.

Not me. I won't be wasting my time.

I've finally learned my lesson from watching several one-season shows that were "extended" due to high ratings, and every single one of them was godawful.

Greed + laziness = terrible television.

One of the best actor on actor interviews I have ever seen.

He truly is a genius Loki S2 was freaking epic.

She truly is also a genius BUT OMG you will want to spend the rest of your life with her.

She is a perfect female.
She is a gorgeous.
Her voice is freaking angelic.
As a man gazing upon her beauty and elegance I am just blown away she truly takes your breath away, wow.

God created perfection with her, sheesh.

Last edited:
One of the best actor on actor interviews I have ever seen.

He truly is a genius Loki S2 was freaking epic.

She truly is also a genius BUT OMG you will want to spend the rest of your life with her.

She is a perfect female.
She is a gorgeous.
Her voice is freaking angelic.
As a man gazing upon her beauty and elegance I am just blown away she truly takes your breath away, wow.

God created perfection with her, sheesh.

IMG_3646.png

Sawai is physically stunning yeah ... I know a lot of actors and dated a couple over the years. To be honest I'm at a point where they turn me off.

As stereotypical as it sounds there's something all too self-conscious, contrived and occasionally narcissistic about the ones I've known well.

Don't get me wrong, I love beautiful women but I'm way more attracted to the athletic type; they seem more grounded and forthright in many ways. Just my experience talking here. Maybe I've just met a lot of bad or immature actors.

Yeah I think you probably have to be a bit full of yourself to become an actor, especially when you're constantly being asked to explain your "process". And the constant showering of praise and awards doesn't help either.

I will say Sawai does come across really sweet and humble in interviews though. And yeah she's freakin gorgeous in that Variety video.

Yeah I think you probably have to be a bit full of yourself to become an actor, especially when you're constantly being asked to explain your "process". And the constant showering of praise and awards doesn't help either.

I will say Sawai does come across really sweet and humble in interviews though. And yeah she's freakin gorgeous in that Variety video.
The last one I dated was often really arrogant but at the same time suffering from low self-esteem. Her charm wore off very quickly.

Maybe it's a chicken or an egg question -- did the struggle in a brutal industry warp them, or does the profession attract a certain kind of broken person? Bit of column A, bit of column B?

Again, I can't paint every actor everywhere with the same brush without knowing them at all, but the ones I've got to know platonically or romantically are exhausting.

Back