1/6 ETERNAL - Batman Returns - The Cat Lady

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty much done with feeling the hype around Mars. I've got money tied up in more than one preorder deposits from them that apparently is never going to see the light of day.

This one looks pretty off to me. I'll be waiting for Mars. More competition can only be a good thing though.

This is looking worse the more I look at it and compare screenshots. I’m not so sure anymore. I might just keep waiting it out - the printed on stitches and “clownish” oversized, crooked cat ears seem off. Not a fan of the likeness either - and I’d want to see reviews to see how that suit material holds up.

Just guessing:

Mars: We are still trying to engineer with a material flexible, yet sturdy enough to withstand the amount of holes and stitching, yet won't compromises the integrity, it'll take forever.

Eternal: Just paint the damn stitches on, take a couple of glam shots, and call it day, These people are so desperate, they will buy anything. :lol
I honestly think it’ll be a good while before Mars puts up their version of Catwoman. They put up teases for Penguin in a fit of rage after Eternal announced theirs, and that still isn’t up for pre-order yet.

We’re probably looking at a good few years before we have a Penguin or Catwoman in hand from Mars if you ask me. I don’t like to give Mars so much crap but they take their sweet time.

Is it me, or does it look like her figure is going to be a little undersized? Or is MP really that short? It looks like, from this pic, that the figure is not much taller than Eternal's Penguin. And the Penguin is about a 2/3 the size of a Hot Toys.

Attachments

• Ext MP Catwoman.jpeg
    Ext MP Catwoman.jpeg
    646.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00927.JPG
    DSC00927.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is it me, or does it look like her figure is going to be a little undersized? Or is MP really that short? It looks like, from this pic, that the figure is not much taller than Eternal's Penguin. And the Penguin is about a 2/3 the size of a Hot Toys.
I think it's more likely the Penguin figure is way oversized. Pfeiffer is 5'7 (maybe 5'9 with heels) which matches up to the 11.5 inches the figure is listed at.

I think it's more likely the Penguin figure is way oversized. Pfeiffer is 5'7 (maybe 5'9 with heels) which matches up to the 11.5 inches the figure is listed at.

The top of her head looks like it's just about the height of Penguin's top hat in that pic. I think she'd be pretty small looking at Penguin among the other figures there.

1000008972.jpg

Her shoulders should be inline with the top of his head. So yes the figure is a little too short even with her not posed straight she is a good a third to a half a "penguin head" too short

1000008965.jpg

The printed stitches I have no issue with - the real costume didn't have them either. They were molded latex pieces, painted and glued on to the suit. On display they will work perfectly.

The sofa and rug do not fit into the Returns aesthetic at all. So easy pass on them. If they had done something like the Tweeterhead statue and the Shreck cat head, Gotham rooftop, or even included Penguins bird and cage as the deluxe, I would of considered it. Ordering the standard release instead.

Last edited:
The Penguin certainly looks massive there relative to Catwoman -- in girth and just the sheer size of his face. But on my shelf, the Penguin looks well scaled to Batman and Joker. Hopefully Catwoman won't be a Furiosa sized 'child' body.

I'm sure I can make it work, whatever.

Terrible likeness, wrong ears, painted on stitching, it's really crap.

If it's cheap, fair enough.....but i'm gonna continue holding off for her in 1/6th when it's done well. I don't need 27 discount variations of her.

I think the likeness is pretty good personally. Not perfect but looks like Catwoman from the movie to me. Ears are big though.

For the price it’s hard to complain in my opinion. Eternal’s Penguin is better in person than some give it credit for when you take into account it was pretty cheap.

Also if something better comes later down the line that’s fine but for now we don’t have options.

I don't need 27 discount variations of her.
Fair argument. I think any company could quite easily capitalize on this character for the simple reason of how starved fans are for her in figure form. From 1/12 to 1/6 scale for sure.

Back