Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to Joe, other celebrities who reportedly play/have played in the past:

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
Dwayne Johnson
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Jon Favreau
Rainn Wilson
Patton Oswalt
Aubrey Plaza
Vince Vaughn
Steven Colbert
Marilyn Manson
Anderson Cooper
Drew Barrymore
Terry Crews
Mike Meyers
Vin Diesel’s Riddick character and that entire setting for his Riddick trilogy is from his own home brew campaign! He’s hardcore into the game.
I don’t play, but this is cool to know!!

One of the things I enjoyed about the Snyderverse, and that I don't think gets enough credit, is that the costumes all actually look individualized. In the MCU, it looks like they all go to the same suit-maker.

Yeah Michael Wilkinson and Iron Studios absolutely knocked it out of the park for DC. On the MCU I’m not going to knock costumes for Iron Man‘s constantly evolving suits and Captain America WWII version of the suit, but otherwise not much to write home about with the other characters.

Just watched the Film Junkee's stream with Zack Snyder. At one point Zack mentions that the Full Circle event wouldn't have happened without Mike DeLuca and Pam Abdy (WB joint Chairperson's and CEO's). That shows me that Zack has connections at the very top.

He then mentioned that he is all about Rebel Moon etc for the near future.

Makes me think that Zaslav's plan B is with Zack. i.e should Gunn's stuff bomb and they need to go to Plan B, then time will have passed for Zack to complete his Rebel Moon stuff.

Also gives that Comic Almanac pic which Zack posted in the background of his thanksgiving shot some meaning. i.e perhaps that was his pitch. In this case as a Plan B for the future, in case everything goes south with Gunn. Which I think will be the case.

Who knows, but for now I think it's over. A real shame of what could have been all been done by now.

Just watched the Film Junkee's stream with Zack Snyder. At one point Zack mentions that the Full Circle event wouldn't have happened without Mike DeLuca and Pam Abdy (WB joint Chairperson's and CEO's). That shows me that Zack has connections at the very top.

He then mentioned that he is all about Rebel Moon etc for the near future.

Makes me think that Zaslav's plan B is with Zack. i.e should Gunn's stuff bomb and they need to go to Plan B, then time will have passed for Zack to complete his Rebel Moon stuff.

Also gives that Comic Almanac pic which Zack posted in the background of his thanksgiving shot some meaning. i.e perhaps that was his pitch. In this case as a Plan B for the future, in case everything goes south with Gunn. Which I think will be the case.

Who knows, but for now I think it's over. A real shame of what could have been all been done by now.
There was a lot of stuff in there.
The new poster has a meaning but he can't go into it until after the event.
In regards to De Luca and Abdy, he said "who knows what that means, you know, in the future"

There was a lot of stuff in there.
The new poster has a meaning but he can't go into it until after the event.
In regards to De Luca and Abdy, he said "who knows what that means, you know, in the future"
Exactly. If there is something to it, they can't say anything to it now as it will undermine the Gunn stuff. But in any case I'll be waiting for Gunn's stuff to fail. I'm still not going to support that crap as it doesn't interest me at all.

Then I'll wait to see what happens in the future. Probably nothing, but maybe just maybe !!

The Flash movie will be interesting to see if they leave any potential openings. I guess if he can travel to different worlds then anything is possible.

At least Zack has supporters in the highest places. I think that's what Zack was trying to say. Plus it was the only thing he said without any question relating to it. He said "that had to be said". So it's important from his side.

In the meantime I'll enjoy what he's busy with now in Rebel Moon. And maybe at some point I'll get my Cyborg Hot Toy !

Exactly. If there is something to it, they can't say anything to it now as it will undermine the Gunn stuff. But in any case I'll be waiting for Gunn's stuff to fail. I'm still not going to support that crap as it doesn't interest me at all.

Then I'll wait to see what happens in the future. Probably nothing, but maybe just maybe !!

The Flash movie will be interesting to see if they leave any potential openings. I guess if he can travel to different worlds then anything is possible.

At least Zack has supporters in the highest places. I think that's what Zack was trying to say. Plus it was the only thing he said without any question relating to it. He said "that had to be said". So it's important from his side.

In the meantime I'll enjoy what he's busy with now in Rebel Moon. And maybe at some point I'll get my Cyborg Hot Toy !
Yes, I agree. One thing I got for sure is that he isn't "done" as people thought fullcircle might have originally meant.

I'm hoping that Rebel Moon is more my thing than AOTD was. It was fine but nothing special.
While I wait for Cyborg and the Deathstroke's I'm on with a custom Martian Manhunter, a custom Harley and a custom Knightmare Cyborg.

Yes, I agree. One thing I got for sure is that he isn't "done" as people thought fullcircle might have originally meant.

I'm hoping that Rebel Moon is more my thing than AOTD was. It was fine but nothing special.
While I wait for Cyborg and the Deathstroke's I'm on with a custom Martian Manhunter, a custom Harley and a custom Knightmare Cyborg.
Yep I agree he's definitely not done, just pre-occupied at the moment at Netflix for some years. (Not saying he'll definitively be back, but if the stars align down the road then it's possible to finish his story).

This event having WB involvement is also probably getting him to sooth us "cultists" to not torpedo WB's current slate. Personally I think WB will do just fine at that themselves.

I thought AOTD wasn't bad. What makes it even cooler is the whole time travel thing associated with it which hasn't been explained/investigated at all.

In any case, as a huge Star Wars fan (I only dropped into DC because of the Snyder take on the DC heroes) I am totally hoping Rebel Moon will be the grown up Star Wars-esque type of thing many desperately want considering Disney's major fumbling of the Star Wars franchise. Sequel Trilogy or Book of Boba Fett anyone.....???

I love Dune and Bladerunner 2049 and any adult Sci-Fi type stuff done with amazing visuals. So fingers crossed Rebel Moon can be added to that list !!

That Hero’s Park restored statue poster is gorgeous. I‘d love to get a print signed by Zack. Although if an autographed print is only made available through auction to raise money for AFSP that’ll put it out of reach for me. I’ll still just get the print though.

The raised left hand is changed from the original statue.

0F69E746-6750-435A-9C78-19354F270173.jpeg

It’s noteworthy that Zack mentioned Pam Ably and Mike DeLuca. And not to read in too much, but interesting that he mentioned Pam Abdy first. Because Abdy is in charge of animated films.

I still think the best we can realistically hope for is an animated conclusion to the saga.

It’ll take a while for the new DCU to tank if it does. The biggest test in the short term is probably Flash. I have a hunch that The Flash might be quite good for what it is. I think it’s probably going to do okay at the box office. Aquaman is reportedly pretty bad, but Gunn may not be much to blame for that. Blue Beetle who knows.

Anyway I don’t see Zaslav firing Gunn before Gunn’s four year contract ends.

That Hero’s Park restored statue poster is gorgeous. I‘d love to get a print signed by Zack. Although if an autographed print is only made available through auction to raise money for AFSP that’ll put it out of reach for me. I’ll still just get the print though.

The raised left hand is changed from the original statue.

View attachment 630179

It’s noteworthy that Zack mentioned Pam Ably and Mike DeLuca. And not to read in too much, but interesting that he mentioned Pam Abdy first. Because Abdy is in charge of animated films.

I still think the best we can realistically hope for is an animated conclusion to the saga.

It’ll take a while for the new DCU to tank if it does. The biggest test in the short term is probably Flash. I have a hunch that The Flash might be quite good for what it is. I think it’s probably going to do okay at the box office. Aquaman is reportedly pretty bad, but Gunn may not be much to blame for that. Blue Beetle who knows.

Anyway I don’t see Zaslav firing Gunn before Gunn’s four year contract ends.
It is a great poster! It's quite interesting, that left hand. It's always different. The movie is the closest but still not the same. 5 variations now.

The promo pics.
Heroes_Park.jpg

The Beast Kingdom statue
MC040-00001_db2da1c1-fbc7-441d-9e1a-99ef67e33ad4.jpg

SDCC
CnsfdduUIAAzAei.jpeg

The actual movie (blink and you will miss it)
Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 09.41.45.png

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.......with some nice quotes from Zack himself (for those that haven't watched the full livestream)

Also interesting when asked about continuing the Snyderverse somewhere else (Netflix), he came across as really being careful about what he said......he obviously knows more there imo.

It is a great poster! It's quite interesting, that left hand. It's always different. The movie is the closest but still not the same. 5 variations now.

The promo pics.
View attachment 630251

The Beast Kingdom statue
View attachment 630253

SDCC
View attachment 630255

The actual movie (blink and you will miss it)
View attachment 630259

He did say that there are Easter eggs in the poster. Dave Pena even mentioned the hand. Zack smiled and quipped that at least some fan out there has probably found and deciphered virtually every Easter egg he‘s ever embedded.

Just going from the films, the statue in BvS the left hand is cupped and curved upward towards the heavens. I guess it’s like an Atlas pose of holing the world on his shoulders. But it also feels even more to me like the hand is receiving some sort of divine energy or mana or whatever from the heavens… which is symbolic not literal… and the right hand is in a very curious position indeed.

I actually like the overall analysis of SnyderQueen aka Sammie about it:

The five open fingers of the raised left hand are thought… correctly I suspect… to represent the five film saga. And the relationship of the five films to the studio! On the left hand three finger are raised, and that is thought to represent the three films of the trilogy that we’ve gotten.

Sammie thinks that the open hand in relationship to the studio has a positive or hopeful meaning. I think the change of the left hand is more ambiguous—i.e., unfortunately not necessarily entirely positive! I don’t think it’s a “high five,” for example, as some have suggested on Twitter. If anything, imo, the left hand looks like it’s held in a way that suggests “stop” or a sort of warding off of a threat, or something of that nature.

Zack said on his SnyderQueens interview that there’s quite a few Easter eggs embedded in the image. “Snyderverse Trilogy” is positioned on the fifth and six steps, respectively. And the crack in the middle of the steps runs through the letters V and L. No clue what either of those might suggest. L and V are Roman numerals for the number 55 but that’s about all that comes to mind for me. I don’t see any discernible images in the clouds.

He did say that there are Easter eggs in the poster. Dave Pena even mentioned the hand. Zack smiled and quipped that at least some fan out there has probably found and deciphered virtually every Easter egg he‘s ever embedded.

Just going from the films, the statue in BvS the left hand is cupped and curved upward towards the heavens. I guess it’s like an Atlas pose of holing the world on his shoulders. But it also feels even more to me like the hand is receiving some sort of divine energy or mana or whatever from the heavens… which is symbolic not literal… and the right hand is in a very curious position indeed.

I actually like the overall analysis of SnyderQueen aka Sammie about it:

The five open fingers of the raised left hand are thought… correctly I suspect… to represent the five film saga. And the relationship of the five films to the studio! On the left hand three finger are raised, and that is thought to represent the three films of the trilogy that we’ve gotten.

Sammie thinks that the open hand in relationship to the studio has a positive or hopeful meaning. I think the change of the left hand is more ambiguous—i.e., unfortunately not necessarily entirely positive! I don’t think it’s a “high five,” for example, as some have suggested on Twitter. If anything, imo, the left hand looks like it’s held in a way that suggests “stop” or a sort of warding off of a threat, or something of that nature.

Zack said on his SnyderQueens interview that there’s quite a few Easter eggs embedded in the image. “Snyderverse Trilogy” is positioned on the fifth and six steps, respectively. And the crack in the middle of the steps runs through the letters V and L. No clue what either of those might suggest. L and V are Roman numerals for the number 55 but that’s about all that comes to mind for me. I don’t see any discernible images in the clouds.

If you look at my screenshot the hand isn't like that in BvS, only like that in the promo pics.

There are some great interpretations. Fans and haters alike are saying its definitely means he coming back or he's definitely leaving for good. Not 'might' 😂

It's almost like torture these things. Is he leaving clues that are gonna blow our minds and make us so, so happy or is it something else, interesting but not worth getting excited about?

I'd love for this to be something more than just a cool looking poster, and this may be my pessimistic side - but I think its just a cool looking poster.

Ive read all of the theories behind how the poster is put together and the meaning behind how the statue is posed but for me there is one main thing which stops me from thinking this is more - and thats Ben Affleck - he was pretty firm in his statement that he is done with the Batman character specifically and super hero movies in general and I can't see Snyder bringing this universe back without him, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot.

Would I like to see more of Affleck as Batman? Yup, would I still like to see his Batman movie? Definitely, even alongside The Batman 2 and The Brave and the Bold.

If Snyder says Justice League 2 and 3 are happening in just over a months time I will be happy - but for me it needs to have all the main players back in their roles with the exception of I would assume Barry Allen.

As this is a figures forum, I'm hoping theres a continued outpouring of love from enough of the fanbase during Snydercon to push Hot Toys to do 2.0 editions of the MoS Cavill and BvS Affleck - and if they don't I hope those are the versions InArt go with.

I'd love for this to be something more than just a cool looking poster, and this may be my pessimistic side - but I think its just a cool looking poster.

Ive read all of the theories behind how the poster is put together and the meaning behind how the statue is posed but for me there is one main thing which stops me from thinking this is more - and thats Ben Affleck - he was pretty firm in his statement that he is done with the Batman character specifically and super hero movies in general and I can't see Snyder bringing this universe back without him, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot.

Would I like to see more of Affleck as Batman? Yup, would I still like to see his Batman movie? Definitely, even alongside The Batman 2 and The Brave and the Bold.

If Snyder says Justice League 2 and 3 are happening in just over a months time I will be happy - but for me it needs to have all the main players back in their roles with the exception of I would assume Barry Allen.

As this is a figures forum, I'm hoping theres a continued outpouring of love from enough of the fanbase during Snydercon to push Hot Toys to do 2.0 editions of the MoS Cavill and BvS Affleck - and if they don't I hope those are the versions InArt go with.
Yep, Affleck has also been the fly in the ointment for me. If there was one actor who would be not up for JL2+3 it would be him.

However that said, the optimist in me says maybe after a couple of years (which is what we're going to have to wait for the Gunn-verse to fail :) ) and Zack to be done with Rebel Moon etc, maybe just maybe Affleck could be convinced to do the last 2 movies and presumably die as Joker insinuates in that final scene.

I get the feeling Affleck is more of a serious movie type of guy. i.e stories with meaning, not popcorn movies which Superhero movies tend to be. Especially Marvel style. So with that in mind perhaps Zack and a more serious script would be enough to bring him back ? Especially if much of the rubber suit work could be done by body doubles.

In any case it's all open imo.

But in the meantime Hot Toys or InArt can totally bring on MoS Cavill and BvS Affleck !!

If you look at my screenshot the hand isn't like that in BvS, only like that in the promo pics.

There are some great interpretations. Fans and haters alike are saying its definitely means he coming back or he's definitely leaving for good. Not 'might' 😂

It's almost like torture these things. Is he leaving clues that are gonna blow our minds and make us so, so happy or is it something else, interesting but not worth getting excited about?
Agreed, it's both annoying and exciting as hell. I've resigned to the fact that whatever outcome, the positive one would still take years to come to fruition if at all.

However as someone mentioned, this poster and the #SellSnyderverse to Netflix are more now than anything a gauge of fan enthusiasm for the Snyderverse to Pam + David. So I will continue to support, but with the longer time frame in mind.

As someone else said I'll continue the fight, until Zack says he's done.

I'm glad that he does it, it's sincere although calculated and strategic at the same time, I suspect.

Here again Zack signals... well it seems to me anyway... that he would love to complete the saga. He recently said the DC characters are "very dear to me." And in this interview he emphasizes Pam Abdy and Mike DeLuca are especially friendly towards him, and that they are the ones that cleared this event from the IP owner side. Adding that because of that "who knows?" for the future.

So he is communicating hope. It sure seemed like, prior to Gunn's hire, DeLuca and Abdy were getting ducks in a row for the universe to pick up where ZSJL leaves off. Variety even reported that they had heard that DeLuca and Abdy were eyeing a possible Snyder directed JL sequel.

But I think there's a point at which if it's over, it's over. And if and when that point is reached Zack needs to say okay guys you fought the good fight. But I think for now he wants to mobilize and hype his fanbase for Rebel Moon.

I still tend to also think that Cavill may have been asking too much (money and creative freedom), who knows with Affleck and then the uncertainty of Ezra Miller. Plus the huge cost of them all together.

All that and the financial struggles of WB-Discovery, Zaslav went the cheap route. Gunn exec, Gunn writer, Gunn director, new no name actors willing to sign contracts for TV, movie and voice animation.

In the end it's almost always about money unfortunately.

I still tend to also think that Cavill may have been asking too much (money and creative freedom), who knows with Affleck and then the uncertainty of Ezra Miller. Plus the huge cost of them all together.

All that and the financial struggles of WB-Discovery, Zaslav went the cheap route. Gunn exec, Gunn writer, Gunn director, new no name actors willing to sign contracts for TV, movie and voice animation.

In the end it's almost always about money unfortunately.

Likely all on the money.

I guess one thing I would add about the financial aspect for WBD is that gigantic corporations that size get truly insane tax write-offs and frequently pay $0 federal taxes. I predict that all the debt that Discovery inherited from WB via the merger/acquisition will simply be written off. Poof! Gone.

So I don’t see WBD as financially hard up or desperate or anything. Rather, I think they’re anticipating a sea change in the popularity of superhero films. So they’ll stay in the game and keep making them, but they’regoing to make much more modest investments in that genre, i.e., stick to lower budgets as a rule. And evidently Gunn was able to pitch that successfully. That’s my guess anyway.

Oh, and it’s also my guess that DeLuca and Abdy pitched that there’s still hype for big superhero films if the Snyderverse continues with Zack Snyder returning to complete his saga, Henry Cavill making MoS 2, and Ben Affleck making his solo Batman film. And initially Zaslav and board of directors heeded Deluca and Abdy. But somehow Gunn was able to change people’s mind. And/or analytics showed a decline over the next decade for superhero films, etc.

Last edited:
Back