Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, based on the title, I think people can be pretty satisfied with the available pre-orders. Wish they made the Knightmare Joker and Batman a 2pack and sold Supes separately.

Oh well, cant have everything.

I don't typically watch these "Hopeium"type videos. But his one is actually an interesting update based on newest quotes and real actions from HBOMax.

It seems things are slowly changing with Discovery influencing the direction more and more towards the final merger next year.

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

Yeah it seems that something is in the air. I suspect that WBD is beginning to assert its presence. And that inclusion of the Snyderverse fandom, which means a seat at the table in the DC multiverse, i.e., Snyder’s JL 2 and 3 at a minimum, is a key ingredient to their global business strategy. And if that is the case then Emmerich and Sarnoff… and perhaps Hamada… will be shown the door.

But the statement by the head of Warnermedia clearly in praise that ZSJL as a “global phenomenon“ and this trailer aimed at inclusion of the Snyderverse fan base… that’s a pretty damn clear signal to me.

Yeah it seems that something is in the air. I suspect that WBD is beginning to assert its presence. And that inclusion of the Snyderverse fandom, which means a seat at the table in the DC multiverse, i.e., Snyder’s JL 2 and 3 at a minimum, is a key ingredient to their global business strategy. And if that is the case then Emmerich and Sarnoff… and perhaps Hamada… will be shown the door.

But the statement by the head of Warnermedia clearly in praise that ZSJL as a “global phenomenon“ and this trailer aimed at inclusion of the Snyderverse fan base… that’s a pretty damn clear signal to me.
Yep totally agree. A few months ago it was all King Kong, WW84 and no ZSJL in the marketing at all. Let alone a long marketing clip with quotes and 70% SnyderCut footage.

When DC Fandome arrives on Oct 16, there is a major Twitter event for #RestoretheSnyderVerse. That will also help show the feedback to the new overlords.

It'll be very interesting to see what they show at DC Fandome as well.

I have a good feeling going forward that by next year things will start to fall into place. Snyder will have done his current projects with Netflix and may have time to devote to development of JL2. Even if he does not direct, but produces or at least has input that's all I want.

Yep totally agree. A few months ago it was all King Kong, WW84 and no ZSJL in the marketing at all. Let alone a long marketing clip with quotes and 70% SnyderCut footage.

When DC Fandome arrives on Oct 16, there is a major Twitter event for #RestoretheSnyderVerse. That will also help show the feedback to the new overlords.

It'll be very interesting to see what they show at DC Fandome as well.

I have a good feeling going forward that by next year things will start to fall into place. Snyder will have done his current projects with Netflix and may have time to devote to development of JL2. Even if he does not direct, but produces or at least has input that's all I want.

My gut is that he wants to finish what he started. He has a vision for a five film saga that is epic af. I think this is personal. And there's no other director like him. Hopefully Netflix will give him the flexibility he needs.

rorschach.gif

My gut is that he wants to finish what he started. He has a vision for a five film saga that is epic af. I think this is personal. And there's no other director like him. Hopefully Netflix will give him the flexibility he needs.

View attachment 541080
After looking a bit more at this, HBOMax's problem was that they were only in the US. Discovery is global, and this was the reason it was such a good match to take Warner and HBOMax over. i.e use Discovery's existing global infrastructure to drive HBOMax subscriptions globally, and not just within the US.

With this in mind, if you were Zaslav (Discovery CEO) would you be looking at what was successful only in the US, or looking what was successful globally.

Obviously globally. So when you consider all those reports for the Snyder Cut success, view numbers through the roof, special trailers from international HBOMax accounts. Then imo it all points to a more positive direction for JL2 and 3 and a rounding out of the full plan which already exists !

Well, based on the title, I think people can be pretty satisfied with the available pre-orders. Wish they made the Knightmare Joker and Batman a 2pack and sold Supes separately.

Oh well, cant have everything.
“Wish they made a 2 pack?” I just wish they had made a Knightmare Joker at all…package it with a 1/6 scale hobo for all I care.
Sadly there will not be a Joker in any pack.

Yep…and they look great…but sadly it’s not the same…

You’re totally entitled to your feelings, but you’re usually so logic driven!

Figures being unlicensed does bother me somewhat as well. And ultimately I accept capitalism as the superstructure that makes the world go round. Laws are the rules of the game, human civilization needs them to function, etc. But are the corporations that hold the licenses worthy of any sort of loyalty? Is there anything about DC‘s behavior as a corporate entity that deserves it? I‘ve been studying up on Watchmen recently and it’s almost painful to listen to Alan Moore’s journey in relation to DC with that IP.

For better or worse, the reality of capitalism has established that Chinese entrepreneurs can and do ignore IP rights at will. And when you think about the tenets of capitalism, is this surprising in any way, shape, or form? It’s the bed that capitalism has made for itself, tbh.

Last edited:

Figures being unlicensed does bother me somewhat as well. And ultimately I accept capitalism as the superstructure that makes the world go round. Laws are the rules of the game, human civilization needs them to function, etc. But are the corporations that hold the licenses worthy of any sort of loyalty? Is there anything about DC‘s behavior as a corporate entity that deserves it? I‘ve been studying up on Watchmen recently and it’s almost painful to listen to Alan Moore’s journey in relation to DC with that IP.

For better or worse, the reality of capitalism has established that Chinese entrepreneurs can and do ignore IP rights at will. And when you think about the tenets of capitalism, is this surprising in any way, shape, or form? It’s the bed that capitalism has made for itself, tbh.
Nicely put Alatar. But I didn't get the feeling jal76 was going that deep at all :rotfl

Seems to me he's a Hot Toys Boy, which is fine.

But for me if there is a good figure out there that looks good from a movie I love, then I'd prefer to have him than none.

I actually have a ton of great unlicensed figures that I enjoy.
I especially appreciate them when I know that the odds of getting a licensed figure of some characters is a near impossibility.
It’s not an ethical choice, I couldn’t care less, it’s about the quality of the figures.
Personally, I feel the quality of unlicensed figures is always just sub par.
It’s like a fake Rolex…looks just like a Rolex, but it’s not a Rolex.
Doesn’t have to be Hot Toys…Blitzway, Asmus, a bunch of others all work for me.

Nicely put Alatar. But I didn't get the feeling jal76 was going that deep at all :rotfl

Seems to me he's a Hot Toys Boy, which is fine.

But for me if there is a good figure out there that looks good from a movie I love, then I'd prefer to have him than none.
Agreed. If we were talking about a 1/6 scale figure of the Dad from Parasite or a 1/6 scale Henry Hill from Goodfellas I’d be in. But there is no reason that there shouldn’t be an officially licensed 1/6 scale Knightmare Joker from Hot Toys and we all know that as good as those unlicensed ones look, the Hot Toys one would be so much better. Unfortunately I can’t get past that.

Agreed. If we were talking about a 1/6 scale figure of the Dad from Parasite or a 1/6 scale Henry Hill from Goodfellas I’d be in. But there is no reason that there shouldn’t be an officially licensed 1/6 scale Knightmare Joker from Hot Toys and we all know that as good as those unlicensed ones look, the Hot Toys one would be so much better. Unfortunately I can’t get past that.
Fair enough. But if things go to my plan and we do get JL 2 & 3 :) then I'm sure HT would do a ZS Leto Joker.

By the time we would get that hypothetical figure it'll be 4-5 years I guess. But mine will be up for an upgrade then perhaps.

Haha, @Hoody999 and @jal76 I overthought it. 🤦‍♂️

Truth to tell, I have never purchased a third party figure other than Asmus, which is for my LotR collection. Only game in town for LotR posable 1/6 figures.

Asmus has been all over the map until the last several years. Asmus’ first attempts at LotR figures were just bad best I can tell from photos. I have the SLIM line for the hobbits and Aragorn and they are respectable. Legolas Deluxe (The Hobbit) is great as far as I’m concerned, the molded hair doesn’t bother me at all. Gimli and Boromir are just about perfect. Crown series Gandalf the Gray is sweet except for the too deep-set eyes and ill-fitting hat, neither of which is a dealbreaker for me. Smeagol… I think will be good. The exposed shoulder, elbow, and wrist joints bother me just a bit, but I get that that’s the only practical solution for a typically crouching figure. Head sculpt looks great, though.

From what I can see Soosoo does make some great looking figures. I’m going to roll the dice on their Rorschach and Robin figures.

Last edited:
Got my Por.Toys Knightmare Joker in just now, literally just opened up and put in a simple quick pose, no futzing. It's incredible. Aside from the JND pieces, so at least out of all the posable 1/6 and 1/4 that I own or have owned, this is the best, really great presence. Can't wait for Cyborg and Knightmare Batman and Black suit Superman to join down the line.

Attachments

• PXL_20211015_084909281.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211015_084909281.PORTRAIT.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20211015_084919990.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211015_084919990.PORTRAIT.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20211015_085023688.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211015_085023688.PORTRAIT.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20211015_085833224.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211015_085833224.PORTRAIT.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 41
Got my Por.Toys Knightmare Joker in just now, literally just opened up and put in a simple quick pose, no futzing. It's incredible. Aside from the JND pieces, so at least out of all the posable 1/6 and 1/4 that I own or have owned, this is the best, really great presence. Can't wait for Cyborg and Knightmare Batman and Black suit Superman to join down the line.

That does look great!

Cool. I agree looks great !!

Was that the really expensive one ??

Back