Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, as I said, by all accounts Whedon was a ****** and got what he deserved. Geoff Johns is similarly no longer in charge of DC's films and hasn't been for a while. It's the continued vendetta against Emmerich and Hamada a year later to the detriment of his own career that I'd call a chip on the shoulder. Everyone else on the cast has moved on and is fine working under the new regime.
Well let’s see now…Ben Affleck is Ben Affleck…Gal Gadot is two movies into an apparent Wonder Woman trilogy…Aquaman got a movie and is currently filming the second one…Flash is getting a movie with all kinds of Batmen…I can’t imagine why Fisher hasn’t just been able to move on like all the rest…weird…right?

Well let’s see now…Ben Affleck is Ben Affleck…Gal Gadot is two movies into an apparent Wonder Woman trilogy…Aquaman got a movie and is currently filming the second one…Flash is getting a movie with all kinds of Batmen…I can’t imagine why Fisher hasn’t just been able to move on like all the rest…weird…right?
And Fisher by both his own account and the studio had a role in The Flash lined up that is now out of the question, as are any other future appearances dude could have made. If he thinks this was worth throwing away his career over, well more power to him, I guess.

And Fisher by both his own account and the studio had a role in The Flash lined up that is now out of the question, as are any other future appearances dude could have made. If he thinks this was worth throwing away his career over, well more power to him, I guess.
I think it was pretty widely reported that he was initially offered a bona fide co-starring role, complete with co-star level compensation that suddenly devolved into a cameo role with cameo pay. Would have had to turn down tv series role for a cameo.
Not quite the same thing as playing Aquaman in a movie called “Aquaman.”
They kept messing with the guy and I guess he felt that what they were offering wasn’t enough to buy his dignity.
Choices have consequences and only the person who makes them can truly decide if it works out for them. He’s living with his and who knows, maybe he wouldn’t have it any other way under the circumstances.
Painting him as the uppity angry guy for choosing his dignity over money, when maybe you wouldn’t have done the same, continues to be a bad take.

I think it was pretty widely reported that he was initially offered a bona fide co-starring role, complete with co-star level compensation that suddenly devolved into a cameo role with cameo pay. Would have had to turn down tv series role for a cameo.
Not quite the same thing as playing Aquaman in a movie called “Aquaman.”
They kept messing with the guy and I guess he felt that what they were offering wasn’t enough to buy his dignity.
Choices have consequences and only the person who makes them can truly decide if it works out for them. He’s living with his and who knows, maybe he wouldn’t have it any other way under the circumstances.
Painting him as the uppity angry guy for choosing his dignity over money, when maybe you wouldn’t have done the same, continues to be a bad take.
Good thing I never said he was “uppity for choosing dignity over money.” I said he’s the only one still railing about this years after the fact. And yes, Cyborg’s role was likely reduced after the script was thrown out and rewritten (it was not just rewritten to shaft Fisher; the entire draft they’d been working with before was thrown out when the previous director duo left), but the fact remains that Cyborg was the only notable thing he’s ever done and he could’ve continued playing it in other projects. Hell, if not more supporting roles there was always the chance he could get his own HBO Max spin-off like Black Canary.

If he felt that wasn’t worth it, well that’s his decision. But Whedon is gone, Johns is not involved and Hamada being ousted when nobody else in the cast had any problem working with him was always a very unlikely outcome. So it seems like dude trashed his career over nothing when he’d already won a bunch of good press for speaking out against Whedon and still had a job offer in the franchise. I dunno. Maybe he’s still angry because he was expecting Snyder would be brought back since he understandably still wants the large role he would’ve had in Snyder’s five film arc.

Good thing I never said he was “uppity for choosing dignity over money.” I said he’s the only one still railing about this years after the fact. And yes, Cyborg’s role was likely reduced after the script was thrown out and rewritten (it was not just rewritten to shaft Fisher; the entire draft they’d been working with before was thrown out when the previous director duo left), but the fact remains that Cyborg was the only notable thing he’s ever done and he could’ve continued playing it in other projects. Hell, if not more supporting roles there was always the chance he could get his own HBO Max spin-off like Black Canary.

If he felt that wasn’t worth it, well that’s his decision. But Whedon is gone, Johns is not involved and Hamada being ousted when nobody else in the cast had any problem working with him was always a very unlikely outcome. So it seems like dude trashed his career over nothing when he’d already won a bunch of good press for speaking out against Whedon and still had a job offer in the franchise. I dunno. Maybe he’s still angry because he was expecting Snyder would be brought back since he understandably still wants the large role he would’ve had in Snyder’s five film arc.
I think this (on his tweets) pretty much says it all.

Accountability > Entertainment

It's also about keeping Hamada and Emmerich accountable for their decisions, and with a bit of luck the whole situation in the heads of people like Zaslav. So what goes around comes around.

In any case, I think we can probably all agree it's certainly admirable that he stuck to his guns. 99% of people would have given in or quit and Whedon and Johns would still be where they are today. The man has principles.

It’s about principle for him. I imagine that. He’s taken an activist stance.

I remember reading that a number of black directors have said he’ll always be able to work with them.

Principles matter. It's what determines whether you're a man or someone that can be bought.

It's not about allowing yourself to be bought. It's about how incorruptible you can be and keep moving forward. It's about not backing down despite the money offered to you so you can keep being a man. That's how being a man is done! Only cowards allow themselves to be bought, and that ain't him! He's better than that! He knows what he's worth, so he's going to go out there and bet on himself like a MAN!

Principles matter. It's what determines whether you're a man or someone that can be bought.

It's not about allowing yourself to be bought. It's about how incorruptible you can be and keep moving forward. It's about not backing down despite the money offered to you so you can keep being a man. That's how being a man is done! Only cowards allow themselves to be bought, and that ain't him! He's better than that! He knows what he's worth, so he's going to go out there and bet on himself like a MAN!

Yup, well said.

See, that's where we're differing here. To me, "bought" implies being bribed to shut up and let the problem go away. The problem didn't go away. Whedon and Johns were both publicly shamed and removed from their positions. Whedon is likely never gonna work on a Marvel or DC movie again after this and his reputation has been well and truly sullied after those women came out against him. Ray won and by his own account was looking forward to appearing in Flash, claiming that he liked what he heard when he met with Andy Muschietti about the film.

Right, Ray, acting on principle above all else, is willing to sacrifice some oustanding career opportunities at the moment in order to insist that Walter Hamada… and as far as I know this is the only remaining sticking point for him… at least apologizes for trying to minimize and defend the bad behavior of the bad actors during the investigation. Hamada couldn’t bring himself to do that. So Ray has said he won’t work on any project that Walter Hamada is attached to.

I admire Ray for that. He doesn‘t give a flying **** what you, me, or anyone else thinks about it. God bless him for standing his ground. We need more people like that in this world imho.

However all that being said, as mentioned there are black directors that have said he needn’t worry about finding work, i.e., they will hire him. And Zack Snyder would certainly use again. Perhaps for Rebel Moon? That’d be cool.

Anyway, I’d imagine that Ray is biding his time to see what happens when Warner Brothers Discovery takes over around June. If Zack gets brought back to complete JL 2 and 3 all bets are off. I think if they do that then clearly Emmerich and Sarnoff would be “let go,” and Hamada likely as well.

Right, Ray, acting on principle above all else, is willing to sacrifice some oustanding career opportunities at the moment in order to insist that Walter Hamada… and as far as I know this is the only remaining sticking point for him… at least apologizes for trying to minimize and defend the bad behavior of the bad actors during the investigation. Hamada couldn’t bring himself to do that. So Ray has said he won’t work on any project that Walter Hamada is attached to.

I admire Ray for that. He doesn‘t give a flying **** what you, me, or anyone else thinks about it. God bless him for standing his ground. We need more people like that in this world imho.

However all that being said, as mentioned there are black directors that have said he needn’t worry about finding work, i.e., they will hire him. And Zack Snyder would certainly use again. Perhaps for Rebel Moon? That’d be cool.

Anyway, I’d imagine that Ray is biding his time to see what happens when Warner Brothers Discovery takes over around June. If Zack gets brought back to complete JL 2 and 3 all bets are off. I think if they do that then clearly Emmerich and Sarnoff would be “let go,” and Hamada likely as well.
I personally wouldn't even want the apology, I'd rather just not have anything to do with someone that wronged me no matter what the apology sounded like. Apologies don't really mean anything. Words mean nothing to me, it's what someone does that speaks volumes. For example, I sure as hell wouldn't go back to a gym where people engineer scenarios to make me talk to some gym receptionist, even with an apology. If they can't be professional enough to open on time, every time with military precision, there's no reason for me to go to that gym. I just want to arrive, lift, then leave. I refuse to be a member of a gym where I am forced to talk to people.

https://vero.co/zacksnyder/pb5H-vQzWsfgDrV83pqPL1hr
In my humble opinion there‘s no way that a slow pan shot in a video like this that features the book in the background is accidental. The guy is a director who loves dropping visual easter eggs.

The book is Absolute Final Crisis. That’s in there by accident? Lol, I think not.

Some have speculated that the two books on top are storyboard books.

We have Henry Cavill recently talking about MoS 2 and the completion of his arc in JL 2 and 3.

🤔

E71CE581-5184-498C-9C87-267DB317FAB5.jpeg

Last edited:
https://vero.co/zacksnyder/pb5H-vQzWsfgDrV83pqPL1hr
In my humble opinion there‘s no way that a zoom like this that features the book in the background is accidental. The guy is a director who loves dropping visual easter eggs.

The book is Absolute Final Crisis.

Some have speculated that the two books on top are storyboard books.

We have Henry Cavill recently talking about MoS 2 and the completion of his arc in JL 2 and 3.

🤔

View attachment 547796
Restore the Snyderverse

Also Clay Staub has posted several things Snyderverse related recently that could well be winks in this direction as well.

He commented that the JL Darkseid storyboard reference was related to a rewatch of ZSJL. But intriguing that he selected a storyboard image that is for JL 2. The Mad Max reference is reminiscent of Knightmare Batman.

The books on top of Final Crisis now being identified as likely “script bibles”: Bible (screenwriting) - Wikipedia

I wonder, though, what the book is that has the blue letters on the binding that’s sandwiched between Final Crisis and the supposed script bibles?

Great posts everyone. Imagine a Knightmare Batman in a Mad Maxesque Batmobile !! Holy s##t. The crowd would go WILD !!

I still remain adamantly hopeful that JL 2 & 3 have a chance. For me it's been the long game since JL came out and Discovery are to take over mid next year.

I heard there was a stop on all green lighting of big new projects until this went through, which I could totally believe.

I still have faith in Zaslav and all he has said. i.e Giving the customers what they want, keeping talent and restoring WB as the place where directors could see their vision realised.

I know Nolan left, but imagine if he came back when the guard had changed. That would be amazing !

With Snyder having all his current projects at Netflix right now the timing could be perfect for him to return for JL2 at the end of 2022 or 2023 when things have settled with Discovery.

As I said, the long game.

Nice summary of events here as well in this video.

I reckon it's totally possible that they do their slate of current movies, maybe fit in a Superman MOS2 in there as well, and then have JL 2 further down the line when Discovery is in total control. Then Snyder has also finished his couple of Netflix projects.

Plenty of water under the bridge in 2-3 years time.

I just want a Knightmare Batmobile !! I'd make space for that thing !!

Our Movie Review YT channel has been putting out really good updates. He is a supporter and of course hopeful that JL 2 and 3 are likely in the works, but he’s doing a good job of presenting evidence and making the case, etc.

Maybe Snyder change his references to continue JL, he never said but his primary reference to the Darkseid saga was Morrison's Rock of Ages, maybe now when he spoiled a few things of the original plan he decided to change his reference to an adaptation of Morrison's Final Crisis, it would fit like a charm with his initial narrative where Batman has to die to save the world.

Imagine something like this:
MOS2, jL2:Rock of Ages(intro to Legion of Doom(what causes the knightmare world), save Superman and fight Darkseid in the knighmare world) >>>JL3:Final Crisis(the final fight with Darkseid in the present where Batman dies)

A Batmobile run in the desert that is a Mad Max homage directed by Zack would be a showstopper. The hype over such a trailer would be massive…

Back