Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Darkseid looks amazing! You did a great job on the paintwork!

And not just that, but your whole collection looks absolutely awesome and I love your shelves! They look very neat and tidy and I love how every figure has it's own personal space so to speak, while still being part of a group. A wonderful set up!
Thanks man. I was totally unsure how Darkseid would turn out as I'd never done anything like that before. But I did know that he at least doesn't have human coloured skin, so was a bit easier in that regard. It's really a great sculpt and with so many options with the arms, removable armour etc etc

As far as the shelves I actually designed and made them myself. So a lot of time went into dimensions, best way to achieve it cost effectively etc.

I was never a big Detolfs fan, in fact one of the images that perhaps even got me collecting was a long horizontal display I saw. Definitely prefer that style of layout. Although it is difficult to photograph. :)

I really don't like figures all cramped together. Point in case : Justins Collection. "Less is more as they say". It also helps rationalise the collection to a certain number given the space you have. The risers on the Marvel shelf also help maximise the number of figures in a row without making them too cramped. Although with DC I'll keep it to a single row. With Cyborg and Black Suit Supes it will be maximised. Knightmare Batman, Joker and my BvS Batman are on a lower shelf in their own little area. (Custom Knightmare Batman coat ready and waiting)

Marvel has spaces reserved for Captain Marvel and Black Widow. Guardians for hopefully a Drax 2.0 and Mantis. Iron Man Mk85 Battle Damage will be going next to the Hulkbuster I think. Or in the centre where the Mk 46 is now. That vertical support will be moving right to allow the extra GotG figures. Love those guys !

Then I'll be done with my side collection of Marvel and DC. At least until the next cool thing comes along :)

Star Wars is actually my main love, so I have another 2 similar shelf on the opposite side of the room for Star Wars. Need to take some photos of it.

Here's the main Superhero display.

IMG_3009.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks man. I was totally unsure how Darkseid would turn out as I'd never done anything like that before. But I did know that he at least doesn't have human coloured skin, so was a bit easier in that regard. It's really a great sculpt and with so many options with the arms, removable armour etc etc

As far as the shelves I actually designed and made them myself. So a lot of time went into dimensions, best way to achieve it cost effectively etc.

I was never a big Detolfs fan, in fact one of the images that perhaps even got me collecting was a long horizontal display I saw. Definitely prefer that style of layout. Although it is difficult to photograph. :)

I really don't like figures all cramped together. Point in case : Justins Collection. "Less is more as they say". It also helps rationalise the collection to a certain number given the space you have. The risers on the Marvel shelf also help maximise the number of figures in a row without making them too cramped. Although with DC I'll keep it to a single row. With Cyborg and Black Suit Supes it will be maximised. Knightmare Batman, Joker and my BvS Batman are on a lower shelf in their own little area. (Custom Knightmare Batman coat ready and waiting)

Marvel has spaces reserved for Captain Marvel and Black Widow. Guardians for hopefully a Drax 2.0 and Mantis. Iron Man Mk85 Battle Damage will be going next to the Hulkbuster I think. Or in the centre where the Mk 46 is now. That vertical support will be moving right to allow the extra GotG figures. Love those guys !

Then I'll be done with my side collection of Marvel and DC. At least until the next cool thing comes along :)

Star Wars is actually my main love, so I have another 2 similar shelf on the opposite side of the room for Star Wars. Need to take some photos of it.

View attachment 542118
That's awesome. Your custom shelves look fantastic. Really nice job. I'm not a fan of the detolf look either. I prefer a more organic, open feel to the display.

You collection rocks. If I'd gotten into collecting earlier I'd have Avengers and GotG as well. But by the time I really got into it, getting those figures after they sold out was/is more than I want to pay. (It's bad enough with what I'm paying retail prices for, lol.)

Instead of MCU or Star Wars I pursued Asmus' LotR line to assemble the nine member fellowship of the ring. Next up for me will be Soosoo's Watchmen (hopefully they'll give us the full lineup).

Last edited:

View attachment 542118
Now that is a display! I too am a big fan of a horizontal display. I had it in my previous home, but not now. Now I have three Ikea Billys with glass doors. (Which are becoming cluttered to be honest.) Seeing this motivates me into rearranging my shelves and making some risers. (And finally put some lighting in them).

Again, an absolutely gorgeous display! Can't wait to see your Star Wars one. :duff

What would be the 1/6 height of Darkseid? I'm planning a shelf just in case Hot Toys or a 3rd party makes him.

Thanks guys, yeah I think I got into this game at more or less exactly the right time. Managed to miss most of the Sideshow figures, and could quickly catch up with Farmboy Luke. Leia and Obi Wan who I paid maybe $20 more than retail. The rest were normal retail. I think I managed to get Hulk + Banner in a Christmas sale for half price or something. Those days are gone unfortunately.

@The Entity you defintely need to invest in some lighting. It takes the whole thing to another level.

@Alatar yep you've definitely got to pick your line to collect. LotR was very tempting to me, however I also learned of it a bit too late. But that was probably a good thing. However I couldn't resist the Crown Gandalf. I'll probably see what they do for the Crown line, but space becomes the biggest issue. Plus I'm pretty happy with DC. Marvel and Star Wars.

Star Wars next year is going to be bit out of control. A new SW show essentially every week !

What would be the 1/6 height of Darkseid? I'm planning a shelf just in case Hot Toys or a 3rd party makes him.
He's a bit taller than Hot Toys Thanos if you have him.

My Darkseid is 1/6 scale, and he comes in at around 41cm.(he's a big boy). For reference my top shelf is 44,5cm, so I managed to luck out there.

That's awesome Gary !! I wasn't meaning "really expensive" in a bad way. I'm totally with you. If something is important and cool to you, what's that worth ? The headsculpt and paint looks excellent !!

I recently bought a 3rd party Darkseid moulded figure which I had to paint myself for several hundred bucks which I thought was a risk. No idea how the quality was going to be, or if my painting would be up to scratch. But I wanted that Darkseid so bad I decided to spend the money and painted it myself. I'm now so happy with it.

Hot Toys could come out with one at some point down the road, but I reckon mine is just as good.

Here's a few snaps with the phone. Bright LED lights have blown a few of them out a bit. But you get the idea I hope.

P.S DC > Marvel :) they get the top shelf !! :rotfl

Just waiting on Cyborg of course, as well as Black Suit Superman and Knightmare Bats.

View attachment 541741View attachment 541742View attachment 541743View attachment 541744View attachment 541745View attachment 541746View attachment 541747

@Hoody999 where can one order the 3D printed resin Darkseid you have?

Dune already had a famously failed adaptation, and the director's prior attempt at a big franchise blockbuster, Blade Runner 2049, was a notorious box office bomb (which is a shame, because it's a great movie). Waiting to see how it goes before committing to the sequel is not the crazy move some made it out to be.

Stumbled upon this the other day. Seems to be updated for the Snyder Cut.

If anyone hasn't seen it. Can only imagine how different it was between being on set for everyone with Snyder vs Wheedon.

Ben Affleck reportedly tried to get the other actors to walk off the set. Presumably to wait until Snyder could return, as thats the only thing I can see that would make sense in that scenario.

Ben Affleck reportedly tried to get the other actors to walk off the set. Presumably to wait until Snyder could return, as thats the only thing I can see that would make sense in that scenario.
Good on him. I guess the others were younger and too scared to not get paid or ruin their careers ??

Seems it all worked out well in the end....

TBH the others don't seem to have had the same problems Fisher did. Gadot was threatened by Whedon but has said multiple times it got taken care of in private and that she was satisfied with the outcome. The shoot sucked but that's probably nothing too out of the ordinary in Hollywood; it's really telling how quiet the rest of the cast was in comparison to Fisher. Maybe it's because this was his first movie or whatever.

TBH the others don't seem to have had the same problems Fisher did. Gadot was threatened by Whedon but has said multiple times it got taken care of in private and that she was satisfied with the outcome. The shoot sucked but that's probably nothing too out of the ordinary in Hollywood; it's really telling how quiet the rest of the cast was in comparison to Fisher. Maybe it's because this was his first movie or whatever.
I suggest to have a look how much they cut Fisher and other people of colour (Iris West etc) out of the movie. ZSJL is also been described as Cyborgs origin film. Snyder has said he is the heart of the movie.

So to have all that removed, and to be discriminated against, I'd be pretty p'd off as well. Imagine it was you. You're single big chance at an acting career and they cut out your performance, treat you like crap for the re-shoots and whatever else happened. Big Hollywood chances don't come along like that very often.

As far as the others Gadot had the power of Jenkins behind her and a big hit with WW1 which was fresh in WB's mind. She had leverage. Mamoa was well into Aquaman (and arguably then key to WB's new plan), so he had sort of leverage too. Even though at that point the to be $1B success of Aquaman wasn't known. Cavill of course had proven himself, and Affleck had his own personal issues.

The bigger point however, as you say is "the shoot sucked but that's probably nothing too out of the ordinary in Hollywood".

So that makes it OK ?? Should men like Wheadon be able to go on like that ?? Just because it's "normal" in Hollywood ?

Fisher made a stand, and was willing to sacrifice it all for change in the industry. To give others strength to speak out. Do you think WB would have fired and gotten rid of Wheadon had Fisher not made a stand ?? No of course not.

Have you read about the Buffy Vampire cast stories about Wheadon ??

As you can see it goes way beyond just Fisher "whining".

I suggest to have a look how much they cut Fisher and other people of colour (Iris West etc) out of the movie. ZSJL is also been described as Cyborgs origin film. Snyder has said he is the heart of the movie.

So to have all that removed, and to be discriminated against, I'd be pretty p'd off as well. Imagine it was you. You're single big chance at an acting career and they cut out your performance, treat you like crap for the re-shoots and whatever else happened. Big Hollywood chances don't come along like that very often.

As far as the others Gadot had the power of Jenkins behind her and a big hit with WW1 which was fresh in WB's mind. She had leverage. Mamoa was well into Aquaman (and arguably then key to WB's new plan), so he had sort of leverage too. Even though at that point the to be $1B success of Aquaman wasn't known. Cavill of course had proven himself, and Affleck had his own personal issues.

The bigger point however, as you say is "the shoot sucked but that's probably nothing too out of the ordinary in Hollywood".

So that makes it OK ?? Should men like Wheadon be able to go on like that ?? Just because it's "normal" in Hollywood ?

Fisher made a stand, and was willing to sacrifice it all for change in the industry. To give others strength to speak out. Do you think WB would have fired and gotten rid of Wheadon had Fisher not made a stand ?? No of course not.

Have you read about the Buffy Vampire cast stories about Wheadon ??

As you can see it goes way beyond just Fisher "whining".
Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I said it was just Fisher whining. I didn't. I said that the other actors don't seem to have the same chip on their shoulders about it and have moved on. That's the business sometimes. Fisher absolutely should've spoken out about it, but it's the continued obsession he still has that's probably what cost him more than anything. He's the only one of the cast still fighting about it 4 years later, while everyone else was fine moving on and working with Hamada.

I think this coming at a time when #BLM and #MeToo both took off should not be overlooked. Hollywood really got shaken up when all those women sought justice regarding Harvey Weinstein. With Josstice League it's a different type of abuse, but it's still abuse. And as I said Black Lives Matter was a major social event. As a black man Ray may have felt he needed to take a stand. Others among the cast may not have felt as strongly about it for their own various reasons. And perhaps Ray is comparatively more oriented toward activism as a person than they are.

Last edited:
Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I said it was just Fisher whining. I didn't. I said that the other actors don't seem to have the same chip on their shoulders about it and have moved on. That's the business sometimes. Fisher absolutely should've spoken out about it, but it's the continued obsession he still has that's probably what cost him more than anything. He's the only one of the cast still fighting about it 4 years later, while everyone else was fine moving on and working with Hamada.
Someone being mistreated and having a bad reaction to the mistreatment is having a “chip on their shoulder” now?
That’s a weird take.

Someone being mistreated and having a bad reaction to the mistreatment is having a “chip on their shoulder” now?
That’s a weird take.
No, as I said, by all accounts Whedon was a ****** and got what he deserved. Geoff Johns is similarly no longer in charge of DC's films and hasn't been for a while. It's the continued vendetta against Emmerich and Hamada a year later to the detriment of his own career that I'd call a chip on the shoulder. Everyone else on the cast has moved on and is fine working under the new regime.

Back