Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. JJ gets a lot of unnecessary hate. He is fantastic at starting franchises and never sticks around long enough to ruin them.

The first Star Trek was awesome and a great reinvention. Force Awakens was a fantastic correcting of the ship for Star Wars and really had all the potential to be something special. It?s not his fault Johnson threw out his outline and intentionally broke everything set up to ?dEfy eXPecTAtioN?

The funny thing about all of this Warner and Snyder is that if you dont make what the fans want they will just riot on twitter just like they did against Godzilla vs Kong, ZSJL fans only wanted the true ending to the Snyderverse, they were willing to pay for the content knowing that the Flash movie would reboot the whole DC cinematic universe like it was planned since MOS.

Im really curious what the heck they would do with this rumoured ?reboot? we really getting a new batman it would be extremely Jarring? Flash really could kill the franchise.

Also with this new Merger, depending who heads WB, could and will likely change the suture line ups. CEO rarely stick to previous plans as if bad they get unfairly blamed and if great they won?t very credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. JJ gets a lot of unnecessary hate. He is fantastic at starting franchises and never sticks around long enough to ruin them.

The first Star Trek was awesome and a great reinvention. Force Awakens was a fantastic correcting of the ship for Star Wars and really had all the potential to be something special. It?s not his fault Johnson threw out his outline and intentionally broke everything set up to ?dEfy eXPecTAtioN?

Im really curious what the heck they would do with this rumoured ?reboot? we really getting a new batman it would be extremely Jarring? Flash really could kill the franchise.

Also with this new Merger, depending who heads WB, could and will likely change the suture line ups. CEO rarely stick to previous plans as if bad they get unfairly blamed and if great they won?t very credit

Dude JJ just remake ANH, he had 0 creative narrative in TFA, all the things people don't like in TLJ is the consequence of what he did with TFA, Johnson only answered the questions JJ left but he could not change things that JJ had stablished in the beginning.

If you look closely, RJ made all of what JJ stablished better and cohesive with all the Star Wars mythology.

I really like what Abrams did with his two Star Trek films (Into Darkness Khan for villain and Cumberbatch being an odd casting choice not dealbreakers for me). An unpopular attitude but I don’t care a whit about Star Wars, so no dog in that fight. (Incidentally I do really like the Mandalorian though.)

But I’m certainly not bothered by Abrams not directing a DC film. I just want to see Zack finish the five film saga. Everything else in the works for DC films I’m either turned off by or indifferent to.

I really like what Abrams did with his two Star Trek films (Into Darkness Khan for villain and Cumberbatch being an odd casting choice not dealbreakers for me). An unpopular attitude but I don?t care a whit about Star Wars, so no dog in that fight. (Incidentally I do really like the Mandalorian though.)

But I?m certainly not bothered by Abrams not directing a DC film. I just want to see Zack finish the five film saga. Everything else in the works for DC films I?m either turned off by or indifferent to.

While I definitely want to see more of the apocalypse world, some of what I heard plot wise I actually hated. But I assume the story would change since Snyder already revealed that plan.

The elements I hate are SPOILER:

The fact that Batman got Lois Lane pregnant, after Supes death.
Louise is zapped by Darkside, while Batman was there.
Darkside using the anti-life equation convinces superman it was Bats fault.

The timeline is fixed because Flash travels back before Louis dies to tell Bruce it?s his child. Which gives him the motivation sacrifice himself to save Lois. (The joker alludes to this in ZSJL)

Fast forward to the future, Batmans son becomes the new Batman.

?-
I mean wow, I hate it. And im a huge fan of MOS,BVS and ZSJL

While I definitely want to see more of the apocalypse world, some of what I heard plot wise I actually hated. But I assume the story would change since Snyder already revealed that plan.

The timeline is fixed because Flash travels back before Louis dies to tell Bruce it?s his child. Which gives him the motivation sacrifice himself to save Lois. (The joker alludes to this in ZSJL)

?-

Spoiler:

My friend and I discussed that very same thing. I?m also a Snyder fan but I hate all those elements you mentioned.
With alll the ?she?s my world?, and Lois being dead inside and Martha /Martian manhunter needing to tell her to be alive again, it would be a stupid idea
With all the focus on Superman and Lois? love for each other, for her to have an affair with Bruce.
Oh, and Batman also dies in the end.

I do like the idea of 20 years later, a new Batman. Bruce?s son, maybe even with Diana to be the new Batman.
One of the justice league cartoons teased a lot of wonderwoman flirting with Batman.

But, we also need to consider this is a rough and early draft and ithat his ideas might have changed a lot once he did BvS and JL.

Spoiler:

My friend and I discussed that very same thing. I?m also a Snyder fan but I hate all those elements you mentioned.
With alll the ?she?s my world?, and Lois being dead inside and Martha /Martian manhunter needing to tell her to be alive again, it would be a stupid idea
With all the focus on Superman and Lois? love for each other, for her to have an affair with Bruce.
Oh, and Batman also dies in the end.

I do like the idea of 20 years later, a new Batman. Bruce?s son, maybe even with Diana to be the new Batman.
One of the justice league cartoons teased a lot of wonderwoman flirting with Batman.

But, we also need to consider this is a rough and early draft and ithat his ideas might have changed a lot once he did BvS and JL.

Yeah Zack has said that story board was the original original idea, but many things have changed. He has a newer updated plan which he would never share. Where I'm sure those points, especially the Bruce / Louis thing have changed. Especially how JL ended.

So I feel fine that that story will be the improved version.......when we get JL2 :lol

?-

The Batman\Lois son was something that was dropped before the production of BVS, he actually said that in one of his interviews.

Batman could not do much to stop Darkside, but the thing is that he would fail to protect her after promissing Clark that she would be safe in the batcave and Superman after her death in a moment of dispair would fall under Darkside antilife equasion and blame Batman for Lois death.

I dont like the ideia of Lois and Clark son to become the new Batman, but all of this was planned by Snyder to be erased by the original Flashpoint movie.

Too soon?

Zack Snyder's original Justice League 2 storyboards are brought to life in a full-motion comic film. With new original art by Mariano De Venezia & VFX artist Luis Bedregal. Narration by Ray Porter.

Based on The Original Storyboards by Zack Snyder, Jim Lee, and Geoff Johns: The Dreamscapes of Zack Snyder's Justice League.

JL.MotionComic.Reveal-1920x1080.jpg

Too soon?

Zack Snyder's original Justice League 2 storyboards are brought to life in a full-motion comic film. With new original art by Mariano De Venezia & VFX artist Luis Bedregal. Narration by Ray Porter.

Based on The Original Storyboards by Zack Snyder, Jim Lee, and Geoff Johns: The Dreamscapes of Zack Snyder's Justice League.

View attachment 530632
SnyderVerse will never die :lol

Too soon?

View attachment 530632
I just hope it doesn't muddy the water. i.e in particular the Louis and Batman angle.

I hope it doesn't turn people off or confuse them when/if JL2 live action is on the table.

Although on the positive side I guess it's a good sounding board for what's good/liked and what isn't. Cool that Ray Porter is involved. No doubt Zack was also somewhat involved or part of some discussion. They are smart people, so should continue it going by what happened in ZSJL.

If successful. More ammo for live action JL2 down the road perhaps.

Last edited:
Too soon?

View attachment 530632
Holy cease and desist, Batman!

Wow. The expectations in this thread are a bit funny. First it is DC. Second Star Wars and Marvel have characters that will sell far more than a one minute scene. Three the Twitterverse/Tumblrverse that is propping this movie up is known for being cheap (see Star Wars ST Hot Toys). Four the Leto Joker didn’t sell all that great no idea why they would revisit it for the cringey reach around version. Five the designs are ugly.
Ahhh... four months later and I’m still right.

Too soon?

View attachment 530632
When, where, what?!

Ahhh... four months later and I’m still right.

To be fair the expectations were based on the assumption that since ZSJL actually got released (amazingly) that it was viable for continuation of the five film saga on HBO Max, most likely in the form of miniseries for JL 2 and 3. And it did seem very plausible for a time that HBO Max was behind that, given that Greenblatt, Reilly, and Kilar pushed to get ZSJL released. That all made sense. (Snyder haters will of course scoff at that but whatever.) Zack had created the excellent Tom Waits "Time" mother box montage video as the intro for said miniseries. But as we know that never came to pass because it was too legally complicated and expensive to pay everyone for the miniseries after they had already been paid for the released 2017 film. But anyway, those hopes were obviously dashed on the hard rocks of reality with Ann Sarnoff's message via Variety, obviously written even before the movie released!

Last edited:
When, where, what?!
Probably nowhere because it's really unlikely the IP holder allows them to go ahead with this.

It's like those people who make fan games, make a big deal of announcing them, and then have their project cancelled when Nintendo or someone else steps in and threatens legal action.

Whoops.

E6jx0FuX0AEVN9j

This fanbase has some truly incredible artists too. Wonder why they weren't recruited for this.

If the team making this motion comic got the blessing of DC Comics and the artists then it's fine. It's reportedly for charity, i.e., AFSP. If they didn't then evidently they didn't think it through well enough.

If the team making this motion comic got the blessing of DC Comics and the artists then it's fine. It's reportedly for charity, i.e., AFSP. If they didn't then evidently they didn't think it through well enough.
Exactly. People need to think a bit before they do stuff. Just because somethings for charity doesn't mean you can do anything.

Am surprised Ray Porter got caught up in it. He should have known better to ask about the details.

To be honest I still believe it was not a good idea in the first place. Just muddy's the water and confuses things for people imo, and also gives WB more than enough opportunities to use as ammunition against the ZSJL fanbase.

Just concentrate on petitioning for the real JL2 people.

Last edited:
Back