Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you all read this ?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...overy-att-deal-ceo-stankey-zaslav-1234954116/

Quote from new CEO

"Zaslav also seemed aware of some of the criticism WarnerMedia has faced in recent months from high-profile Hollywood talent, many of whom felt blindsided by the decision to release Warner Bros. films on HBO Max the same day they were released in theaters.
The Discovery CEO said that his “number one priority” will be building “relationships with the creative community,” and that he planned to spend time in Los Angeles, New York, and anywhere else that the talent the company works with are based."

Emmerich was heavily involved in the day & date decision and is the one actively destroying relationships with creatives.

Doesn't look good for him, but with $20 billion to spend on new content maybe the Snyderverse could have just got an injection of hope ??

Have you all read this ?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...overy-att-deal-ceo-stankey-zaslav-1234954116/

Quote from new CEO

"Zaslav also seemed aware of some of the criticism WarnerMedia has faced in recent months from high-profile Hollywood talent, many of whom felt blindsided by the decision to release Warner Bros. films on HBO Max the same day they were released in theaters.
The Discovery CEO said that his ?number one priority? will be building ?relationships with the creative community,? and that he planned to spend time in Los Angeles, New York, and anywhere else that the talent the company works with are based."

Emmerich was heavily involved in the day & date decision and is the one actively destroying relationships with creatives.

Doesn't look good for him, but with $20 billion to spend on new content maybe the Snyderverse could have just got an injection of hope ??
Maybe, but will have to wait and see...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sure, no guarantees. It's the long game now until the dust settles, merger happens, jobs are worked out etc etc.
Not putting the hopes too high tho..
By the time the dust settles, the actors would have gone on doing other things...
But never say never tho..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Matt Jarbo as usual takes it too far, but the other day he made an observation I agree with which is that every time a new exec arrives on the scene regarding the DC IPs the Snyderverse fandom is like “in ___ we trust”—and they end up failing us. It’s hopeful that Zaslav is saying this new company will nurture a supportive relationship with creatives. But for all we know that’s just BS geared towards investors designed to try to repair the negative perception that WB has done such a horrible job at it with such abysmal results, whereas Netflix does support creatives and has gotten spectacular results. I mean, Zack Snyder is an exemplar of that right now. Obviously Zaslav is keenly aware of that. So I’ll keep my fingers crossed. But fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Matt Jarbo as usual takes it too far, but the other day he made an observation I agree with which is that every time a new exec arrives on the scene regarding the DC IPs the Snyderverse fandom is like ?in ___ we trust??and they end up failing us. It?s hopeful that Zaslav is saying this new company will nurture a supportive relationship with creatives. But for all we know that?s just BS geared towards investors designed to try to repair the negative perception that WB has done such a horrible job at it with such abysmal results, whereas Netflix does support creatives and has gotten spectacular results. I mean, Zack Snyder is an exemplar of that right now. Obviously Zaslav is keenly aware of that. So I?ll keep my fingers crosse. But fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Yea, the ?fandom ? really took this merger the wrong way. I feel bad for the new guy will have to deal with this ****.

So people are saying this spells doom for the DCEU, but surely if it'll be under new management that's far better than under the current management, at least more hopeful - after all, this management hasn't declared ZSJL a cul-de-sac.

Yea, the ?fandom ? really took this merger the wrong way. I feel bad for the new guy will have to deal with this ****.

Sure I agree with you guys, nothing is guaranteed at all. But I choose to be quietly optimistic for the next year or so it takes to get this worked out.

I see it as any new boss wants to make change for the better. It wouldn't be very hard at all to come to a couple of easy conclusions as far as WB is concerned. It's all pretty well documented. :lol The new CEO has already said his #1 priority is to re-build “relationships with the creative community”. i.e Nolan, Villeneuve, Snyder ?? that also includes actors....

Sure it could be PR, but if you say something big in the press like that you need to follow through in one way or another. It has the benefit of also making you the darling of old school Hollywood if Nolan and other big names say that's the guy that fixed things. So I think he will walk the talk.

The whole situation of the fanbase and Snyder had become personal with Emmerich etc. So what we saw with WB "dealing with it" was essentially like pouring fuel on a fan fire.

Any logical person (without personal stakes) would simply turn the situation to their advantage. Give the customer what they want and use the positive outcome to benefit the studio going forward. The old win-win. And as they say "The customer is always right".

All they need to do is make JL 2 & 3 and most of the Snydercut fanbase would be satisfied I think. We'd probably get a Hot Toys Darkseid maybe a Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern Hot Toys and we'd all be happy campers.

In any case this will take a while, and like many have said, nothing is guaranteed.

They have stated they want to spend $10 billion (that's 10,000 million by the way) on new content to satisfy the fans/customers and bring back directors and talent that the current regime has successfully turned away.

Sure, that's not all on WB stuff. There are all the Discovery and other channels etc as well, but that's a big amount of money.

It'll definitely be an interesting thing to watch. But as it always did, the chances of the SnyderVerse still centre around Emmerich and if he goes or stays.

So people are saying this spells doom for the DCEU, but surely if it'll be under new management that's far better than under the current management, at least more hopeful - after all, this management hasn't declared ZSJL a cul-de-sac.

That's assuming that Hamada, Sarnoff and the others would all go as well and that any hypothetical new team would have any more interest in restoring the Snyderverse. We literally just went through this when AT&T took over and everyone had pinned their hopes on Jason Kilar.

That's assuming that Hamada, Sarnoff and the others would all go as well and that any hypothetical new team would have any more interest in restoring the Snyderverse. We literally just went through this when AT&T took over and everyone had pinned their hopes on Jason Kilar.

True, very true. But putting into perspective without that merger then ZSJL definitely would never have happened. So possibilities at least, in some form or another.

True, very true. But putting into perspective without that merger then ZSJL definitely would never have happened. So possibilities at least, in some form or another.

true but ZSJL also only happened b/c HBO Max really needed new and original content to drive up subscriber numbers and ZSJL was something they not only had access to if they wanted it (which we know they did) but it was something a large majority were craving to see. That desire for ZSJL would help drive up subscriber count and make them more money. At the end of the day, they don't care about the fans, they care about the amount of money they could make off the fans and ZSJL was a sure fire way for them to make money. Now that they've made that money, they're keeping subscribers (for now) b/c of the day of movie releases. If HBO Max was doing fine, numbers wise, I don't think we would've seen ZSJL b/c WB/ATT wouldn't of needed the subscribers or money that it brought in. Zach has now mentioned a few times that it wasn't a pleasant experience to finish JL, at least on the WB exec side. They begrudgingly allowed his movie to be finished b/c they needed him and the movie.

What I’m going to say is counterintuitive but I think what happened with WB’s reaction to Zack Snyder was in fact not money-driven at all, but rather corporate culture/ideology driven. Zack has himself directly confirmed that he holds the belief that WB couldn’t tolerate a fan base having as much control over content as we have demanded with the RTSC movement. I think they see this as a slippery slope and they’re trying to quash it to avoid the fan base being a “tail that wags the dog,” as the saying goes.

If it was only about money they would have run with JL 2 and 3 because ZSJL was clearly a mainstream hit.

What I’m going to say is counterintuitive but I think what happened with WB’s reaction to Zack Snyder was in fact not money-driven at all, but rather corporate culture/ideology driven. Zack has himself directly confirmed that he holds the belief that WB couldn’t tolerate a fan base having as much control over content as we have demanded with the RTSC movement. I think they see this as a slippery slope and they’re trying to quash it to avoid the fan base being a “tail that wags the dog,” as the saying goes.

If it was only about money they would have run with JL 2 and 3 because ZSJL was clearly a mainstream hit.

I think you're totally right Alatar. It clearly became personal. i.e "I'm not going to let those customers/fans tell me what to make".

Anyone with no personal involvement and a normal ego accepting that OK maybe we were wrong, would have been smart enough to give the fans what they want and turn the situation to their advantage.....

Sure, I get it that they probably thought that "giving into fans" would set a precedent, but it shows they are not close to the fans at all, or just not listening or both.

Anyone who has followed this topic even a little bit knows that there are 5 movies and not 3 as WB stated. That's all that fans want, closure of the full 5 film arc with Darkseid defeated and to see the epic struggle the JL needs to go through to get there.

And that's precisely why WB will fail. Not just fail the fans, not just fail their historic IP's, but also fail their shareholders. This is a twisted "the boss is right" mentality that flies in the face of good business. Without a massive heave-ho of the ego maniacal retches at the top, WB will continue to tarnish their brands while maintaining their reputation of being a corporation that craps on its talent. Now their bringing in JJ Abrams- greatest of all IP executioners- to "reboot" DC properties. Yeah. That'll work.

And that's precisely why WB will fail. Not just fail the fans, not just fail their historic IP's, but also fail their shareholders. This is a twisted "the boss is right" mentality that flies in the face of good business. Without a massive heave-ho of the ego maniacal retches at the top, WB will continue to tarnish their brands while maintaining their reputation of being a corporation that craps on its talent. Now their bringing in JJ Abrams- greatest of all IP executioners- to "reboot" DC properties. Yeah. That'll work.

That?s absolutely right. Even Disney was like this. Feigie did such an incredible job he was completely undeniable. In fact he still had struggles all the way up till 2/3 year ago when he got to report directly to Alan Horn Disney CeO.

This is why the TV devision was always separate. So even someone God Tier like Feigie had to fight company culture till he made well over 10 billion dollar movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funny thing about all of this Warner and Snyder is that if you dont make what the fans want they will just riot on twitter just like they did against Godzilla vs Kong, ZSJL fans only wanted the true ending to the Snyderverse, they were willing to pay for the content knowing that the Flash movie would reboot the whole DC cinematic universe like it was planned since MOS.

Now their bringing in JJ Abrams- greatest of all IP executioners- to "reboot" DC properties. Yeah. That'll work.

People keep saying this, not acknowledging there's no basis for it in reality. The man has an extremely successful career as a producer, that's why they payed him so much money in the first place. The only IP you can reasonably claim he "executed" was Star Wars, which has already rebounded and moved on from the sequel trilogy (and whose fatal problems arguably began more with The Last Jedi, which he didn't direct).

Let's put it like this. Rise of Skywalker, a piece of crap movie that supposedly killed the series? It still did significantly better than every DCEU production except Aquaman. It's not really rocket science why there was interest in getting him onboard.

He was given the keys to Star Trek, produced one mildly popular reboot, a middling sequel, before ditching that franchise and making his way to Star Wars where he showcased his ?creativity? by essentially re-doing a New Hope.
Rise of Skywalker was an incompressible mess. Whether that was due to Abrams or the the whims of higher ups is questionable, but if it WAS due to the money people, clearly Abrams isn?t the guy who?s going to step on the toes of the likes of Sarnov, Hamada and the rest.

He was given the keys to Star Trek, produced one mildly popular reboot, a middling sequel, before ditching that franchise and making his way to Star Wars where he showcased his ?creativity? by essentially re-doing a New Hope.
Rise of Skywalker was an incompressible mess. Whether that was due to Abrams or the the whims of higher ups is questionable, but if it WAS due to the money people, clearly Abrams isn?t the guy who?s going to step on the toes of the likes of Sarnov, Hamada and the rest.

So Star Trek, a franchise that has survived past him and Star Wars, which has also survived past him. Not seeing the whole franchise killer angle here. That's what I mean by the online outrage not always being indicative of reality. He's had a lot of success as a producer, which is the capacity he's playing at DC. He's explicitly said he's not interested in directing a DC movie.

Back