Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess one thing I would add about the financial aspect for WBD is that gigantic corporations that size get truly insane tax write-offs and frequently pay $0 federal taxes. I predict that all the debt that Discovery inherited from WB via the merger/acquisition will simply be written off. Poof! Gone.

So I don’t see WBD as financially hard up or desperate or anything. Rather, I think they’re anticipating a sea change in the popularity of superhero films. So they’ll stay in the game and keep making them, but they’regoing to make much more modest investments in that genre, i.e., stick to lower budgets as a rule. And evidently Gunn was able to pitch that successfully. That’s my guess anyway.

Oh, and it’s also my guess that DeLuca and Abdy pitched that there’s still hype for big superhero films if the Snyderverse continues with Zack Snyder returning to complete his saga, Henry Cavill making MoS 2, and Ben Affleck making his solo Batman film. And initially Zaslav and board of directors heeded Deluca and Abdy. But somehow Gunn was able to change people’s mind. And/or analytics showed a decline over the next decade for superhero films, etc.
Well whatever the story is it would be really nice to know the real truth.....not that well ever hear that. But what I mean is I'd love to know all the real details. i.e what sort of money and conditions Cavill was after, what Gunn offered and be in those meetings with Zaslav to know the thinking process.

But in any case taking a huge step back, if Zack is still open to it and he's in contact with DeLuca and Abdey essentially not telling us to go home, then there is still a small hope. That's all I need. They need support, I'll give it. If I could have gone to the screenings I would have.

So all in all I'm patient....I collect Hot Toys.

I ordered one of these for Knightmare Cyborg. It turned out quite well. It took two weeks to arrive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17543162...Wl2liTcRka&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE
PXL_20230329_144603997.PORTRAIT.jpg

Just wanted to share that I started a discussion forum for Zack Snyder’s films. Not just his DC films, but also his past work and his other upcoming projects such as Rebel Moon, Planet of the Dead, and Twilight of the Gods, etc.

https://zacksnyderfilms.proboards.com/
It‘s just starting out so not a lot of posts yet. Only one other person has joined, haha! But I’m looking to create a troll-free space for fans of his movies. It grew out my experience at reddit which has lots of very bitter and caustic Snyder haters. I wanted to create a space where fans can post their appreciation without having the scene spoiled by trolls. Like constructive criticism is cool, no worries to discuss things that you feel could be improved or would prefer to have seen, etc. But the sort of Snyderverse bashing posts one so often sees… this forum isn’t for that.

Oh, and of course there’s a subforum there for DC collectibles to display pics of your 1/6 Snyderverse collection!

I will actively promote this DC Comics forum of collectorfreaks.com there, and hopefully it can generate some cross-pollination.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share that I started a discussion forum for Zack Snyder’s films. Not just his DC films, but also his past work and his other upcoming projects such as Rebel Moon, Planet of the Dead, and Twilight of the Gods, etc.

It‘s just starting out so not a lot of posts yet. Only one other person has joined, haha! But I’m looking to create a troll-free space for fans of his movies. It grew out my experience at reddit which has lots of very bitter and caustic Snyder haters. I wanted to create a space where fans can post their appreciation without having the scene spoiled by trolls. Like constructive criticism is cool, no worries to discuss things that you feel could be improved or would prefer to have seen, etc. But the sort of Snyderverse bashing posts one so often sees… this forum isn’t for that.

Oh, and of course there’s a subforum there for DC collectibles to display pics of your 1/6 Snyderverse collection!

I will actively promote this DC Comics forum of collectorfreaks.com there, and hopefully it can generate some cross-pollination.
Great idea!

As a fan of his universe, his movies in general, and experiences with his fanbase, this will not end up well. Trust me, its going to be a " Zack snyder is the best and everything else is crap, sell this to netflix., yadda yadda."

As a fan of his universe, his movies in general, and experiences with his fanbase, this will not end up well. Trust me, its going to be a " Zack snyder is the best and everything else is crap, sell this to netflix., yadda yadda."

Well first of all, this is a forum for fans of Zack’s work. It’s created to enjoy, appreciate, and celebrate, and discuss his work. Constructive, civil, and respectful criticism is fine. But if/when someone comes along to obnoxiously crap on what we’re doing they’ll be banned. Free speech entitles a person to make their own discussion forum and say whatever they wish (as long as it’s not breaking the law). It does not grant them the right to come onto someone else‘s private forum and disrupt it.

I’m a mod at Reddit’s r/SnyderCut and r/Snyderverse so I’m familiar with what you mean. I’ve posted in support of Zack Snyder’s films for years on Twitter and at r/DC_Cinematic and I’m very, very familiar with extreme pro-Snyder and anti-Snyder sentiment from that too. I know it well.

Actually the main reason I’m confident that this will work fine is because I’ve done it before successfully. I created such a forum in 2016-2018 and it worked out great. I mean it was genuinely a breath of fresh air for those of us that simply wanted to share our enjoyment of something we love.

What I’ve found is that the higher the visibility and number of users for a social media platform, the higher the incidence of haters showing up to troll--especially for a topic as controversial as Zack Snyder's films. Twitter, reddit, Discord, etc., are platforms that attract hundreds of thousands or even millions of users. Proboards does not, lol! But it is from the high visibility platforms that we’ll attract a growing membership.

I’ve found that a membership of around 50-100 active members is about ideal to have a very active and thriving community. If it’s more than that, then awesome. But 50-100 definitely works out really well. We’ll have that pretty soon, I think.

Last edited:
Back