1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any chance the HT coat will change before release? Pretty sure the prototype they showed was just the original figure.

I'm reluctant to get a custom coats months before I get the figure in hand.
Nah I'd say <1% chance of a change. It's a re-issue. Typically they do not change anything. Which is terrible. I remember I think it was the Nolan Dark Knight Batman they re-issued and it still had all the same issues the first one had. Despite people complaining about it in social media etc.

Perhaps the only potential way would be if they couldn't source the same coat material as they originally had. The Shore Trooper from Mando just released has different pants colour. Probably due to that issue.

I was concerned I might not be able to get one of these coats once the figure released.

Nah I'd say <1% chance of a change. It's a re-issue. Typically they do not change anything. Which is terrible. I remember I think it was the Nolan Dark Knight Batman they re-issued and it still had all the same issues the first one had. Despite people complaining about it in social media etc.

Perhaps the only potential way would be if they couldn't source the same coat material as they originally had. The Shore Trooper from Mando just released has different pants colour. Probably due to that issue.

I was concerned I might not be able to get one of these coats once the figure released.
It wasn't the Dark knight batman but Batman Begins version that is just straight up the same figure as the 2011 toy fair version with the new boots and BW sculpt from the DX19 (which you can say that is a reissue but it might be an improvement over the DX12). Regardless your right most of these will be reissues of past figures. I do wish though HT uses the JL regular suit body for this Batman only because the proportions is better on that body over the BVS one.

It wasn't the Dark knight batman but Batman Begins version that is just straight up the same figure as the 2011 toy fair version with the new boots and BW sculpt from the DX19 (which you can say that is a reissue but it might be an improvement over the DX12). Regardless your right most of these will be reissues of past figures. I do wish though HT uses the JL regular suit body for this Batman only because the proportions is better on that body over the BVS one.
OK fair enough, I'm more a Zack Snyder Batman fan so wasn't so close to the details of others.

However I think you'll probably get some disagreement regarding the JL body. BvS looks so epic and beastly. Sure perhaps muscles bigger than reality, but nothing comics haven't already done ? I for one definitely like the BvS body best.

In fact I even sold my Standard JL Batman because he looked so puny with his flat square pecs compared to Tactical and BvS.

OK fair enough, I'm more a Zack Snyder Batman fan so wasn't so close to the details of others.

However I think you'll probably get some disagreement regarding the JL body. BvS looks so epic and beastly. Sure perhaps muscles bigger than reality, but nothing comics haven't already done ? I for one definitely like the BvS body best.

In fact I even sold my Standard JL Batman because he looked so puny with his flat square pecs compared to Tactical and BvS.

About six months ago I tried selling mine on OSR’s BST but set the price too high at $400 to get even a nibble even though I put in caps OR BEST OFFER, lol. But then again it was incomplete since I’m keeping the Deluxe parademon base and blaster to pair with Tac Suit Batman.

I may try chest modding standard JL Batman. If anything in ZSJL Batman looks muscle-bound as ever, not skinnier. Like the suit’s fitting a bit tight on his torso, lol.

I’m thinking also to have the body repainted to match the colors in ZSJL. The HT figure’s suit is nearly black and in the film it’s more of a bluish gray. The cowl also is in that color territory as well, and in some shots seems to have an a somewhat softer, almost suede-like texture to it.

I really dislike egg shape of the Hot Toys figure’s standard JL cowl, and want to find a really good custom sculpt to replace it that captures this:

81FCA0BA-A3EE-4F55-9D84-CF278BF044F4.jpeg

So in other words I’m going to customize the figure to make it more one of a kind. But still, I’m sure even after doing all that, it’s not going to match BvS Batman. Or SS Batman which I don’t own but I trust from reports of others is a fantastic figure.

Last edited:

I think the body was good especially the legs. And plus it would be on knightmare Batman you won't really see it because of the tactical pants and the coat as it would cover most of it up anyways.

Last edited:

I was concerned I might not be able to get one of these coats once the
OSR member posted a pic comparing Jaxon Xu’s custom coat (left) and Daftoys (right):

View attachment 544374

Again, I’m liking the shinier more weathered patina on the Daftoys version. Still waiting for mine to arrive but at least it has
I doubt very much they’ll change the coat, I’d pick one of these custom ones that are about now as last time the one sixth kit sold out for the 1st knightmare bats it was selling for crazy prices on eBay.

About six months ago I tried selling mine on OSR’s BST but set the price too high at $400 to get even a nibble even though I put in caps OR BEST OFFER, lol. But then again it was incomplete since I’m keeping the Deluxe parademon base and blaster to pair with Tac Suit Batman.

I may try chest modding standard JL Batman. If anything in ZSJL Batman looks muscle-bound as ever, not skinnier. Like the suit’s fitting a bit tight on his torso, lol.

I’m thinking also to have the body repainted to match the colors in ZSJL. The HT figure’s suit is nearly black and in the film it’s more of a bluish gray. The cowl also is in that color territory as well, and in some shots seems to have an a somewhat softer, almost suede-like texture to it.

I really dislike egg shape of the Hot Toys figure’s standard JL cowl, and want to find a really good custom sculpt to replace it that captures this:

View attachment 545669

So in other words I’m going to customize the figure to make it more one of a kind. But still, I’m sure even after doing all that, it’s not going to match BvS Batman. Or SS Batman which I don’t own but I trust from reports of others is a fantastic figure.
Yep…I think you called it on the price being off base. A couple of months ago I picked the deluxe up from an online retailer for around your price, still sealed in the brown shipper and obviously including the deluxe base.
Selling it used without the base when it’s out in the wild, brand new, sealed in the shipper for around the same price probably scared off anyone who was actively hunting.

Yep…I think you called it on the price being off base. A couple of months ago I picked the deluxe up from an online retailer for around your price, still sealed in the brown shipper and obviously including the deluxe base.
Selling it used without the base when it’s out in the wild, brand new, sealed in the shipper for around the same price probably scared off anyone who was actively hunting.
I got a great deal on eBay for the deluxe set, I was looking for the Bruce Wayne sculpt but stuck a bid on the deluxe set & I got it.
think il just part the rest of the set off to pay for itself

Loving the Affleck sculpt on this, had the deluxe before but sold it on & kept the regular. Thanks to a steal on eBay-I got another set.
All I wanted initially was the Affleck sculpt but k got lucky on a bid on eBay.
Selling the base & parademon gun & wrist scanner thing on, tactical batman is the only batman design I don’t have as I just flat out don’t like it.
so no need for them

So for the Daftoys coat with it’s clean triangular cuts at the bottom, I think I’m just going to figure out how to very carefully rough up those clean cuts to make the bottom more naturally tattered and worn. Probably would only need a $10 Tamiya weathering pen in light brown to touch up those cuts. But I’d like to consult with someone I know that makes 1/6 custom leather accessories before trying it. I just know it will bug me until I do that. I worry a little bit about how jagged the bottom is going to be once I mod it to correct those cuts though. A real shame that that Daftoys did this.

DE772A72-D93F-4C96-B160-78BCC547F33A.jpeg

So for the Daftoys coat with it’s clean triangular cuts at the bottom, I think I’m just going to figure out how to very carefully rough up those clean cuts to make the bottom more naturally tattered and worn. Probably would only need a $10 Tamiya weathering pen in light brown to touch up those cuts. But I’d like to consult with someone I know that makes 1/6 custom leather accessories before trying it. I just know it will bug me until I do that. I worry a little bit about how jagged the bottom is going to be once I mod it to correct those cuts though. A real shame that that Daftoys did this.

View attachment 548062
I guess one option would be to cut a straight line along the top of each triangle. Then cut some new vertical tears here and there. Even if some loose threads show it would look realistic.

But I'm still mulling it over as well.

edit : Option B could be getting a pair of scissors like these to cut the bottom hem. Only cost €8 delivered.

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 21.00.39.jpg

But perhaps it would be too much ?? When I look at the prototype the notches are way subtler than the ridiculous cuts we got. Definitely a poor work instruction there !

Last edited:
Back