Your personal Top 10 Whedonville Characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Mal, Spike, Jayne, Willow, Buffy, Anya, Angel, Dawnie, Mr. gordo, Serenity the ship... I like them all except for Riley boring as hell, didn't deserve to get the vampire slayer

Angel was always my favorite. There was just something familiar about a guy who tried to do things right but things just never worked out for him.

Mine would be:
Wesley
Angel
Anya
Spike
Xander
Giles
Lorne
Mal
Wash
Jayne

I was a it tempted to start my own companion thread to this one about least liked characters, but I'm pretty sure every post would just be Riley and Connor.

There is a big misconception about these characters. They are SUPPOSED to not be liked. Riley was supposed to be boring and unexciting. Dawn was supposed to be annoying and useless.
My biggest complaint is under used characters.

Personally there's a difference between characters we're not supposed to like and characters that I really didn't even want to see on screen. I've watched a lot of television shows where I didn't "like" the character but the writing pulled it off such that I still wanted to WATCH the character doing her/his stuff. If a character is so annoying as to be painful and irritating to watch, that's not good. :rolleyes: As much as I loved Buffy, there were moments I just wanted to turn off the tv when Dawn was misbehaving. I could live with Connor, but he ran a very close second on occasion to Dawn. Riley was boring but my finger didn't hover over the 'fast forward' button when I was "bored now", but he's a good looking guy so I suffered thru it. :monkey3

took a sec, but I think I was able to cut it to 10

1) Buffy
2) River
3) Darla
4) Willow
5) Spike
6) Angel
7) Faith
8) Kaylee
9) Mal
10) Illyria

Inara and Wesley were so close

Let's see, I never liked nor watched a lot of buffy, but here's mine:

1. Mal
2. Illyria
3. Angel
4. Darla :love:love:love:love
5. Jayne
6. Faith :love:love:love:love
7. River
8. Lorne
9. Doyle (saw that not a lot of people mentioned him)
10. Inara :love:love

Well, Joss sure knows how to pick the ladies

Yeah, its like he took his favorite female qualities and rolled them each into a character.

Let's see, I never liked nor watched a lot of buffy, but here's mine:

1. Mal
2. Illyria
3. Angel
4. Darla :love:love:love:love
5. Jayne
6. Faith :love:love:love:love
7. River
8. Lorne
9. Doyle (saw that not a lot of people mentioned him)
10. Inara :love:love

Well, Joss sure knows how to pick the ladies

i respect your choices, Nick (including the "loves"). at least you didn't crap in the thread like most non-fans.

Yeah, if you are a non-fan it is nice to see you participate and be serious not just come here to poke fun and make snide comments.

HL2

Yea, it's amazing to me who complex and deep Whedon's characters are without having them be redundant and the same character rehashed on his shows. Great writer he is

Mine would be..

!. Spike
2. Angel
3. Wesley
4. Giles
5. Xander
6. Dru
7. Cordy
8. Buffy
9. Willow
10. Anya

Mine are:
1)Lorne
2)Cordelia
3)Faith
4)Angel
5)Darla
6)Spike
7)Drusilla
8)Fred
9)Willow
10)Wesley
9)Spike

Hey!! just fond this thread. Thought I'd put my two cents in. I'm not a huge fan of all things Whedon, but I am a die-hard Firefly/Serenity fan. I've bought everything I can find based on these characters. So my list is a no brainer.

Capt Malcolm Reynolds
Zoe Washburne
Iara Serra
Jayne Cobb
Kaylee Frye
Dr.Simon Tam
Shepherd Merio Book
River Tam
Hoban "Wash" Washburne
Saffron

Thanks for the chance to post me view.

Grandpa always knows best

excellent list, Grandpa!

Hey!! just fond this thread. Thought I'd put my two cents in. I'm not a huge fan of all things Whedon, but I am a die-hard Firefly/Serenity fan. I've bought everything I can find based on these characters. So my list is a no brainer.

Capt Malcolm Reynolds
Zoe Washburne
Iara Serra
Jayne Cobb
Kaylee Frye
Dr.Simon Tam
Shepherd Merio Book
River Tam
Hoban "Wash" Washburne
Saffron

Thanks for the chance to post me view.

Grandpa always knows best