Your favorite superhero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your favorite superhero?

• Batman

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Superman

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Captain America

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Iron Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thor

• Aquaman

• The Flash

• Green Lantern

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Wolverine

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
I was not expecting that gif after reading that novel. :lol

I'm not a fan of objects giving people their powers, in this case a ring. Also, I feel like his powers are not well defined. I do like the "will" aspect because it leaves the door open for the character to both fail and succeed when necessary. However, I wish they got rid of the rings, and for their power to come from within, kind of like "Ki" in Dragon Ball or "the schwartz" in Space Balls when Yogurt tells Bill Pullman he had the power inside the whole time and the ring was just some price he found in a Cracker Jack box. :lol

If GL was just some magic ********, then that'd have been cheaper IMO. The whole point is that he gets done whatever he gets done because of his innate quality; his Will. The Ring is the crutch that takes him Universal. It's a Sci-Fi story where this guy gets this super-duper-ultimate weapon, but only because of attributes. If he was just another Superman light, it'd not have the same punch to it. It is a PowerFantasy of sorts, sure. Aliens just giving you a super-weapon because you're special, but "cuz he b speshul" is the origin of 95% of comic book characters. I like GL because of the core concept (space cop with the world's greatest weapon), the setting (literally existence) and the "heart" of it, which comes to "your will is your greatest weapon". It's a different "moral" than the average cape**** which never goes beyond "like, b, just like, gud".

Still no votes for Iron Man, Wolverine or Thor is surprising. Of course the site is bereft of life these days so that could be the reason.

Decided to vote for Captain America myself. Loved him in the MCU. Still waiting on a decent figure of him though. Might go for the Endgame ''2012'' version. Likeness still isn't really there but I like the bright colours of the outfit.

Spiderman. The greatest hero of all time. The most relatable. Just a great and well written character who grows into the roll of being a hero and hopefully will someday pass it down to miles so he can start a family.

Heroes
1) Last Son of Kyrpton
2) Spiderman
3) Flash
4) Captain America
5) Green Lantern
6) God of Thunder

Anti heroes
1) The Dark Knight
3) The World Breaker
4) Wolverine
5) Deadpool
6) Punisher
7) Venom
8) Black Adam

Honorable mentions
Blade
Magneto

Cosmic (Neutral/ or Change in character from villain to hero)
1) Silver Surfer
2) Guardians of Galaxy
3) Loki

Combined List

1) The Last Sun of Kypton
2) The Dark Knight
3) The Webslinger
4) The World-breaker
5) The Fastest Man Alive
6) The Weapon X
7) Capsicle
8) Highball- aka the Fighter Pilot with a special ring
9) The God of Hammers
10) Sky-Rider of the Spaceways
11)The Merc with a Mouth (i had to put him in this list somewhere i liked his movies too much to exclude him lol)

Most powerful team
A team: Last Son, Sky-Rider, The World Breaker, God of Hammers, Fastest Man Alive, Highball, Capsicle, Weapon X, Black Adam (both teams)

Most Vicious Team
B Team: Dark Knight, Merc with a Mouth, Punisher, Guardians, Loki, Venom, blade, Black Adam (both teams), Magneto

Heroes
1) Last Son of Kyrpton
2) Spiderman
3) Flash
4) Captain America
5) Green Lantern
6) God of Thunder

Anti heroes
1) The Dark Knight
2) Wolverine
3) Deadpool
4) Punisher
5) Venom
6) Black Adam

Honorable mentions
7) Blade
8) Magneto

Cosmic (Neutral/ or Change in character from villain to hero)
1) Silver Surfer
2) Guardians of Galaxy
3) Loki

Combined List

1) The Last Sun of Kypton
2) The Dark Knight
3) The Webslinger
4) The World-breaker
5) The Fastest Man Alive
6) The Weapon X
7) Capsicle
8) Highball- aka the Fighter Pilot with a special ring
9) The God of Hammers
10) Sky-Rider of the Spaceways
11)The Merc with a Mouth (i had to put him in this list somewhere i liked his movies too much to exclude him lol)

Most powerful team
A team: Last Son, Sky-Rider, The World Breaker, God of Hammers, Fastest Man Alive, Highball, Capsicle, Weapon X, Black Adam (both teams)

Most Vicious Team
B Team: Dark Knight, Merc with a Mouth, Punisher, Guardians, Loki, Venom, blade, Black Adam (both teams), Magneto

TMI. :D

Also, how did Hulk make your combined list when you omitted him from all the others? :lol

Superman is doing well despite not having a movie since 1978. :lol

4glhkz.jpg

Batman, Iron Man,and Wolverine were on my pull list from my comics store since the late 80s.

Batman, obviously had the benefit of one of the biggest blockbuster movies of all time.

But never in a million years could my 11 year old self have imagined that someday Iron Man and Wolverine would also be household names. I still kind of miss when they were strictly for us comic nerds.

A few years later I became obsessed with this badass cyborg named Cable and the quirky assassin called Deadpool. There's another case where I never would have believed how it turned out.

Captain Marvel!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

:lol Well in some seriousness, CM is the more recent superhero(heroine) I've come to really like. :)

Spider-Man is probably my ultimate favorite, and of course the 2002 film introduced me to the character and catapulted my imagination with other superheroes from different comics. The Punisher is also one of my most favs.

Superman will always be my favorite superhero of all time.

Coming to this thread years later, I have to say, I'd not put Hal Jordan that high. I did so because I wanted him to have some votes since he used to be in my Top 5. I'd probably go with a more true answer, Iron Man from the choices provided. I still love Hal, but the franchise has been so thoroughly mishandled and Morrison ended up being a flop, that I'm not as interested anymore. And that Top 5? I don't know what I was thinking (probably wanted more diversity of types there, with some anti-heroes and the such thrown in). Then again I work on "phases" and my likes/dislikes come and go. I wish I was more consistent...

Last edited:
Lol, I blame Captain Action for setting me on the path of this crazy hobby as an adult.
Same here. I received my first one around 1968. I had all the outfits, but only one Captain Action. Fortunately, I have three brothers who don’t share my superhero affinity. I would commandeer their CA bodies for my other outfits…and then they would all beat the crap out of Dr Evil. Also some great memories of climbing out onto the roof of our house in order to get the most out of that big ass parachute Captain Action came with. It’s a miracle that any male child from back then ever made it to adulthood. Most of the toys we owned could literally lead to your death.

Back