1/6 Young Rich - Erik Killmonger (Mercenary) 1/6 Figure (BLACK PANTHER)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisstbh

Thrawnald McDonald
Reaction score
Just went up. Looks alright, better than their Homelander at least. Hands looks kinda crap though.

cCMvS9X.png

8kiD0nT.png

Qb8V4w1.png

00lslFB.png

l6zNTYZ.png

tkmh43l.png

cCMvS9X.png

DVkWS3W.png

Estimated Release date: 2021 Quarter 2-3 (March-September)

Production Description:

Head sculpture and body accessories:
★ Calm expression x 1
★ Replacement hairstyle x3 pieces
★ Eric's special body x1
★ Hand x4 pairs

Clothing accessories pt.1
★ White T-shirt x1
★ Denim jacket x1
★ Pants x1 pair
★ Glasses x1
★ Bead necklace x2 pieces
★ hiking boots x1 pair

Clothing accessories pt.2
★ Blue long-sleeved t-shirt x1
★ Tactical vest x1 piece (including breastplate and shoulder armor)
★ Tactical belt x1
★ Camouflage overalls x1
★ Necklace and ring x1
★ Army boots x1 pair

Other Accessories
★ Mask x1
★ Pistol x1pcs Magazine x3pcs
★ Grenade x2 pieces Safety buckle x1 pieces Dagger x1 pieces
★ grenade gun x1 piece grenade x1 piece magazine x5 piece
★ Modeling platform x1 piece

Kinda looks like Marlon Wayans. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G975W 發送

Does look really good, I think the dafttoys tactical outfit might be a little better. Though, it is great to finally have options for a tactical kiilmonger! Also I notice they put on their images his actual name and black panther?? Guess hot toys doesn't own the rights to the movie anymore?

His body seems pretty long compared to his legs...

Every single body that they have used for their figures, have been weird and bad in terms of proportions. I'm not sure what people see in the figures they make to be honest. They don't look good to me at all.

This Killmonger figure looks better but you still see the same problem. It just looks so stumpy and like a 1/12 scale figure.

115910791_324483745256995_5793696686161672608_o_1024x1024@2x.jpg

O1CN01sMc0xo29lVrza49Hb__188298108.jpg

1_fb2d42c1-4f16-446b-bbc2-6ee57e921e0a_1024x1024.jpg

Also I notice they put on their images his actual name and black panther??
That jumped right out at me as odd.

As for the figure, I'll wait to see what the Daftoys one looks like. This one looks decent, though after spending all this time looking at the Maxnut HS, this one looks really average. And agree, the body does look like it's weirdly proportioned. Still, lots of stuff there to use for a kitbash.

Every single body that they have used for their figures, have been weird and bad in terms of proportions. I'm not sure what people see in the figures they make to be honest. They don't look good to me at all.

I imagine with something like this you are buying the sculpt and clothing, with the intention of bashing something better

The torso definitely looks too long (or conversely, the legs too short). A couple of leg extenders may be all that's needed to fix that. Still, as I already have the Maxnut sculpt to use with this look, I'll shop & compare this to the Daftoys version and order the best looking one.

Screenshot_2020-12-30  Michael B Jordan Erik Killmonger Black Panther Man-Ape Marvel png for Fr.jpeg

This has so much potential but everything looks odd. Straps on the vest are oversized and thick, and even the rifle looks clunky.

Looks more like a shoddy 1/12 blown up to 1/6.

I wonder how much of this has to do with bad posing, and maybe it's not as out of proportion as it looks. Like look at the shirtless picture...why would you pose that with the waist of the pants under the waist of the figure? It looks terrible, and makes the whole upper body look odd.

This is out now. Here's the only video I've seen of it so far. It's just a quick unboxing without any commentary, but it gives a halfway decent look at him. I imagine a few reviews will pop up in the next week. It will be interesting to compare this to the Daftoys version - if that ever gets released.

Got my YR Killmonger in today. I have to say, when I preordered this, I was expecting maybe a foundation I could work with for a custom, but the solicit pics looked rough and I figured I was in for a lot of work.

I was blown away to open the box this morning and find a figure that, by and large, looked pretty damned good. The shoulders were fixed, the body is better (and super heavy/solid), the pants are better, the sculpt looks great... Overall much closer to where I'd want it than I was anticipating.

I did repaint the chest/back armor with a metallic, and did some weathering. Fortunately, the armor is a separate piece held on by velcro, so it was super easy to pop off and repaint, without having to take the whole vest off.

Futzing took a while- it's not as bad as the Crossbones figure we got, but there are a good amount of pieces.

Anyway, wanted to post a pic for anyone who was on the fence (understandably) about the figure based on the solicit/preorder pics.

YR_Killmonger.jpg

Back