Yoda's Hut: Magnum Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j14

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw this on Facebook today.

It will retail for $255 plus shipping.

It's by Magnum Toys.

d4f9439b437af11316c009393ed899d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
b101990e76e2d9b01982c60fd3f7db8b.jpg
920fb07f088edfcc5afbc1b0bd29f30a.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'd have imagined Sideshow would make more, before someone came along and recasted theirs.

With something this large, fragile, and so many accessories, I wouldn't trust a bootleg outfit on it.

I don't think this is a recast. It could have started as one, it's hard to tell by the few pics on their website. It also looks like there is no light up feature at this time, if there is I don't see it on their site.

I don't know of any american distributors for this either.

Even If sideshow rereleased this, they would want $800 plus for it.

yeah this would be good for the folks that never got there hands on the SS version. I did manage to get ahold of the ss version a few years ago so I`m good on this.

I don't think this is a recast. It could have started as one, it's hard to tell by the few pics on their website.

Looks really small, would Luke even fit in it? is it a straight copy of Sideshows? doesnt look right

RecastHut.jpg

I might have been a bit hasty in my assessment. Maybe it's not a straight recast, but it's clearly based on Sideshow's. Wacky floorplan and completely underscaled, with none of the detail from SSC's version. They also seemed to mimic the original's accessories.

It's like it's their own interpretation of Sideshow's interpretation of Yoda's Hut.

Hmmm, I'd have imagined Sideshow would make more, before someone came along and recasted theirs.

With something this large, fragile, and so many accessories, I wouldn't trust a bootleg outfit on it.

It's not a recast. It appears to be a 100% totally different sculpt.

Looks too small and it's a just-okay price. Exact same price the Sideshow one was 7-8 years ago. Sculpt's not quite as good as SSC's, but the accessories seem comparable. Sideshow's wasn't accurate either and too small as well, but the Sideshow one you could at least squeeze a Luke inside. This one looks like it might be a bit too tight.

Curious to see what it's made of. If it's plastic then I'll grab it, cut it up and make a larger hut that's screen accurate. It'll probably be some kind of polystone though. It's the reason I never got the SSC one - it's off in many ways and because its polystone there was no way to fix/adjust it.

I might have been a bit hasty in my assessment. Maybe it's not a straight recast, but it's clearly based on Sideshow's. Wacky floorplan and completely underscaled, with none of the detail from SSC's version. They also seemed to mimic the original's accessories.

It's like it's their own interpretation of Sideshow's interpretation of Yoda's Hut.

Not to defend this company or the product, but how else are you going to do Yoda's hut? It's just a cutaway that matches the set details as best they can. And the accessories aren't something Sideshow dreamed up - they're props seen in the hut in the movie that any company would attempt to match and include.

In some ways the "too small" thing may work for this dio - the SSC hut is a pretty huge space commitment for some, and people may just want a nice small hut backdrop for their new HT or SSC Yoda, and I guess you could seat Luke outside it. It's kinda like HT's Sarlacc base for Fett - it's way underscale but accentuates the figure without dedicating a ton of space.

And the fact that both HT and SSC have released a Yoda makes the timing smart.

The makers have said on Facebook that it will fit inside a Detolf so it's definitely smaller than the Sideshow version.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back