Yo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaktown2000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Figured it was about time I formally introduce my boardname here.

My collection consists solely of PFs and a couple of the 18" NECA figs (until Sideshow gets around to making them :lol ).

My journey to the PF figs has been an interesting one. I started years ago with collecting the 6" McFarlane NFL Sportspicks figs. I eventually sold every one of them...and bought up every single 12" NFL Sportspicks. Only to turn around and sell all of those and buy up a whole slew of Authentic Fullsize Oakland Raiders Helmets autographed by various players. After buying around 17 helmets...I decided that was enough. Sold them all.

Right about this time I came across a "statue and busts" thread over on Spawn.com (which I still frequent often...despite not buying any more products) and fell in love with the busts I saw done by Bowen Designs. Within 2 months...I had roughly 30 busts. Then....I bought my first full size. The recent Classic Hulk. And naturally....I decided to sell every one of my busts...and graduate up to the full sizes.

While building up my Bowen collection to over 20 full-size statues....I had a financial emergency pop up...and I decided to let go of the materialistic items to help pay for the circumstance. So I sold every Bowen statue I had. It turned out the emergency wasn't as dire as first thought...so i had money left over and was planning on re-buying my Bowens and conitnuing on with that collection.

I had always seen pictures of the PFs and thought they were goofy. I just didn't get it. Resin.....AND doll clothes. It didn't make any sense. And then I was lucky enough to see the Captain America PF in person...the size, the detail, the craftsmanship....just blew me away. Bought an Exclusive version at an inflated price ($400) the next day. And the rest is history.

I know i've bounced through collections like Q-Bert...but I'm here for the long haul with the PFs. The main attraction of this line is the diversity. I can collect my favorite MARVEL characters. I can collect my favorite Star Wars characters. I can collect my favorite LOTR characters. Etc, etc, etc.

In 10 months of collecting the PFs...my collection so far consists of -

John Wayne "Duke"
Freddy Krueger
Scarface
Roger Moore Bond
Robocop EX
Godfather
Hellboy
Boba Fett EX
Obi Wan
Darth Vader
Captain America EX
The Thing EX
The Hulk
Lurtz
Frodo
Gandalf EX

I have on order:
Thor EX
Red Skull EX
Aragorn EX
Anakin EX

I also have the following, which fit in pretty good with the 1/4 scale statues -
Jessica Rabbit (Disney Big Fig0
NECA 18" Edward Scissorhands
NECA 18" The Crow

And I have the new 21" NECA Alien Warrior on order. Still pining for Sideshow to do a Warrior maquette though :monkey2

Thanks for the long read :cool:

Look at you, Keith.

We give you plenty of attention over at Spawn but here you are craving more :D:p

lol....too much BS drama over there sometimes.

It's become 5% talk of statues....and 95% talk of random crap. I could care less to know that someone's mom puts eggs in their middle of their meatloaf....seriously....I could give a ****.

Back