Statue XM Studios Samurai Penguin 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The detail is beautiful, especially the back of the statue which won't get seen lol

mI4I6Z7.jpg

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Premium Collectibles – Batman Samurai Line statue, The Penguin Daimyo! The unique Samurai line is a result of a creative collaboration between Warner Bros. Consumer Products and XM Studios to showcase the Batman universe in exciting new settings!

A piece power-packed with details, this 1:4 statue focuses on The Penguin, one of Batman’s most prominent adversaries. Daimyo (Japanese for “Feudal Lord”) is the title given to powerful landholding magnate lords in Feudal Japan. A cunning, resourceful lord with strong connections, The Penguin Daimyo luxuriates in his Norimono (a Japanese Palanquin used by nobilities), accompanied by his penguin underlings.

The elaborate Norimono is embellished with traditional Japanese inspired motifs, intricate gold ornaments, and details. Recurring elements related to The Penguin decorate the main panels and roof of the Norimono. Two penguin bodyguards who are of a bigger build carrying the Norimono. The smaller penguin underling serve sake with a side of gunpower for the Daimyo’s consideration. Each of the penguin dons a kasa (Japanese traditional straw hat) and carries various explosives in their backpack, ready to launch destructive firepower when required.

At the feet of The Penguin Daimyo is something interesting… gems in a chest with an emblem most resembling The Joker Orochi’s Oni inspired mask and a basket of fish with dynamite socked through the mouth. Who is the Daimyo making dealings with?"

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

penguin_00k5jub.jpg

Nicely detailed and sculpted, but I just don't see the charm of this piece. I don't feel the need.

Congrats to those ordering it, tho!

I've always felt that this line was relatively niche, I think it will appeal to hard-core penguin fans of which I don't think there are many, or more likely those with other ninja/samurai pieces

Looking forward to XM actually releasing a comic-based Penguin. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.

XM Studios News

- Official XM The Penguin Daimyo 1/4 Statue Assembly Video -

“A piece power-packed with details, this 1:4 statue focuses on The Penguin, one of Batman’s most prominent adversaries. Daimyo (Japanese for “Feudal Lord”) is the title given to powerful landholding magnate lords in Feudal Japan. A cunning, resourceful lord with strong connections, The Penguin Daimyo luxuriates in his Norimono (a Japanese Palanquin used by nobilities), accompanied by his penguin underlings.”

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

Review by Art Chayawan at Art Statue Collector

- Review XM Studios Penguin Daimyo 1/4 Scale Statue -

"The Penguin, one of Batman’s most prominent adversaries. Daimyo (Japanese for “Feudal Lord”) is the title given to powerful landholding magnate lords in Feudal Japan. A cunning, resourceful lord with strong connections, The Penguin Daimyo luxuriates in his Norimono (a Japanese Palanquin used by nobilities), accompanied by his penguin underlings. The elaborate Norimono is embellished with traditional Japanese inspired motifs, intricate gold ornaments, and details. Recurring elements related to The Penguin decorate the main panels and roof of the Norimono."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

Back