Statue XM Studios / LBS Thor statue 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mostly tepid response to this one is kind of ...interesting.

I get that the size and price point make it a non-starter for many people. Also, that most people who do have it on order haven't gotten it in yet.

But not even three pages of posts after all this time? For a statue that is as impressively executed and on-point to the classic costume as this is, that's a little sad.

Given the size and cost this isn't going to be for everyone. Not to mention this forum is not what it once was, and a fair amount of people here are also on other forums.

In my mind, the biggest detractor is the size and cost.

This piece came out great. I am also shocked by the muted response here. Mine is on the way. Just picked up Cap to pair with him. Iron Man and Hulk are on the way as well.

Had this in hand for a little while now and I can honestly say if anybody is thinking of picking Thor up, do not let that chance pass you by.

I had already bought the Cap piece which is beautiful in hand, but unboxing and setting up this Thor blew my mind!!!

This statue has so much presence it's hard not to look at.

1/3 scale is finding more popularity as people realise these statues are still displayable and in fact some 1/4 pieces or dios are actually much wider.

DO NOT let the scale put you off, or anybody trying to Jedi mind trick you that the only true scale is 1/4. At the end of the day we all enjoy art, and although I get that some people want every statue be the same scale, I also think that some people will miss out the majesty and detail of the larger scale pieces.

This statue is the real deal, it's an absolute beauty to look at, and easily up there for contender of favourite statue ever.

The sculpt from the always magnificent Franco Carlisemo is truly a thing of beauty. It really captures that classic Thor vibe, and for me this really is the greatest Thor statue I could want. I wouldn't change a thing.

The paint is stunning. I know some people mentioned skin tone, but I really like it, and the fact that his skin is a little different than Caps.

The base as you have probably heard is a work of art, I could go into great detail about all of the cool Easter eggs on there and the cool mythology that encompasses it, but all I really need to say is like the figure standing above it, its also a masterpiece.

LBS are now finally starting to get the recognition they deserve, and its very warranted as both this and their Captain America are truly magnificent.

The team at LBS have poured all of their expertise and love into these statues so far, and I really believe as this line grows people will regard these as the definitive Marvel statues.

Simply superb and I cannot wait to see what LBS comes up with next.

Had this in hand for a little while now and I can honestly say if anybody is thinking of picking Thor up, do not let that chance pass you by.

I had already bought the Cap piece which is beautiful in hand, but unboxing and setting up this Thor blew my mind!!!

1/3 scale is finding more popularity as people realise these statues are still displayable and in fact some 1/4 pieces or dios are actually much wider.

DO NOT let the scale put you off, or anybody trying to Jedi mind trick you that the only true scale is 1/4. At the end of the day we all enjoy art, and although I get that some people want every statue be the same scale, I also think that some people will miss out the majesty and detail of the larger scale pieces.

This statue is the real deal, it's an absolute beauty to look at, and easily up there for contender of favourite statue ever.

The sculpt from the always magnificent Franco Carlisemo is truly a thing of beauty. It really captures that classic Thor vibe, and for me this really is the greatest Thor statue I could want. I wouldn't change a thing.

The paint is stunning. I know some people mentioned skin tone, but I really like it, and the fact that his skin is a little different than Caps.

The base as you have probably heard is a work of art, I could go into great detail about all of the cool Easter eggs on there and the cool mythology that encompasses it, but all I really need to say is like the figure standing above it, its also a masterpiece.

LBS are now finally starting to get the recognition they deserve, and its very warranted as both this and their Captain America are truly magnificent.

The team at LBS have poured all of their expertise and love into these statues so far, and I really believe as this line grows people will regard these as the definitive Marvel statues.

Simply superb and I cannot wait to see what LBS comes up with next.
Great review. Thanks for providing your thoughts. I love how this piece looks and I can’t wait for mine to arrive. I have been waiting so long for 1:3 Marvel pieces and this series is off to a fantastic start.

Appreciate the review. How strong are the magnets holding the weapons? When I see the assembly videos, the magnets appear weak, especially on the axe hand

:duff

Congrats on a spectacular acquisition! I'm happy to see I'm not alone in how I processed this one.

While I'm a bigger fan of Cap as a character, and still love that first LBS statue, this Thor is simply off-the-charts.

And yeah, I do think this is going to come to be recognized, especially once more owners have it in hand, as being on the short list of best ever.

Appreciate the review. How strong are the magnets holding the weapons? When I see the assembly videos, the magnets appear weak, especially on the axe hand

The magnets don't seem very strong.
When I go to dust it, I'll be keeping a finger on the hand just to be safe.

One thing that does help is that the pegs are set pretty deep.

The magnets aren't so strong that they suck the piece in as soon as you get the peg in the hole, but even half way in you can see it's staying in on it's own and not sliding back out.

Mjolnir is also fairly light, so I don't worry too much about that slipping and falling out.

Jarnbjorn is much heavier in comparison. You can always make use of a little museum putty on the peg just to be safe though.

Great review. Thanks for providing your thoughts. I love how this piece looks and I can’t wait for mine to arrive. I have been waiting so long for 1:3 Marvel pieces and this series is off to a fantastic start.
Congratulations, I know that you will not be dissapointed. I too waited a long time for 1/3 Marvel, and this fantastic company is making dreams come true.

Honestly, Magnets are really strong, I saw that they appeared loose on a review, but no issues with mine.

:duff

Congrats on a spectacular acquisition! I'm happy to see I'm not alone in how I processed this one.

While I'm a bigger fan of Cap as a character, and still love that first LBS statue, this Thor is simply off-the-charts.

And yeah, I do think this is going to come to be recognized, especially once more owners have it in hand, as being on the short list of best ever.
100% agree with everything you said, and I too have a soft spot for the Cap statue being as he is my favourite character. Both are ridiculously amazing, and I agree about best ever status.

This piece really is amazing. It has become my centerpiece. Absolutely beautiful.

Attachments

• 723DC788-CBE4-45B0-9521-3CD945AD42FE.jpeg
    723DC788-CBE4-45B0-9521-3CD945AD42FE.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 23
Back