Statue XM Studios Batman Batcave diorama 1/30

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: XM Studios Batman in Batcave diorana

This looks amazing, the details are fantastic for the size

Pics by Louie D. Juadines:

6iRzljr.jpg

XLFdTxT.jpg

zSD4VwM.jpg

It's Sisko's XM Studios Full Booth Tour:

This looks so cool. I can't wait to see it fully painted. There are so many options for the different characters and costumes that can be swapped out with this. I like the scale too. It's simultaneously extremely detailed, extremely massive (overall) AND extremely small at 1/30 scale - which is perfect for cramming a whole Batcave in and not cutting any corners. I can't wait to see all the other Batmobiles and Bat-vehicles that can be eventually be offered for this. And at 1/30 scale, it's perfect for talented customizers to 3D printed Batmobiles and other stuff.

The one thing that jumps out to me as odd is the raised Batmobile platform. How does Batman get it up there and down from there when he enters and leaves the Batcave? It's possible it's intended to be on a rotating hydraulic lift but it seems silly for a few reasons. Even if the lift is flush at ground level so he can drive the car onto it and then it only raises after it's parked, there's still that weird extra lip at the base that he's go to drive over. Second, it's just impractical/inefficient. The Batmobile rotating platform in Batman Forever made a bit more sense because it lowered the car beneath the floor level after it was parked. If the floor closed on top of it, it would be even better as a space saver and some mild protection for the car (from cave intruders and bat-droppings ;)). The raised platform has no obvious practical point. Batman has to walk UP a few steps to get into the car, then the whole platform lowers again to the floor level he was just on so he can drive out the garage door. Looks cool, but it's damn silly.

I reckon there'll be stairs and gantries to connect the sections

The one thing that jumps out to me as odd is the raised Batmobile platform. How does Batman get it up there and down from there when he enters and leaves the Batcave?

In Sisko's video you learn that just about everything on this is customizable for placement- that includes the height of various levels/platforms, as well as ladders for those.

Outstanding concept/design work on this. If I were a Batman fan I'd be coveting this even more than the Sanity piece.

My god this is amazing. I need it. This has been my dream “toy” for a while. I was pumped to get the Wayne Manor from Kenner as a kid and the BTAS cave a few years back. But this is perfect with so many options for vehicles and suits.... thing is going to be a money pit, one I’ll gladly continue paying for. Please tell me this will be available to the US like their 1/6 and 1/4 Samurai stuff.

Any guesses on cost?

If I had to guess, I would say that they'll price the individual pieces in what seems like an affordable way. But it's gonna take so many to do this up right that the eventual total cost is going to dwarf the Sanity piece.

But it's a killer concept, and the fact that it's not just a passive piece that you take out of a box and just look at- that you have the opportunity to exercise your own creativity in setting it all up, is something that sets it above most of this stuff (IMO).

Kudos to XM for being the company that finally saw the potential in this.

Re: XM Studios Batman Batcave diorama

Yea, I love the concept on this. The idea is brilliant. The possibilities are endless.

Hate bumping old threads, but does anyone know anything more about this? 7 months I thought there would have been an update.

Back