XM Studios Alien Hive-Warrior Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures from Ang Seng

"Trying out some cool idea on the new Alien dome...hope it get approved...", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

119175787_26746150594hgjoo.jpg

119481163_26746151060iok6w.jpg

New ideas are good as long as the factory can replicate those ideas :dunno

It's pricey - and the back of the head on the domeless portrait looks like it's been dropped or isn't finished.
I do like it tho, it's the best made up alien piece I've seen so far

XM Studios News

"XM Studios is excited to present Alien Hive-Warrior! An original take on the Xenomorph, XM worked closely with Simon lee aka Spiderzero (world-renowned sculptor, concept designer and character artist) to co-create the concept design of Alien Hive-Warrior. Drawing inspiration from the original creation, this Alien concept brings to life the dark elegance, biomechanical flow and visceral quality of the Xenomorph.

The Alien Hive-Warrior emerges from the Hive, enveloped at the base by a pulsing hive entrance pregnant with various stages of the Xenomorph lifecycle - Eggs in stages of ripeness, freshly hatched Facehuggers crawling with single minded focus. It moves steady and silent, displaying an alien flow and dynamism to its movement.

The Alien (also known as Xenomorph or Internecivus raptus is a fictional endoparasitoid extra-terrestrial species that is the eponymous antagonist of the Alien film series."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

1crjkh.jpg

21ek4v.jpg

4w4kkd.jpg

5wwjin.jpg

6gekyc.jpg

7ndjdi.jpg

7a7pj1z.jpg

8r3jdy.jpg

9a9kjk.jpg

10gfjjo.jpg

As a hardcore ALIEN fan, I can not restrain myself and have to put my 50cents out here.

I do appreciate the artists effort and they are well know players in the field and as well huge Giger/ALIEN fans, hence it is a surprisingly bad Xeno-related product.

Fist off, the color. Why in God?s name brown???? Was never an appropriate coloring for these creatures. I know the Dog Alien and the Resurrection ones are as well in such a color scheme, but for the Dog, it was the overall tone of the movie in warm and brownish colors. Resurrection is not really a point to make as its, well, Resurrection.

The pose sings a terrible song of uninspired lack of passion. Spiderzero is named for making the pose, I can hardly believe that as he is the master of making the smallest and rawest little sculpts lifelike with his poses and dynamic appearances.

The tail. They go all the length to make an "unique" Xenomorph design, but almost entirely reuse the classic Chap/Warrior spine bones tail design. Noting wrong with re-creating the original tail, but it is totally out of place here. It looks even off by scale in thickness and proportions. It is true, many statues at times overdo the length of the tail, but that one here is clearly too short as well.

The back of the head was already mentioned and still I will nag about it. Is it meant to look like it is shot off? As an open cranium? Not only the strange incoherent detailing in this area, the slope down and drop looks odd too.

Yes, I sound like a bit** here, but mostly as there is too much disappointment lately when it comes to ALIEN related products, and since the licenses for that franchise seem to be scarce and expensive, I wonder why these companies don?t put more effort here. A huge miss

Not a fan of this one. Way too messy, esp the base. The Alien looks like a bug, but not in the Alien sense, more like the cockroach sense and with little spiders on the floor. Aliens can look gross and badass, but this just looks gross and ugly, esp the choice of colour.

Not a fan of this one. Way too messy, esp the base. The Alien looks like a bug, but not in the Alien sense, more like the cockroach sense and with little spiders on the floor. Aliens can look gross and badass, but this just looks gross and ugly, esp the choice of colour.

Great... now I just see cockroach

Fist off, the color. Why in God?s name brown???? Was never an appropriate coloring for these creatures. I know the Dog Alien and the Resurrection ones are as well in such a color scheme, but for the Dog, it was the overall tone of the movie in warm and brownish colors. Resurrection is not really a point to make as its, well, Resurrection.

Beating a dead horse here as usual, but you know full well the Aliens warrior is brown too. I don't care if lighting makes it look a certain way in the movie, it's still not blue or grey or whatever made up colour most Aliens warriors are shown as. You don't get red aliens cos they look red in the operations scene. The props are brown, therefore the creature is brown.

Lol sorry about that. Maybe this piece is too organic for me to handle, but at least it looks alive!

No need be sorry. I am seeing what you are seeing so yeah. hahaha

Me too after reading coments I am seeing what you both are seeing..lol

Beating a dead horse here as usual, but you know full well the Aliens warrior is brown too. I don't care if lighting makes it look a certain way in the movie, it's still not blue or grey or whatever made up colour most Aliens warriors are shown as. You don't get red aliens cos they look red in the operations scene. The props are brown, therefore the creature is brown.
so Robocop is actually green, not grey with violets and blues?
because, you know, the props armor is green.

so Robocop is actually green, not grey with violets and blues?
because, you know, the props armor is green.

There's probably no correct answer to this. The Warriors are mostly black anyway. They were highlighted with brown which appears blue under studio lighting. Some people will favor prop accuracy, some will prefer the look seen on screen. Same with the famous green pulse rifles which are very much brown in reality. Unless you can produced both colour options, it probably comes down to which route the company producing the replica wishes to go, they will never please everybody although going for the on screen look tends to be favored in general. Warrior statues are always blue..

This one is obviously a different scenario as it's entirely their creation. I don't really like the brown chosen, it looks leathery to me and I prefer black xenos. But that's fine also, I'm sure plenty will like this.

The aliens are certainly meant to look black with blue highlights not brown. However as everyone knows the dog alien was actually a browish red as well so it's not some made up color.

Even with places that normal lighting it didn't magically change color. It was meant to be that color, having the darker colors in the rest of the prison just helped highlight it more

alien_3_07.png

Some things I do like about it. But It's really hard for me to get into these made up designs.

But in all fairness though. Are not ALL Xeno designs made up anyway? Yes, even the original Giger Big Chap is made up...

:D

Back