WTC's Customs & Mods: ESB - FETT HELMET

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update to let you all know I'm still working.

I keep learning more of how to use the modeling software to make this helmet cooler and easier to assemble.I pre cut-out the key slots so that I won't have to do it myself. I'm making a seat/nest on the inside of the helmet so that the "T" visor seats easily and accurately without any headaches. I'm also making alignment pins for the ear covers so they attach easily. Lastly I'm creating a component that covers the bottom three key slots, and houses the Casio circuit board so that it will be positioned perfectly behind the key slots.

Keyslots.png

Circuit Board Component.png
Keyholes w: Circuit Board.png

967F2E51-CDFE-4E68-AC53-15025B323538.jpeg

Last edited:
“Oh, he’s not dead. Not yet…”

Almost a full year later! Sorry to have vanished, but life sort of had its way with me, so to speak. Had a lot of drama to deal with a over the past year, but I’m still here, and now that life’s a little more stable again, I want to unpack all my gear and get back to work on Fett. It’ll probably take a few months to get up and running again. I just wanted to touch base with ya’ll.

Here’s a couple pics of the helmet prototype on a new body formulation I came up with before life sat on me. I think the proportions are damn near perfect.

Attachments

• CBE1B8E2-B7BF-4F80-B97E-BBB89254191B.jpeg
    CBE1B8E2-B7BF-4F80-B97E-BBB89254191B.jpeg
    715.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 91422485-67F8-4F8E-89A2-A7F0D3E37801.jpeg
    91422485-67F8-4F8E-89A2-A7F0D3E37801.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 0
Slack-jawed.

I feel like i can look at HT's ESB fett and say, "yup, that's boba fett."
But this is so specifically and finely executed that it's akin to recognizing the incredibly specific nuances in a close friend's face - there's some trigger of deeper recognition there. Nope, THAT is boba fett.
Not to mention the added refining of the assembling and fitting process...

Looking good!
Thanks!
Slack-jawed.

I feel like i can look at HT's ESB fett and say, "yup, that's boba fett."
But this is so specifically and finely executed that it's akin to recognizing the incredibly specific nuances in a close friend's face - there's some trigger of deeper recognition there. Nope, THAT is boba fett.
Not to mention the added refining of the assembling and fitting process...
Thanks for the kind words my friend!

Back