Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm smoking some good stuff too lol apparently

Just because it looks more like a real person than previous sculpts, doesn't mean it looks like gal

Realism =/= accuracy

No point insulting each other on the sculpt. It's a great sculpt, but it does not represent Gal Gadot. The Golden Armor one has better likeness.

If you slowly scroll that comparison photo, you can see elements of Gadot in the eyes albeit not perfect. The shape of the nose at this angle seems good enough, but the cheekbones don't look right, and as far as I can see, it's right below the nose where the whole thing falls apart and resembles some other Wonder Woman.

Actual footage below of some of us looking at the sculpt:

So I made Gal look like Hot Toy's sculpt.

Win win for everyone, yes?

Gal.jpg

I really like it, will suit me for a Hot Toys version. I have the JND studios version for realistic likeness which will never be matched in 1/6.

The likenesses between the two Gal Gadot headssculpts are pretty different. I mean, it’s from the same movie. I don’t understand the prevalent problem with likenesses. At this point of Hot Toys as a business, wouldn’t it be more efficient and standard to use scans of the actors. I’m sure with the amount of face replacement on stunt people on the movies, they already have scans. Why not use that? There’s no shame in using accurate scans. It doesn’t take away from the “artistry”. At that point, the artistry is used in the painting.

The likenesses between the two Gal Gadot headssculpts are pretty different. I mean, it’s from the same movie. I don’t understand the prevalent problem with likenesses. At this point of Hot Toys as a business, wouldn’t it be more efficient and standard to use scans of the actors. I’m sure with the amount of face replacement on stunt people on the movies, they already have scans. Why not use that? There’s no shame in using accurate scans. It doesn’t take away from the “artistry”. At that point, the artistry is used in the painting.
Terrible idea. Why doesn’t Pixar just start using motion capture instead of animation and allow the artistry to be in the coloring? Maybe DC comics artists could start using photographs of movie actors in each comic book panel and just add the speech bubbles. Why not? Nice and accurate that way.

There’s no shame in using accurate scans. It doesn’t take away from the “artistry”. At that point, the artistry is used in the painting.
Terrible idea. Why doesn’t Pixar just start using motion capture instead of animation and allow the artistry to be in the coloring?
It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition.

I believe that at this stage in scanning-to-3D tech, some clean-up is required anyway.

Giving artists a scan to work with and interpret may not be a bad thing. Particularly for difficult subjects -- given not all faces require equal effort to capture.

I totally understand your points being an artist myself and putting your “print” and/or soul on a piece of work but in the case of Hot Toys, I think the name of the game is accuracy. We have every member here giving their subjective opinions on likenesses and asking their preference on sculptors. With an unmistakable scan of an actors face, that provides a good starting place for painting. Actually, I wouldn’t mind if Hot Toys developed a way to make body types of off accurate body scans of the actors.

I totally understand your points being an artist myself and putting your “print” and/or soul on a piece of work but in the case of Hot Toys, I think the name of the game is accuracy. We have every member here giving their subjective opinions on likenesses and asking their preference on sculptors. With an unmistakable scan of an actors face, that provides a good starting place for painting. Actually, I wouldn’t mind if Hot Toys developed a way to make body types of off accurate body scans of the actors.
I actually think due to licensing or some other reason that Hot Toys can and do get the likenesses spot on, but sometimes aren't allowed to.

The artist Soyoung Lee did two of the Wonder Woman Hot Toys sculpts that didn't look like her, and now for JND studios she has done this:

PXL_20210802_181658127.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210802_155243891.PORTRAIT.jpg

I actually think for 1/6 the WW84 is pretty much there, I like it.

Probably better because it's her third try.

Also think Yulli's golden armor likeness is a bit better than the JND, so I don't think they are intentionally doing off sculpts.

Has anyone shopped the Golden Armor face onto this figure yet? Would be interesting to see, I don't have the skills.

Likeness is really really good for 1/6 scale, i dont collect figures but if i would buy her!
i got 4 Wonder Woman in 1/3rd 3 Statues and 1 Bust and all looks not 100% like Gal Gadot.

Attachments

• DSCI5368.JPG
    DSCI5368.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 90
Back