Premium Format Wolverine Premium Format (2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Yeah I forgot about that one. I got excited for a second because I thought something new was announced.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

The only other new Superman PF I can think of would be if the display the V2 Christopher Reeve PF that they briefly displayed at SDCC

Did anyone see a lean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not a fan of the pose. It looks weird that he almost appears to be jumping forward and yet his head is turned to the side. And he has gorilla arms if you see it from behind.

Will have to wait and see on this. Not that I need another Wolverine, but it looks like it will pair up nicely with Sabretooth and looks better than the previous brown costume version. I’m assuming the Ex will be an unmasked portrait. That said, there are easily a dozen Marvel characters I would rather have seen.

I like it . The herd mentality has kicked in on this one causing people to join in on the bashing.

I like it . The herd mentality has kicked in on this one causing people to join in on the bashing.

Or, perhaps the people who don't like it....just don't like it. I don't see anyone bashing the piece. Almost every complaint is the same....the pose is all kinds of awkward. I'm personally a HUGE fan of Martin Canale. It's his sideshow pieces that dominate my 1/4 collection. That said, I'm not a fan of this Wolverine. His latest Sabretooth looks great and he absolutely crushed the Cable PF. The pose on this brown Wolverine PF doesn't work for me so I will be passing on it.

I'm surprised this wasn't updated, but the PO went up for this yesterday. I ultimately have no interest in this, but I do like the head sculpt on this one than on their last PF.

I'm surprised this wasn't updated, but the PO went up for this yesterday. I ultimately have no interest in this, but I do like the head sculpt on this one than on their last PF.

It wasn’t updated because this place is on life support and someone just needs to pull the plug.

The pose just looks so awkward to me. It's a real shame as this would have been a winner if he was angled forward instead of back. Am glad I picked up the last one on the sentinel hand, as that's near perfect to me

This piece is very lackluster. I'm not surprised this thread was not updated. Not enough interest, IMO.

It's been awhile but I'm working my way back into the collection. From what I'm seeing these days it's all about XM studios statues. But it looks like Sideshow is still up to it's mostly underwhelming statues.

It's been awhile but I'm working my way back into the collection. From what I'm seeing these days it's all about XM studios statues. But it looks like Sideshow is still up to it's mostly underwhelming statues.

Actually, SideShow has had a string of great releases recently. Look at their recent Marvel, DC releases. Not to mention their Red Sonja releases, too. Yes, they have had bad ones, too, but more great releases than bad.

I should add ...its the same for XM Studios. They've had great releases and bad releases. More great releases than bad ones.

Welcome back IL. I think you'll find every company has its hits and misses. The trick, as always, is buying pieces that really impress you. The good thing nowadays is that there's plenty more choices in the 1/4 game. Iron Studios, Queen Studios, and XM are now options for 1/4 collectors. That increases the odds of getting a character you want made. The 1/4 world doesn't just revolve around sideshow anymore.

Welcome back IL. I think you'll find every company has its hits and misses. The trick, as always, is buying pieces that really impress you. The good thing nowadays is that there's plenty more choices in the 1/4 game. Iron Studios, Queen Studios, and XM are now options for 1/4 collectors. That increases the odds of getting a character you want made. The 1/4 world doesn't just revolve around sideshow anymore.

Hey flilp, It's been a long way back but I think I'm finally back for the long haul again. Yes, I remember the golden rule in this hobby. Buy what you like, because if not then you'll be buying a lot of things and we know that it can get out of hand really quick. Thanks for the heads up with all the companies producing 1/4 statues theses days. The looks the have grown massively since I was last around 6 years go. Crazy to even think that I've been gone that long.

Thanks for the welcome back. Love seeing all the new blood in the hobby and it still going strong if not stronger.

Back